Old 07-27-2005, 11:31 PM   #1  

Default Lurker Speaks

Hi all,

I am generally a lurker on this site. I get a lot of inspiration from reading the posts here. Figured I would finally chime in and introduce my self. At first I was a bit intimidated wasn't sure if men were welcome here. I have of course realized that is not the case. My name is Paul, I am a 30 year old male from Toronto, Canada. I am currently a client of Jenny Craig, and planning on losing 133 pounds. To date I have lost just under 65. You can read a little more about my story here .

Really just wanted to say hi to you guys and let you know you have all been great inspiration.

Howie, just wanted to say you kick but. I was at the gym the other day and lifted a 65 pound weight, and it truly sank in how much I lost. It was such a great feeling. I can only imagine what you must be feeling.

p

My Webpage Feedback always welcome
My Story
My Progress Pics
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:56 PM   #2  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Talking

PAUL!! I LOVE your webpage!!! You've done a great job, just a great job, putting it together. Now, on to your story....I send you love, warm and gentle hugs for you and your mom , and I applaud your perseverance, humility, and courage. You are SUCH a welcome addition to the group! I'm so glad you emerged from lurkdom and introduced yourself!!

I look forward to reading more of your blog, and getting to know you better there and here. And CONGRATULATIONS on your terrific loss to date! Your pic's show a real transformation -- what a studmuffin you are! (And this, from a lesbian! So you KNOW it's true!)

Truly, welcome.....I just know this is it for you.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Hi Paul !!
Welcome to 3FC's. Your going to love it here.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 01:17 AM   #4  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Hi Paul,
Of COURSE men are welcome here
But you said you figured that one out already

Just wanted to say WELCOME...you'll find truly amazing support..and I'm sure Frenchie, Howie and Si will be be really happy to have you here...backup against all us women..

We're here for ya'
Linda

PS, I'm a fellow Canadian..although on the West Coast
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:37 AM   #5  
Crazy Canuck

So happy you decided to leave lurkdom behind, Paul! We're always glad to welcome more testosterone around here (and when the threads become female oriented the other "boys" always manage to pipe in with male perspective!) I'm sure you'll fit right in and I look forward to your imput (great website, by the way!)

P.S. - Its great to have another Canuck on board (I work in Toronto and live in Oakville)
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:02 AM   #6  

Hi Paul and Welcome aboard! If other men only knew how many nice ladies were on this board, we wouldn’t be a minority.

I visited your web site and I really can relate to it as we started with approx. the same specs: I’m 6.0 tall and my highest weight was 335 back in 2003. I am now 248; still going down, slowly but surely!!!

frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:15 AM   #7  

Hi Paul! I'm also a JCer in the US. I've lost 170, working on my last ten. Glad you popped up and said hi!
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. the more the merrier. Kudos on the website. It looks awesome.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:49 PM   #9  

Hey Guys,

Thanks, you all kick but.

Sarah, thanks a lot that means a lot - i have been a lurker of your posts/site for a while. (that sounds kind of creepy) but dont worry it's not. And about the Studmuffin thing ...

Jill, I lived in Oakville for 5 years. Trafalgar by the college

Great to meet all of you.

Funniegrrl, that's phenominal. im floored. Glad to see another JC here to.

Thanks guys.

p

Last edited by Nash; 07-28-2005 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:53 PM   #10  

Yup, Paul, there are a few of us around ... Sashenka who usually posts in Maintainers is one, too.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 01:13 PM   #11  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hi Paul. It looks like you have been kicking some butt yourself. Good job. Glad to have another man around too. Don't be a stranger. Loved your website and will be adding a link on mine. I like what when you said "The thing about it is, the time needed to lose the weight would pa ss whether I made the effort or not:" This is the way I've always felt about it how long it will take to lose the weight. Your right it is all numbers. One of things I realized in college was how much of the world is based on math. It's almost all numbers. I guess that's why I'm a calorie counter. I love dealing with the numbers. Lord knows I can't spell worth a darn so I sure am glad it's not all about spelling.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 01:34 PM   #12  
undeniably moby

Yay Paul...welcome out of lurkdom!

You and your website both kick some serious ***. And all things weight loss related aside, you have amazing taste in music. Looking forward to seeing you around.
satylite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:55 PM   #13  
One pound at a time...

Hi Paul, great to see a another canuck on board! Congratulations on the weight loss and a great website! I used to be a JC girl myself, so great going on the program!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:45 PM   #14  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Paul........welcome, we our male members and treat them like kings!! Congrats on the 65lb lost - that is amazing! I bet lifting 65lb really made you realise how far you have come. You are looking good!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:24 PM   #15  

Hey Howie, i have placed a link to your site as well. And your right, everything about life seems to be math, it's very strange.

Barbygirl, are you on another BB or something - because you look very familiar ( I mean outside of seeing you on this site).

Satylite, thanks about the music, its sort of my fave part of the site will have a lot of fun with it. Yay for no file sharing laws in Canada.

Chocolab, are you in vancouver? The two coasts are my favorite parts of Canada.

Amanda (panda) aside from having and uber adorable name, i have to say congrats on your 1 lb shy of goal. Where are your before and after pics?? huh huh

Frenchie, I ment to comment on this earlier - good to see someone whose been around the same size. Did you not find it hard to actually find clothes when you were 335? My biggest problem was that even Big & Tall stores didn't cator to it, either way to big or way to small, it was strange.

I don't want to be redundant. So I won't say you guys kick but again. But i want to Thank you all for the warm welcome. It is very cool that you guys have formed such a strong community here, and look forward to not only being a part of it, but learning more about each of you.

Paul

p.s - if you want to see a series of funny pics involving dwarf hamsters go to my site. Aside from you guys, the pic made my day.

My Site
My Story
My Progress Pics