Awesome breakfast

• I've been running late all week and had oatmeal for brekky every morning at work. It's lacking the protein dept. and I've been trying to get in more protein. This morning I grabbed a spoonful of peanut butter (between 1 1/2-2 tbs.) in it with my splenda and wow it was a great taste. It was also extremely filling as I didn't get hungry again until just before lunch. (I ate brekky at 8:30 and lunch around 12:15.)

I might also add that I was tempted to just grab a little debbie for breakfast since it was potluck today and why not eat like heck all day and reminded myself that it is just one meal of 21 for the week and no reason to blow the whole day. I'm so glad I did too.
  • Cool idea Dawnyal...have you tried the new Quaker Oat Weight Control Oatmeal? That stuffed is PACKED with protein--I think about 10g's worth! It will definitely stick to your ribs! You can make it with milk for even more protein!
  • Ohh... I'm going to try it! Great idea!
  • If anyone likes eggs, I love to make mini frittatas. Just take a muffin pan and spray it with non-stick spray, load in about a 1/4 cup of fillings in each cup (I like broccoli, lowfat ham and goat cheese) and fill about 3/4 full with eggbeaters (or other egg subsitute). Bake for like a half an hour at 350 degrees. They will poof and then fall as they cool. Slide them out of the pan and into a ziptop bag. Store in the fridge. You can zap for 30 seconds and actually eat them with your hands (or a knife and fork if you have that kind of time). Super easy!
  • Mmmm, peanut butter! I've never tried peanut butter in oatmeal before, but I love it in Cocoa Wheats or Chocolate Cream of Wheat. Like having a peanut butter cup for breakfast. Yum!

Goddess Jessica: Love the mini frittata idea! Will have to give it a try!
  • This is so funny. This is what hooked my 4 y.o. son on his morning steel cut oats. He just loves his peanut butter in it -- so much so that he doesn't need a sweetener in the oatmeal! When I tell people this, they often give me the gag sign, but he LOVES it -- and apparently it's not so bad.
  • Yay, Dawnyal!!!

And Jessica, I am just LOVING that mini frittata idea!!! I am so going to do that this week. Maybe a teensy bit of lowfat mozzarella, spinach, and some minced jalapenos? Yum!
  • MMM those mini-fritattas sound good. I may have to make me some.
  • I LOVE oatmeal with peanut butter - I don't even need to sweeten it. Just a little milk on it and yummy! (LOL Paula - I usually get weird looks from people too.) I need to pick up more oatmeal tonight when I go shopping...
  • Yummers! That sounds good. I never would have thought to put peanut butter in my oatmeal. I wonder if Em would eat it thattaway?? She hates oatmeal but loves peanut butter, hmmmm? I like to make mine with 0 cal sweetener, cinnamon, and chopped nuts, mmmmm! Oh, and those fritattas sound delish!! I'm definitely gonna have to give that one a try, thanks!!

Beverly