3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (13/6 to 20/6) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/59543-weekly-journal-buddy-thread-13-6-20-6-a.html)

BarbaraAnn 06-18-2005 05:15 AM

Well, it's 5 a.m....I've been awake for and hour, 20 minutes....intentionally. :fr:

DH just left for a roadtrip with his parents to Gloucester/Boston. My FIL mentioned that a special festival was starting there on Sunday and he'd love to see his family...it's been 20 years since he's seen many of them and he's 75.

I couldn't and didn't care to go...but I whole-heartedly encouraged DH to go. It felt so weird though...seeing him drive off!!! Sons had no problem going back to sleep....but I think I drank too much coffee. :hyper: Good news is I probably won't be cooking much this week...boys and I will probably go out quite a bit...making it a mini vacation for me as well. I ain't no fool! :lol:

Jillegal: I sure know what you mean about being anxious about learning the art of self-control. Just now, when DH left...I had that weird, anxious feeling...didn't know what to do but the thought of eating popped in my head so I turned the computer on instead and came here. I knew if I started eating...it would be that old mindless way of doing so. Think I'll go lay down with the TV on and hopefully doze off for a bit....the sun's not even up...why the heck am I?!!!! :lol:

artist 06-18-2005 05:45 AM

Ah well, Jill, its good for us to know that you're human, and can occasionally sink to our level! I know what you mean about the self-control issue......on the other hand, a large piece of cake and a couple of glasses of wine are hardly a big deal, given that you have been guzzling water and eating healthily since.....

As for me, I am just getting frustrated.....I have been eating healthily, and its true not exercising as much as I should (I do walk every day, and swim a couple of times a week), and the scales are going up, not down. I am trying to ignore them, since I find it hard to believe this is fat gain, but I am feeling like a sulky child!

So I thought I had better show up here, and log my food/exercise for Friday....

Cappucino
2 halves of horrible, unidentifiable sandwich (lunch at a meeting....had to eat something.....this was all that was on offer...)
Tea, 2 apples (Please note saint-like behaviour.....I was very hungry due to no breakfast, and insufficient lunch....stuck on long train journey, buffet car closed due to flooding (!), and only food available from trolley was cakes, cookies, chips....so I had a cup of tea, and munched on the apples I had fortuitously brought with me.....)
Summer vegetable soup
Ryvita and jam
Chicken and spicy tomato and vegetable sauce, low fat yogurt
Corn on the cob
Low fat hot chocolate

40 min walk

synger 06-18-2005 12:08 PM

I was home yesterday, and ate low-calorie, but not really healthily. Mostly cheese and bread or crackers, which is a serious comfort food for me. Almost no fruits/veggies, which I'm really trying to eat evry day. I just wasn't in the mood for raw apple, which we have to eat out of hand, and didn't have the energy to cook veggies. I actually eat better when I'm at work, because our cafeteria ALWAYS has a vegetarian soup, and an extensive salad bar, and cooked veggies on the pay-by-the-ounce bar.
So enough excuses. I am home for the next three days, so I WILL eat veggies and fruits at home, darnitall!

Breakfast:
whole wheat toast with cheddar cheese melted on top
tea with milk

Lunch:
Reduced Fat Cheezits
Cheddar cheese

Dinner:
2 slices bacon
2 lowfat hotdogs
1 cup of baked beans (DH was jonesing for beans and bacon, so I made some up and made sure I ate only one portion)

snack:
vanilla lowfat yogurt

exercise:
none

calories:

DishyFishy 06-18-2005 02:35 PM

BarbaraAnn: Well done on not giving in to emotional eating. Hope you have an enjoyable (and healthy!) mini break. :)

Claire: Try not to get too frustrated. If you're sticking to plan, you will get results. You're right that the scales are not the only measure of success. Posting in this thread is a great way to be accountable. It's not so much food amnesia I suffer from, but that temptation to convince myself that the calories don't count if no one knows I've eaten! :o :dz:

Well, Jill, consider yourself finger-wagged! And when you've recovered from that you may exercise your fist by shaking it at me. After my lil' lie down last night I emerged an hour later and added another 770 kcals to the wreck that was yesterday's eating plan. :ink: Did I say "plan"?!

What makes it so bad is that I wasn't even hungry. :mad: It was pure compulsive eating. Even as I was routing around for nibbles, I was telling myself that I didn't really want anything, but I carried on regardless. It's as though I'm intentionally trying to sabotage my efforts to date. So to add to my food list is:
1½ oz of Swiss cheese (which I don't even care for)
60 g chocolate Smarties (again, not something I particularly like)
500 ml Pinot Grigio (okay, at least this was enjoyable!)

I had a lousy night's sleep (I spent hours obsessing over my stupidity) and I feel so miserable today. :( The first thing I did when I got up was scour the kitchen for something "nice" to eat. :rollpin: Great idea! </sarc> It was only the thought of coming here and having to 'fess up that had me making my banana shake instead. Even then, I made it with 6% :eek: Balkan style yogurt instead of the 2% I usually use. :censored: What is wrong with me?

taekwondomom 06-18-2005 03:02 PM

Seems like alot of us are having a hard time lately. Don't really know how to help, but I wanted to send out some :goodvibes and give everyone a big 'ol :grouphug: Don't give up!
It maybe you're doing so well on your weightloss adventure that your unconciously sabatoging yourself. This is something I worry about doing to myself. After all, losing a big chunk of weight will change my life and remove my security blanket of fat. Without my security blanket I'll have no excuse left for avoiding situations or activities. Often change is scary so we often resist it. Yes, even when we really, really want the change.

Anyway, here is my food for yesterday. Will post today's (Saturday) food later.

Friday, June 17, 2005
Breakfast: 1 Kashi GoLean Peanut butter and Chocolate bar
Lunch: 1 Double cheeseburger, 20 french fries, 1 98% fat free fudge bar
Dinner: 1 supreme personal pizza, 2 cups romain lettuce topped with 1/3 cup fat free cheese, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, 3 tablespoons calorie free ranch dressing, 1 tablespoon low-fat french dressing, 1 tsp flax seed oil
Snacks: Kashi 7 grain granola bar, 1/3 of a banana (last banana had to share with my kids-LOL), 1/2 cup green grapes, 1 low-fat chocolate pudding cup

Exercise: 8 Minute Moves, 1 1/2 hour swimming/playing in the water with my kids

CassandraA 06-18-2005 03:11 PM

Not a very good day, but I still managed to come in under my calorie/fat limits

6/17
Morning
-Nothing
Afternoon
-2 Servings Junior Mints
Night
-TV Dinner
Late
-Taco Time Super Soft Taco, Ice Cream Sandwich
-10 Cherries, 1 RF String Cheese
-Ice Cream Sandwich
Total: 1682 Calories, 55g Fat

Liquids: 3ltrs Water
Exercise: 20min Strength Training

cecilyisworking 06-18-2005 09:58 PM

Hi, here's me for today:

Breakfast: FF Cottage cheese, nectarine
Lunch: 1 oz honey whole wheat pretzels, 6 oz. carrots, yogurt
Dinner: tuna sandwich on WW pita, 1.5 cups broccoli w/ 1 tsp. butter
Snack: 1 serving frosted mini-wheats, skim milk

Exercise: 40 minute walk (p.s. I walked into THE THICKEST spider web ever woven. AARGH! I hate spiders!!! I am still pulling strands of it out of my hair and I keep feeling phantom spiders crawling on me. GAAAAAHHH!)
Water: Iced tea, 4 cups of water (and diet coke)

BarbaraAnn 06-19-2005 06:42 AM

Stayed on track with eating yesterday & lots of water:

B: 1 c cheerios, 1 medium banana, 1/2 c skim milk, 5 pts.

Snack: red pepper strips, LCL cheese wedge, 1 pt.

Lunch: Sun-dried tomatoe wrap, lean ham, smoked turkey, FF cheddar, tomatoe, RF ranch, 9 pts. WW mint patty, 1 pt.

Snack: 6 dried apricots, 2 points

Dinner: Applebees WW Shrimp skewer, 5 pts & WW Chocolate Raspberry cake, 4 pts.

Snack: Bag of Smart Pop Popcorn, 4 pts.

Total= 31 pts.

Exercise: Weight equipment, 30 minutes various exercises & some major spring cleaning as well.

DishyFishy 06-19-2005 10:30 AM

Sat 18/06:

Breakfast: Banana shake made with Balkan style yogurt. Yummy! :T But it's about 6% fat! :eek:
Lunch: 2 thin slices ham, 58 g whole wheat bread, green salald, 1 tblsp. FF Thousand Island dressing.
Dinner: 3 oz chicken breast, 2 oz whole wheat couscous, 1 cup peas.
Snacks: French onion cup-a-soup, 8 Wheatine crackers, LF granola bar, large piece of fruit pie.
Drinks: 1½ litres coffee, 2 litres water, 500 ml Cabernet Sauvignon, 500 ml water with lemon juice.

Total kcals: 1499 plus whatever the pie was. :mad:

Exercise: None.

synger 06-19-2005 11:07 AM

Saturday:

Breakfast:
2 sauteed eggs
2 slices whole wheat toast w/butter
coffee w/milk

Snack:
2 cups skim milk

Lunch/snack:
apple with 1 tbl caramel sauce for dipping
carrots with fat free veggie dip

early evening:
cottage cheese

late dinner:
grilled hamburger
grilled summer squash
big green salad with lots of raw veggies and fat free dressing
one can Coke

calories:

exercise:
half an hour in the pool

CassandraA 06-19-2005 01:01 PM

6/18
Morning
-Nothing
Afternoon
-Lean Pocket, RF String Cheese
-1 Whole Hard-Boiled Egg, 1 Egg White
Night
-12 Junior Mints, 30 RF Cheez-it's
-Lean Pocket, Ice Cream Sandwich
Late
-RF String Cheese
-Ice Cream Sandwich
Total: 1366 Calories, 42g fat

Liquids: 3ltrs Water
Exercise: 0.5 Miles

cecilyisworking 06-19-2005 09:21 PM

Hi all, Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Here's me today...

Breakfast: egg, whole wheat pita, FF yogurt with fiber
Lunch: 1 cup strawberries, 1 oz honey whole wheat pretzels, 1 serving FF cottage cheese
Dinner: Tuna, 1.5 cups broccoli, 1 tsp butter
Snack: 1 serving frosted mini-wheats, skim milk

Exercise: 45 minute walk (tonight I got dive-bombed by TWO bats and nearly hit the pavement. I didn't know we HAD bats here! Then walked by a woman pushing a baby carriage and said hello only to have the baby start snarling and barking at me. Turns out she was pushing a pug dog in the baby carriage. People are weird.)
Water: 4 cups so far

Jillegal 06-19-2005 09:22 PM

In a hurry here...

4 - "milkshake" *
Lunch
8 - "picnic" **
Dinner
8 - Swiss Chalet Santa Fe Salad ***
Snacks
2 - Tim Horton's coffee with cream
1 - fat free, sugar free blueberry yogurt
23 total (one point over target)

* fat free sugar free strawberry yogurt, small banana, skim milk and ice cubes whipped in blender

** watermelon, canteloupe and honeydew melon slices, fresh strawberries, sandwich of 2 slices Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread, extra lean ham and mustard, green/red/yellow pepper slices dipped in fat free ranch dressing, tomato slices with 1/4c cottage cheese

*** Grilled chicken breast (boneless, skinless), large salad of mixed greens, diced cucumbers, tomatoes and onions, balsamic vinaigrette and garlic flatbread triangle

Beverages: 1 large mug of tea, 1 ltr. lime-flavoured mineral water, 3 large glasses of diet grapefruit (President's Choice)

Exercise: Usual 20 min. walk with pup this morning and long, long, long walk with G, kidlets and pup along the shores of Lake Ontario in beautiful Cobourg, Ontario this afternoon. Will take the pup out for her nightly walk as soon as I finishing posting!

taekwondomom 06-19-2005 09:51 PM

Sunday, June 19, 2005
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Breakfast: 1 Kashi GoLean Oatmeal Raisin Bar

Lunch: 1 Kashi GoLean Chocolate-Peanutbutter Bar

Dinner: 1 Large grilled boneless skinless chicken breast, 1/2 cup broccoli slaw, 1/2 cup raw carrots, 2 oz baked cheese flavored tortilla chips, 2 'smores (made with real roasted marshmallows!) 5 roasted marshmallows

Snacks: 98% Fat-Free Fudge Bar

Beverages: 60 oz water, 20 oz peach sparkling water, 18 oz "Fuze Banana Colada", 8 oz choc soymilk

Exercise: Day off from exercise.

DishyFishy 06-19-2005 11:55 PM

Happy New Avatar, Laura. :)

Today was much better than my last two. I even managed to practise some damage limitation by keeping my kcals down. :)

Sun 19/06:

Breakfast: 7 thin slices ham, 1 Cinnamon Toast Eggo.
Lunch: 5 thin slices ham, 8 Wheatine crackers, naked coleslaw.
Dinner: 6½ oz salmon fillet, 2 oz whole wheat couscous, 1 cup peas.
Snacks: Ice lolly, 6 oz banana blended with ½ cup 0% milk.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 2 litres water, 355 ml tin diet pop, 1 litre water with lime juice.

Total kcals: 1017.

Exercise: 2.34 miles.