Old 09-21-2005, 09:37 AM   #16  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm down two pounds this week. Every little one and two pound loss really adds up over time. Just one pound a week is over 50 pounds in a year!! Keeping that in mind really helps me when I start getting overwhelmed by the amount I still have to lose or discouraged by the slow pace of it all.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:59 AM   #17  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

Wow. Everyone here is doing such a great job. Keep on! Well, I weighed in last wednesday after 2 weeks - I was down 4 lbs. Then I peeked at the scale yesterday while in the locker room and noticed 3 more gone. . .. GONE!!!! YEAH!!!! GONE!!!! So, happy to see things starting to change! Long and short, down seven since last time. J
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #18  

I gained 2 pouonds. Guess I didn't stick to my goals very good for the 3 weeks I was gone
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:48 PM   #19  
Tenacious

Good job ya'll! Even those of you that gained a little should give yourself a pat on the back because you came here and acknowledged it!

I lost 4.2 this week.
DeterminedInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:52 AM   #20  
Downsizing Dee!

Great job everyone!

Joyce - glad to see that you posted your pic.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:24 AM   #21  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I'm done 3.5 pounds this week. I'm pretty much right at a 390. I'm also wearing pants at a smaller size (down to a lean and mean size 52).
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:44 AM   #22  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good job Matt you will be under that 300 mark before you know it. It's so hard taking off weight that we have lost before. So many of us have been through this. I found that it does have one benefit. Since I gained 120 lbs that I had lost before and have now lost again, that I have a better understanding of what and how I eat effects me. I know I am much more aware of what caused me to gain the weight back and what I need to do to keep it off for good.

Before I would eat a set amount of calories and it worked. I took 190 lbs off. If I wanted a Big Mac and I had 800 calories then I had a Big Mac. The only thing was that kind of meal kept me wanting the junk and it just lead to more and more eating of junk. Then when I injured my back I slowly gained most of weight back because I did not have healthy eating habits.

Now I know what people mean when they say it's a lifestyle. I always hated it when people would say that. I would argue that you can call it what you want but it's a diet. Now I know what they mean. It really does become a lifestyle. I am now eating healthier than I ever have in the past. Getting all my fruits, veggies, grains, dairy, protein and yes even a treat once a week.

So I guess what I'm saying is for all of us who have gained it back and are now taking it back off. Use it to your advantage. Look back and see where you went wrong and correct it this time around. Find a lifestyle that works for you.

Last edited by howie6267; 09-22-2005 at 12:00 PM.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 12:07 PM   #23  
Crazy Canuck

Congrats to those who've lost! Those who've maintained (or gained) keep going and I look forward to seeing your next weigh-in.

As for Howie...thanks for being here. Period!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:19 PM   #24  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Well done everyone

I'm down from 194.2 to 192.4 this week, for a loss of 1.8 pounds

xoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:27 PM   #25  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Well done everyone.

I'm into another new decade, at 189, today
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:43 AM   #26  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Congrats to losers, gainers and maintainers! We're all still here. That's my bit of gratitude this week. And thanks for the awesome post Howie.

Joyce, I would count a 2 pound gain on a 3 week vacation a win. Besides with all the walking you did at least some of it has got to be MUSCLE!

I didn't get to the doctor this week to weigh in. I am abandoning the scale at the gym (I get wildly fluctuating readings) and have decided to start wieghing in at my doctor's office. I am going to adjust my ticker tape thingy up 2 pounds as this seems to be the diference in the two scales. Will let you know next week about my first weigh in at the docs.

Amzingly enough, when I went shopping this week, I was one to two sizes SMALLLER than the last time. Why I say amazingly enough is because I weigh MORE than the last time I shopped. I attribute the change to exercising consistently and lifting weights. Yeah!!!

See you next week,

Denise
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #27  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good job you guys you are doing great!!

Howie - Since I count calories, I have been noticing the same thing. On a really good day, I could have 400-600 calories left over. When that happened on Monday, I filled those calories with ice cream. Did I need 600 calories of ice cream - **** No!! but according to my program, I could have them. Because of my food addiction, I will beat the system every chance I get. So to save me from myself I have added a new rule to my 2,000 calorie plan. Treats are to be 150 calories or less and I cannot have more than one treat at a time. We'll see how that works.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:40 PM   #28  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good idea Sandi. I have made up my mind not to have a treat day untill the first of the year. Of course that does not include Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am just talking about my weekly treat day. I really need to make it to goal. I want to be 245 before my surgery. I feel I need to be as healthy as I can for that.

I have maintained these last two weeks, Thanks to our trip to Baltimore and not staying on plan very well. Not staying on plan at all really. At least I have not gained. I will take that.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:52 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I weighed in on Thursday, and was down 2.5 pounds that I had gained from that nasty TOM. Phew! Now if I can try and eat good despite this nasty cold... it's just so easy to eat bad when you are sick... well easy to justify anyways!

Congrats all you losers... consistency.. who knew it really worked

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 07:39 AM   #30  

Wow, that's major Sandi! What a fantastic idea! Good for you for knowing yourself and your addiction well enough to enstate this rule, I think the little things like this are gonna make a huge difference for you. Keep it up sweetie, you're doing great!!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote