3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weekly Journal Buddy Thread--Oct. 10 - Oct. 16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/66531-weekly-journal-buddy-thread-oct-10-oct-16-a.html)

artist 10-15-2005 06:06 PM

I'm checking in here so that Jilly doesn't come and hunt me down! :o :o :o
That was a very fine suggestion about 'me-time', Jilly, and much appreciated, :) :) :) but it aint happening just yet.....am behind on my studying/course work :( (this is ENTIRELY self-inflicted :dizzy: :dizzy: ), and had course days Friday and today (Saturday). Tomorrow I have to do course-work, although my beloved is also coming around to distract me :D :D , which is a good thing since we haven't seen sight of each other for a fortnight..... ;) ;) ;)

So, I confess my eating has gone to pot. :o :o I have absolutely no excuses. :devil: :devil: But I will try and do better tomorrow.....

rabidstoat 10-15-2005 11:49 PM

Okay, today was a hamburger-and-fries day, but I plan on having one of those each week, so it's fine. Dinner had lots of veggies, too.

SATURDAY

Breakfast
Low sugar oatmeal
Morningstar soy breakfast patty

Second breakfast (I feel like a hobbit!)
"2 egg" Egg beater omelette, with garlic and onion sauteed in 1 tsp olive oil, topped with a slice of 2% cheese

Lunch
Quarter pound burger with ketchup
"Small" frieds (still between 4-5 ounces at this joint)

Dinner
Low fat shrimp creole, heavy on the veggies, over brown rice
1 cup Edy's slow-churned ice cream (and I suspect the past serving or two were 1 cup, in retrospect)

Exercise
30 minutes on the stationary bike (I'm getting better!)

Calories: 1871

Tomorrow starts a 2-night business trip. No stationary bike. I'll try to do some walking, I suppose. I have a few healthy eating places in mind, but the two catered lunches are set.

alphabetsoup 10-16-2005 03:31 AM

Saturday:

Breakfast:
Kashi w/1% milk

Lunch:
Strawberry Smoothie (1% milk, strawberries, dry pudding mix)
Granola bar

Snack:
1 pc. of bakery bread w/ margerine

Dinner:
Homemade Chicken Noodle soup (chicken breast, chicken stock, carrots, celery, onion, egg noodles)
Bakery Bread w/ margerine

Snacks:
Popcorn

Drinks:
3 oz cola :lol: (I just wanted a little)
water

Cal: 1816

Exercise: Playing outside with kiddos - 45 minutes. Running, chasing, capturing, tickling. :D

DishyFishy 10-16-2005 12:39 PM

Good luck with the studying, Claire, books and Beloved.... ;)

I didn't want the cola I had, Laura. :lol:
I was baby-sitting yesterday evening--was supposed to be for three hours, but turned into six. :rolleyes: Fortunately the kids were in bed for most of the time. :s: I won't drink unfiltered tap water, and was so thirsty I ended up having a full-sugar tin of Coke from her fridge. I usually take water with me when I go out, but completely forgot yesterday. :doh:

Sat 15/10:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk, 500 ml water.
Lunch: 4½ oz chicken breast (grilled), 2 oz whole-wheat pita, naked coleslaw, tomato; 500 ml water.
Snack: Ginger snap, 1 oz piece pumpkin bread.
Dinner: 540 ml tin Campbell's Beef Fajita soup, 10 RF Triscuits, 500 ml water.
Extra Drinks: Starbuck's grande bold roast, Timmy's XL coffee with cream, 355 ml tin Coke, 710 ml bottle spring water.

Total kcals: 1620 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 2 miles WATP, 30 minute bike ride.

Today's plan:

Breakfast: Cereal, coffee.
Lunch: Grilled chicken on whole-wheat pita, salad.
Dinner: Either grilled lamb & veggies.

rabidstoat 10-16-2005 07:34 PM

Okay, low on health today, but in my calorie range, so eh. I'm on a business trip and grumpy and usually I do much, much worse. It was just a personal pan pizza instead of half a medium, and just one candy bar instead of grazing on various snacks and ending up with the candy bar I was trying to avoid at the end anyway.

Breakfast
1.5 cups potatoes o'brien, stir fries in 2 tsp olive oil
Morningstar Farms breakfast patty
Peach

Snack
TGIFriday's potato skin chips (on plane)

Lunch
Au Bon Pain mediterranean chicken salad with mediterranean dressing (at 490 calories total, instead of the 300 calorie total Thai chicken salad, but they were out, oh well, tons of fat but at least 'good' fat)

Snack
Orange

Dinner
Individual (6") veggie pizza (conservative estimate at 700 calories)
Chocolate bar

Calorie total was about 2000. I didn't exercise like I planned, planes always run me down. I did get exercise dragging my luggage through the airport, my rollaboard doesn't roll anymore so I have to tote it, my laptop, and my purse all along by hand.

Jillegal 10-17-2005 12:41 AM

I know how difficult it is to stick to healthy eating when you're travelling, Rabidstoat, so as long as you do okay calorie-wise I figure you can take the hit nutrition-wise and make up for it later (anyway, I'm not going to come down on you in case you sic that scary looking cat on me :eek: )

Glad you checked in, Claire, and owned up to having "no excuses" ~ it reminds everyone we're all human and that lapses don't have to mean anyone's giving up. I trust you'll get back on track ASAP (exercising with the beloved on Sunday was probably a good start :devil: )

Ali and A-Laura ... after reading this, you might prefer unfiltered tap water! :s:
http://www.organicconsumers.org/scho...cola021605.cfm

Saturday
2 - Flax cereal with
1 - 1/2c 1% milk
Afternoon
4 - "Fruit Explosion" muffin
2 - Tim Hortons coffee with cream
Early evening
7 - Homemade meatloaf *
2 - mashed potatoes (very small portion)
3 - baby carrots
2 - sliver of Mariah's birthday cake
0 - 1 litre bottle of lime flavoured mineral water
Evening
0 - 1 litre bottle of lemon flavoured mineral water
23 total (1 over target)

* extra lean ground beef, 2 egg whites, 1% milk, onion soup mix, finely crushed melba toast, minced garlic, tomato sauce

Exercise: Morning walk with dog (20 min), 1-1/2 hr. hitting the trails (rugged terrain)

BethC 10-17-2005 07:57 AM

Ok, I'm doing better. I had a long weekend to think about everything. I weighed-in Saturday AM and by pure luck stayed exactly the same!

Yesterday, I went to Bliss (a spa in here in NYC) and had a massage and a facial. It really helped me to relax and get out of my head for a while.

So the good new is I'm really back together now. Unfortunately, my IT band is still really tight which makes me nervous that my knee will "pop" again. It seems like a constant battle, doesn't it? I really whined at my PT on Friday, I was in a lot of pain, (not all physical) but I realized what I wanted was him to cheer me up, next time maybe I'll just tell him that instead?

Enought rambling, I'm joining the gym downstairs in my office and today I have to take a stress test, fun!

Have a good day everyone!

jillybean720 10-17-2005 08:09 AM

STOP...Started a new thread for the new week--come join us there! :)