I fought a small battle but I won!

• I really, REALLY didn't want to exercise tonight. I thought, "Well, my knee has been bothering me, I'd have to get on the elliptical and go really slow so I didn't hurt myself and it'd be so slow, that it wouldn't be worth doing" Blah, blah, blah, you get the idea...I was really fighting myself. I finally decided that it didn't matter if I only went .5 mile an hour...a little exercise was better than none at all & I promised myself that I was going to exercise regularly from the onset. It's the only way that my knee is going to get better anyway. I went to an orthopedic surgeon about it a couple of years ago and they told me exercise, especially the elliptical, will help. So I finally talked myself into doing in, however slow I had to go for it not to hurt. My elliptical has a calorie counter, and when I was done, I only burned 15 less calories than yesterday. I was willing to give up on exercise for FIFTEEN calories. Anyway, I know it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but I feel very victorious at the moment.

On a related story, DH told me earlier this week how energetic I've been lately. He said that I haven't had this much energy since I was a teenager. Being that I haven't been a teen for a very longggg time, that made me feel great!
  • That truly is a victory! Keep up the good work. Isn't it great to have energy again? Congrats!
  • Every victorious small battle counts towards winning the war ~ good for you!
  • Way to go! Good Job! You should be proud of yourself.
  • Excellent job TakinBabySteps! Bravo!

~Dee
  • Great job! You were 100% right that some exercise is always better than none. I know in the past it was having an "all or nothing attitude" that got me off track. So, good for you and keep fighting those battles until you've won the war!
  • Good job that's a great victory and as Jill said those little battles are what help us when the big battle and the war.
  • good for you for doing it anyway.
  • Good for you!! Aren't you so glad you just went ahead and did it? No matter how much you try to talk yourself out of it, you always end up feeling great afterwards, don't you? Awesome job, I'm so proud of you!!

Beverly