Great web site

• You may have seen this... but I like it http://www.whfoods.com/nutrientstoc.php I noticed on fitday.com that i'm really low on vit b12 so I found this site that will tell you foods that are high in those vitamins.

I've heard that vitamins in their pill form are not that great for you - that you don't really get much out of them b/c they are not natural - b/c they are chemicals. I'm not sure. How do you guys feel about vitamins? Do you think they work? They are so pricey - and I'd hate to buy them if they aren't doing much.
  • I do take a daily multivitamin (the walmart version of one a day for women). I sure hope they are doing their job! But if you would like to try something, the walmart brand is quite reasonably priced.
  • I'm a picky eater (I'm a supertaster, so it's not something I can help), and I miss out on loads of vitamins. I take a regimen of vitamins and I notice a difference (a good one) in my body when I am steady about taking them (not missing days or weeks or MONTHS lol).

That site is awesome, though...I discovered it a few weeks ago when I was reading up about green beans (the only green veggie I can stand).
  • Hilary..
    if you don't mind.. what kind of vitamins do you take? I noticed I'm low in B12 - the only thing I like that is high in b12 are eggs.
  • I've started recently taking a multi-vitamin (actually, per doctors orders, I take two) and I take an iron supplement now (low iron - hence all the vitamins ) and 500 mg of Vitamin C. I also take a calcium supplement since I don't drink much milk. I started taking vitamins again after tracking my food in FitDay and being appalled at how low my intake was! EEK! I figured - it's better than nothing.

I do notice a difference when I'm taking them. I feel better - and now that I have the iron problem figured out - I have way more energy and I'm not needing a nap everyday just to make it through the day!!

My iron supplement is Fenron (Dr. recommendation)
    Regular Vitamin: Safeway brand - women's multivitamin - weight smart
    Calcium: Target brand Calcium chews (chocolate flavor - yum)
    Vitamin C: Safeway Brand chewables (which I can barely choke down b/c they are so flippin' sweet!)

I figure even a vitamin pill is better than nothing.