Howdy! I'm new again ...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well - Here I am. 5'7" tall. 36 years old. And 308.0 pounds. Zoiks. What have I done to myself?!?!

I've been here before - a couple of years ago. But I'm just so sick of being fat. So I'm working on kicking my bad food habits to the curb so I can start eating healthier.

I don't even have an ultimate goal weight in mind since I have to loose 100 pounds just to be considered fat. Right now I just want to concentrate on making changes and feeling better about those changes.

But I don't know a single person in my real life who struggles with significant weight issues so I often feel very isolated and alone in all of this. Which is where, I hope, this board will come into play!

So there I am ... in a nutshell ... a big nutshell ... but a nutshell none the less!
  • Welcome to the club! Enjoy the company of 'real' people!
  • Welcome Carole!

I can honestly say that I really don't think you could have found a better place for support, or a more wonderful group of friends

I've only been here for around six weeks and the motivation and support is just amazing, not to mention the fact that the people here are so inspiring and ...succeeding! There's nothing like joining a group who really means it this time!

You really can fall in love in six weeks....I'm in love with all of you here REALLY!

Welcome again, make yourself at home!

xox
    Linda
  • Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Feel free to jump right in anywhere. Our June Points Challenge just started if you want to be accountable for the whole month. Good luck!
  • Welcome!!! Isn't it nice to have support from people dealing with the same issues you are? Makes a big difference. GL!
  • hi there! good luck
  • Welcome and jump right in. Look forward to getting to know you.
  • Welcome!
    I loved what you said about needing to lose 100 pounds just to be considered "fat". Ain't it the truth! I weigh three hundred pounds (on the nose, just got back from a WW meeting) and I thought something along those very same lines tonight! Ah well....at least we've kept our sense of humor. I am new here too, but it seems like a GREAT place, and I have gotten a lot of hope, inspiration and motivation from these boards and the journals.
  • Welcome to the club. Has anyone told you about the initiation?
  • Quote: Welcome to the club. Has anyone told you about the initiation?
    Not yet ... Just hoping I don't have to eat any bugs!
  • Hiya and welcome to our family! Nope the initiation is you have to eat fruits and veggies not bugs, they are too many calories Please stop by often and join all of us on our journeys.
  • Quote: Hiya and welcome to our family! Nope the initiation is you have to eat fruits and veggies not bugs, they are too many calories Please stop by often and join all of us on our journeys.
    That I can do! Thanks for the welcome, everyone!
  • Quote:
    Nope the initiation is you have to eat fruits and veggies not bugs, they are too many calories
    Actually, bugs are fairly high in protein, low in carbs, and usually fairly low in fat. There is a movement, small but growing, to revive interest in Entomophagy (the eating of insects) in the "industrialized" nations. Insects have been a stape food for millenia, and are MUCH less labor, land, and water-intensive to raise than cattle.

Nutritional value for various insects

An article

A page with some very interesting links...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled morning reading...
  • Uh ... thanks synger... ewwwwwwww
  • Hi there! I don't post as often as I'd like to,but I do come here alot to read the posts.They are very inspiring and have helped me stay on plan even when I didn't want to.I've even noticed that I avoid coming here when I'm not as on plan as I should be ....so and stick around.