Old 09-08-2005, 12:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 299/299/225

Height: 5'5

Default Newbie, and 10th day of Curves

Well Here's my story, I decided 2 1/2 weeks ago i decided that enough was enough, and walked into my local Curves and signed up!
So after that hudge step in my life, i was feeling pretty proud of myself, and i even started going 4 times a week......BUT
after the labor day weekend, i weighed myself and nothing gained, but even more dissapointing to me nothing lost..
So i'm feeling pretty down about things, i know that it's soon, but shouldn't i have lost even a pound.....?
So i'm sure there's other folks out there that feel or have felt the way i do right now....i'm just unsure maybe this curves thing really doesn't work.....
thank you very much for letting me vent!

CrazyRai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:19 AM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time of it. What kind of diet are you following? Did you change your eating habits along with the exercise? There are a number of things that could factor in. I would just give it some time and try not to get discouraged.

Welcome to the group and look forward to getting to know you.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:23 AM   #3  

Smile Keep at it

Hi
I've been going to Curves for 2 years, an average of 4 times a week. I was also going to WW and didn't lose much right away. I was disappointed, but kept going. Then suddenly after I'd been going 3 or 4 months and had lost an inch here and there I lost a total of 15 inches. I have kept those inches off though the scales didn't show much loss. Keep at it and try not to get too discouraged. You will notice that your body changes and your clothes begin to fit differently.
Nanalise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:00 AM   #4  

Hello Thank you very much for your words of encouragement...
I had an observation sometime during the night, which was, that the past few years this weight had come on, i was no doubt lazyier then ever, i went from being able to run a mile in 6 minuets to hardly being able to walk up stairs without feeling like it was tough work, and i think, if after my buffets visits, taco bell, i would have worked out even 3 times a week could this outcome of weight been kinda prevented?
Now after watching that documentry Super Size Me, i have a whole new lookout on staying away from fast foods, and feeling sad i added that horriable food to my body....BUT oh it tasted soooo good!

Oh and i have changd my eating, no more eating whole pizzas for lunch, i do a vitamin shake for breakfest and a piece of whole grain toast, lunch is a ww, or lean cusine, dinner is the same or steak/chicken and some sort of veggie, and fruit if i get the munchies....

Last edited by CrazyRai; 09-08-2005 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:11 AM   #5  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi CrazyRai - welcome to 3FC. Congratulations on taking the plunge and joining your local Curves. I've heard lots of great things about it. I'm with Nanalise, you may find you're losing inches which is totally awesome. Make sure you take your measurements so you'll have something to gauge. Don't worry, if you're watching what you eat and exercising, the scales will catch up.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:00 PM   #6  

Ditto! I've been going to a Curves for a year and a half and during the first 4 months with no change in eating I gained 10 pounds BUUUTTTTT I lost 22 inches and went down clothing sizes. Not to mention I developed some sexy muscles Just hang in there and things will fall into place.
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:00 PM   #7  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Welcome CrazyRai

I'm so glad you came over here!

I agree with the others...keep up the Curves...so often you hear from the experts, not to expect to see results for 6-8 weeks when starting an exercise program.
Also, have you checked out fitday.com ?
It's awesome...I use it everyday to record my food and exercise and it gives me all sorts of reports on my progress and all that good stuff. I love it!

You can join our journal buddy thread, where we post our eats. It gives us accountability. There's the "I shook my groove thing" thread where we post our exercise. There's our Yadda Yadda thread where you can post just anything you please about any topic...just a place to chat. We've got our monthly points challenge, and usually have some kind of seasonal/time based challenge too.

Post all the questions/concerns that you want and just..join the family, OK?
WELCOME!

xoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #8  

Thank you Linda for all of your helpful information, fitday.com, is going to be very usefull, i did go to curves today, i'm not to give up this easy on it...I get my first official measurments on the 19th so i i'm thinking positive and hoping for the best!

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. It sounds like you are doing well and you probably are losing inches.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote