'Old'-new member

• Its been a long time since I've been here...I was in the small group of us who started the 100lb club years ago. We started out in a thread in Buddy Up and soon after they reformatted the board and we had our own little home. I was fairly active here through late 2001, but health problems got the best of me and I've been pretty off track since then. I've decided I need to get back on track- I am a lot further away from my goal then I ever was.

I see a few familar faces from way back then and lots of new people too- I can't wait to get to know everyone again. I'm single, 33 & live in mid-Michigan. Due to my medical problems, I am no longer able to work or go to school (had been working on my PhD when my life got turned upside down). I have 2 cats- Maxwell & HoneyDew- and a dog- Maggie. My mom lives with me to help with all the medical stuff. I hope that by getting my weight down that some of my medical problems won't be as severe- I can't imagine never working again and can't believe its been 5 years already...it seems like yesterday.

Christine
  • Welcome back Christine!
  • Welcome back to the forum Christine! It sounds like you've been through and are still going through a rough period with your health. I'm looking forward to seeing more posts from you!
  • Welcome back Christine ~ I remember you for way back when. Glad to see you back and back on track ~ you can do it!!
  • Hi! Welcome back Christine. How cool to have one of the original 100 lb. clubbers back on board! I'm glad you've found your way back here, and are ready for a fresh, new start!

Beverly
  • Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. Good for you for coming here again to try and redice some of the health issues through weight loss!
  • BACK! As you know, you've come to the right place for support. Looking forward to seeing you lose some weight and lose those health issues. You can do it!
  • Welcome back!
  • back! I remember you!!! Glad to see you found your way back home. I know you can do this!!
  • Welcome back. I too remember you from way back when.
  • Welcome back, Christine!

And a big thank you for being one of the founders of the 100lb. Club. Just the best place on the 'Net for support.
  • Welcome back Christine. I look forward to getting to know you.
  • Welcome back Christine

So nice to have you "home"

xoxo
    Linda
  • Thanks everyone! I kept saying I would get back on track at some point, and suddenly I realize how much time has passed by- its shocking & embaressing! I did pretty good yesterday & today- I did most of my monthly grocery shopping & picked up a few things I needed...and left lots of things at the store that I would have liked- if you know what I mean I'm trying to not do my typical over planning & wanting 100% perfections of myself- I know its not realistic...but wouldn't it be nice? I'm still figuring out just how to do this with all my health problems- I've spoken with my doctors, but other then the 'lose weight', it seems most don't think of the 'how' part & what it means in relation to everything else.

I need to get some of my exercise equipment set back up...did I mention I have enough to fill a gym? Okay...not quite that much, but more then any one person should have...especially if you don't ever use it. Ironically there is a lot of it I can't use anymore due to my knee, but I don't have the heart to get rid of it (and beside, my mom might not like if I got rid of the things she uses regularly). I know I am start at a lot different point then I was 6 years ago, when I was much more healthy. I have to just get back to were I was starting at before- I have a long uphill battle ahead of me.

I really look forward to getting to know everyone again & helping each other out on our journeys toward health~