Old 09-21-2005, 03:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default The biggest loser week 2

Just seeing what y'all thought of it.
I'm ready for Mark to be gone. That was just plain rude of him to attack Shannon like that on the timed to eat/not eat challenge. I didn't see anywhere where it was a team challenge, just a personal one to overcome your willingness to pig out on foods and be rewarded for it. I wanted to smack him. I liked the challenge and the fact that the women did win it. It was awesome that the whole group cheered on Jeff while he crossed the beam.

As for the weigh-ins I wasn't really surprised at the outcome. It seems like last season on the second week, the men still had decent losses while the women barely lost, maintained and even gained. I expect to see the men experience the same thing next week. I think the team made the right decision by elmininating Kathryn. She wasn't going to be at her peak performance for at least 6 weeks and as of now you still have to depend on your team to get you through challenges and be able to exercise. She seemed so taken aback that they voted her off and had it been me I would've expected it with an injury and been thankful to have had the time I did with either one of the trainers.

that's just my 2 cents.
Oh and if you don't check out their website Gary from season one is giving commentary each week. They don't have his take on this week up yet though.
http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser...ryscommentary/
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:36 PM   #2  

thanks for posting this website. I went and viewed and it was neat. I taped the show and haven't watched yet so can't throw in my opinion.
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I haven't even watched my tape of the first episode yet but I can hardly wait for the chance to sit down and catch up!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:19 PM   #4  

Wink

Hi group. I watched the second episode. Wow, what a bad attitude Kathryn had! Unfortunately for her, she was the right person to go. She was injured & probably wouldn't be much of a team player.

I wished that they would show more of the "diet" that both groups are following. I would like to see what they all are eating & how their coping w/ that.

I watched the first episode & was so inspired by it that I joined WW the very next day! I’ll be weighing in on Fridays so I'll let you all know how I did.

I committed to a 10 week program! I'm sure I'll be asking everyone for some help as time goes on.

Michele
in-a-nutchele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:32 PM   #5  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Good for you, Michelle!

Howie and I didn't see the point in that letter-from-home challenge at all. And we agree, it was in terrible form for Mark to taunt her like that.

I thought Kathryn emanated bad vibes - just seemed like she bristled most of the time. I know a lot can be production and editing, but she definitely didn't seem to fit in with the other team members (as evidenced by their comments at the voting). No love lost there!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:45 PM   #6  
Tenacious

I didn't care for the letter from home challenge even though I don't know why since I liked the challenge last season where they could call home if they ate something which is along the same line.

I would have voted Kathryn off myself, but then again if I were Kathryn I would have told them to vote me off. (How the crap did she think she was going to be able to do that second - balance- challenge when she couldn't even walk????)
DeterminedInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:01 PM   #7  

I missed most of the show...I only got to see about 15 minutes of the last part of it, but I must admit that I am disappointed. I thought they were going to base the weight loss on BMI's or percentage of fat instead of actual pounds. It could be my imagination, but I think it can (not always) be easier for men to lose weight. I think basing it on percentage of fat loss would be even the scales. When my brother and I did a challenge to lose weight (we both lost, but I lost more weight than he did...he likes to drink beer, lol) He automatically doubled the weight he would lose because girls lose slower. Am I wrong on that? If I am, someone please enlighten me.
Universityprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:11 PM   #8  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Hi there, I'm watching the show too and it's OK so far.

They are basing the weight-loss on a percentage rather than the pounds themselves, it's possible that you missed that part.

You're so right though..it WOULD be completely unfair if they did it with pounds alone!

xoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:56 PM   #9  

Cool

I agree with you all on Kathryn and Mark -- he should be the next one booted off. I really liked that they supported Jeff during the balance test. That was a pretty nasty frisson between Jillian and (can't remember his name). I do wish the women would stop bawling. That's really annoying. They seemed to have tried to be fair in recognizing in the weight loss differences between the men and the women but it does seem to be more difficult for women to lose weight even with all that exercise. I have been in a medical fasting group for the past 7 weeks and have lost about 32 lbs. One man, who started out at about the same weight as me, has lost 60 lbs. in the same time frame. grrr.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:27 PM   #10  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I have mixed feelings about the show. I hated the free-for-all binge-fest in episode one. Yuck! And that bloke goading the woman to eat on the challenge in the last episode really turned me off. I know that ultimately it's a competition (with a whopping prize, to boot), but nevertheless, the way he behaved was below the belt, IMO.

That said, and though I think I preferred season one, I'll still be tuning in each week to see how they all get on.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:53 AM   #11  
Downsizing Dee!

Dawnyal, your post is exactly what I would have written - I agree completely.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:26 AM   #12  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosettastone
I have been in a medical fasting group for the past 7 weeks and have lost about 32 lbs. One man, who started out at about the same weight as me, has lost 60 lbs. in the same time frame. grrr.
He's also exercising about 5 hours a day!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:13 PM   #13  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

The binge in episode one really turned us off...What was WITH that woman licking the chocolate from the fountain? I know she'll never live that down - made me cringe for her.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:52 PM   #14  
prepare for the BEST time

Can you imagine? going back to your real life and people speaking to you and referring to you as .....Oh you know who Suzanne is......she's the blonde from the show who stuck her tongue in the chocolate fountain.......being remembered for that action, not losing 60-70 lbs........

maybe they paid her extra to do that?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:59 PM   #15  

Quote:
Can you imagine? going back to your real life and people speaking to you and referring to you as .....Oh you know who Suzanne is......she's the blonde from the show who stuck her tongue in the chocolate fountain
ooooh, cringe! She is never gonna live that down! What on earth was she thinking? Perhaps she briefly forgot the cameras were there? At any rate, I know I'll always remember her for that, poor dear.

Hey I posted about this on The Biggest Loser forum too, but maybe you guys could also help me out.

Something I don't get, and tell me if I'm just having a brain fart here, but when they gave the ladies an extra day to workout before their weigh-in, doesn't that now put them at a disadvantage with the men for the next weigh-in, since the men will now be one up on them?

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote