New outfit

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Jennifer (teapotdynamo) sent me several new outfits in the mail and this is one of them. I hurriedly took a pic on my lunch break so it's not that great. the skirt is actually a beautiful burgandy color. I love every piece she sent me and there's only one skirt (the mini) that doesn't fit me at this time but will soon.

I compared this pic I took this morning (at 272) with my 264 progress pic from over a year ago and I look like I weigh less now than I did from then. It's amazing what exercise will do for ya.
  • Dawnyal - That is great to friends that share......lucky you - cute outfit!
  • That really suits you, Dawnyal. You look great! What a lovely thing for Jennifer to do. I miss her posts....
  • The outfit is so cute on you!

This sparks a great idea (Jennifer's obviously -- not mine). Maybe we could have our own little trading post here on the 100 club. It would serve both parties -- the party sending would get the larger clothes out of the house (more incentive to keep losing) and the receiving party would get some new clothes while in this transitional time. Don't mean to hijack your thread, but what do you think?
  • Cute outfit! I can't wait till I can compare before and after photos!
  • Paula, I think that's a fantastic idea!!

It's so hard for me to spend ANY money (on clothes) while in transition. But I'm getting rid of stuff all the time and needing new stuff all the time too.

Anybody else?

xoxo
    Linda
  • Cute! Really cute! And like Pookie said, it's a great color on you.

It really IS hard to keep up as you shrink...It's inversely proportionate. LOL
  • Very cute outfit Dawnyal... cute gal in it too!

Clothing sharing is a GREAT idea, I've been working retail for SO long, and have so many different sizes in clothes. I finally gave away 4 garbage bags full (FULL) of clothes to a less fortunate gal... it was nice to know they would go on. I'm greedy and keep all the smaller sizes for when I shrink..

-Aimee
  • The rose colour looks great on you! Save all these pictures - you will be so thankful.

Paula.. wonderful idea! I usually give my stuff to goodwill (normally it's stuff that's too small!!) let me look in my closet.
  • What a great idea! But, how are we gonna do this? Just post "I have the following clothes to give away..." and then list them? How do we decide who they will go to? First to respond? or what? Who pays postage?

I will probably have some clothes (although I've given ALOT away on Freecycle) but I am sure I will have a few more.

Looking forward to finding out how this will work.

Thanks.
    Kathy Bahr
    Merritt Island, FL
  • Will this apply to dvd's and videos too? I have several VHS tapes I need to find new homes for. Three are brand new (1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile), still in shrink wrap Walk Away the Pounds for Abs. Just the VHS tapes though, no ab belt, as I am keeping that to use with the DVD that I have. I also have Walk the Walk VHS (1 mile and 2 mile) two complete workouts by Leslie Sansone. Also a couple of other misc. vhs tapes. I no longer use VHS only DVD.

I was thinking of selling them on ebay, but not sure I want to mess with that. I may just give them away instead....

Anyway, let me know, ok?

Thanks.
    Kathy
  • Great ideas everyone! When I think of the bags and bags of clothes I just gave to Goodwill, oi! There have been several articles in the local newspapers about women getting together to have a clothes swap to update their wardrobe, and I always thought would that not be great for women of a larger size. The article focused on women who wear a size 2 on a bad day. We could always set up a thread to post pictures (or a website for that matter) of the clothes with size and descriptions, as a suggestion.
  • No need to apologize for hijacking, I think it's a wonderful idea. I was thinking along the same lines since the were such nice clothes that I would love to pass them along when they get to be too big for me.
  • Nice threads! And you spiff them up, Dawnyal.
  • There was a clothes swap thread on 3FC a while back -- mods didn't want to have a specific forum for it, but people were welcome to post give-aways and such. Anyone know where that thread is?