New here & starting today

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone, I've been lurking around here for a couple of days and since today is my first official day of getting healthy & strong I thought I'd introduce myself. I've got about 125 to lose and I'd like to do it before I turn 40 (in 2 years). I'm pretty much doing Body for Life. I'm doing small meals/snacks every couple of hours with a lot of water and I'm following the BFL exercise program. (I'm headed out to the gym to work out later this evening)

I'm a homeschooling mom of 2, a web designer and an aspiring fiction writer so I spend a lot of time sitting @ the computer. I've had a life long problem with weight (yeah, I was the fat girl who got picked on ) and I'm determined to get strong...I really don't care how much I weigh but I do want to build some muscle and lots of endurance to ride bikes with my dh and kids...just looking for support & encouragement and hoping to encourage others in their journey.

Cya,

Mary (who is going to get an avatar made soon!)
  • Welcome, Mary!!
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome to the forum Mary! I hope to see more posts from you soon!
  • Oh Mary, we need to hang out. I am a homeschooling mother of 3, now 115 overweight (after having lost 18), trying to lose my weight for a marathon to celebrate my 40th birthday in 3 years, and after 10 weeks of my own thing exercise-wise, am now on my second week of BFL. Tell me you live in the Mid-west and I will freak out a bit.

Welcome! This is a great place to do it.
  • Welcome! What sort of fiction do you write? I'm an aspiring writer, myself.
  • Welcome Mary

It's an exciting and scary time when you're just starting out, isn't it?

You've found a wonderful place for all the love and support you'll need!

Post often
    xoxo
    Linda
  • Paula, I'm in Missouri. Freaking yet? :: Weird......... LOL! We definitely need to hang out!

Mousie, I write Inspirational (Christian) Romance. I'm headed to a writers conference in a couple of weeks where I get to hang out with people who have actually published something. What do you write?

Thanks for the welcome messages everyone! This group seems so supportive and I can't wait to get to know everyone here.

Mary
  • Welcome Mary...its a great group of ladies and the odd man here and there. Yeah, I'm odd.
  • HI! Lovely to meet you
  • Quote: Paula, I'm in Missouri. Freaking yet? :: Weird......... LOL! We definitely need to hang out!

Mousie, I write Inspirational (Christian) Romance. I'm headed to a writers conference in a couple of weeks where I get to hang out with people who have actually published something. What do you write?

Thanks for the welcome messages everyone! This group seems so supportive and I can't wait to get to know everyone here.

Mary
    Cool. I write novels for teens/tweens. Still trying to get published, but haven't given up yet!
  • Welcome from Denise. This is a great place to post!
  • Welcome. Everyone here is great! I find it helps keep me on a better path if I check in every day. Reminds me I'm not alone and shows me others have made huge healthy steps. Look forward to getting to know you
  • Hi Mary, glad you found us. Post often so we can get to know you better.

~Dee
  • Wow -- Missouri -- cool. I'm in your neightbor, Illinois, but up in the Chicago area.