Old 07-28-2005, 09:02 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

That's great that you can wear your ring again. Watch out, though--pretty soon it will be falling off that finger!

Linda, that's wonderful news!! You definitely should be proud of yourself and all the hard work you've done.

I'm finally able to wear my shorts from last year. While it ticks me off that I put on some weight from November to May, I'm glad that I'm back on track and heading toward that VFT. Still planning on hitting goal and the 100 lb. loss mark by the end of the year. But if I don't, well, there's always next year, right? Persistence is my middle name.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:17 PM   #32  

Congrats to all on their NSV's

I finally conquered the dreaded bar hang! Hopefully those of you in the US who had to endure the yearly Presdential Physical Fitness Test can relate. This is the test in which you were timed in gym class for the number of sit-ups you could do and your time in a 100 yard dash. And, the boys did chin-ups while the girls had to "just" hang from the bar. Well needless to say I could never hang from the bar and just sort of touched it and jumped to the floor. Well I tried it at the gym the other day and was able to hang and even do some lower body pull-ups . Now, I just gotta find one of those ropes and climb that to banish my past gym class demons!!
tlcstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:25 AM   #33  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcstar
I finally conquered the dreaded bar hang! ...the girls had to "just" hang from the bar. Well needless to say I could never hang from the bar and just sort of touched it and jumped to the floor. Well I tried it at the gym the other day and was able to hang and even do some lower body pull-ups . Now, I just gotta find one of those ropes and climb that to banish my past gym class demons!!
I am super impressed! I hated the Presidental Fitness Test too.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:29 PM   #34  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Apart from walking and biking I do all my exercise at home, so I don't care what I look like--ratty old tee-shirts and a couple of pairs of shorts I've had for a few years do me fine.

So, I was jumping around this morning doing a WATP DVD and my shorts fell down!

They used to be pretty snug across the bum and tum. I love it!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:07 AM   #35  
Laura

Ali!

Good job on the bar hang, star! You know, I was thin (actually too thin) growing up but I remember those fitness tests and I could NEVER do the bar hang! EVER! Hated that!

Another NSV for me: (men avert your eyes )

I SAID, "MEN AVERT YOUR EYES!"

I took the "spacer" out of my bra...you know, I had bras and then I gained weight and instead of buying new bras, I bought spacers that give you several inches around. Well, I took them all out. My bras were driving me CRAZY - they were all over the place and I kept fooling with them and was so frustrated wondering what the heck was up and then I finally figured out that they were TOO BIG! I thought I'd just adjust them a bit, but no, I had to take the whole spacer out for it to fit! THEN - get this - I THREW THEM AWAY!! I NEVER throw anything away people! This is HUGE!
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:09 PM   #36  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

That's a great NSV, Laura! And well done for throwing them away.

Of course, I have a bit of a thing about bras these days.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:12 PM   #37  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

That's great, Laura! There's no smiley for happy boobs, so just use your imagination. :>)8

I have *got* to get some new bras. The girls are swimming in the cups now, plus I have the bras hooked their tightest and there's nowhere to go. It's hard bringing myself to buy good bras right now, especially knowing they probably won't fit for more than a couple months, tops...But everything looks so much better when the foundation's taken care of.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:11 PM   #38  
Laura

I totally understand - they are SO expensive!! It kills me every time I buy a new one - I try to look for the sales, like buy 2, get one free, etc - but STILL!
Old 08-03-2005, 06:53 AM   #39  
Dream Big!

I was happy to find the price of these bras on Ebay. Breezies is the brand sold on QVC for 30-40 bucks each and I got a couple of them for 6.99 + 3 bucks shipping and I love them. There are several sellers who sell merchandise that was returned to the 2 major shopping networks and re-sell at a huge discount. Here's what the bras look like...I found mine in beige...new with tags on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/R85-Breezies-Mol...QQcmdZViewItem
BarbaraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:57 PM   #40  
Laura

Hey - great tip!