music thread

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • its been ages since we had one of these. top 3 songs feelgood motivating and personal favl

best feel good song is brown eyed girl by van morrison

motivating disease by matchbox 20 dunno why just makes me get up and get energetic usually to batter a punch bag thinking about the broken heart

personal fav song has to be mmmm sultans of swing dire straights
  • Hmm that is a tough one...

1. Limp Bizkit "Break Stuff"
    2. The Outfield "Your Love"
    3. Avril "Sk8ter Boi"

lol I know interesting combination... but those are the ones on the top of my head.

Amanda

Although a CD I can work out all the way through is Def Leppard Vault.
  • I have all kinds of music on my work out music list that get me pumped, ussually its really fast stuff. and when I'm out and about if I hear a song that is a work out song, I just want to start busting out some aerobics. Its kind of funny if I'm in the club or something.
    Anyway, I have been listening to a lot of dancehall lately, Gwenn Stefani's album, and old 80's hip hop.
    Not really 3 songs or anything but its my work out music.
  • Hard to say....my life revolves around music:

Feel Good:Sunrise by Norah Jones

Motivating: New Orleans is sinking by Tragically Hip

Personal Favorite. ( i cannot go with only one): Youngstown by Bruce Springsteen and In your eyes by Peter Gabriel.
  • Are You Gonna Be My Girl? - Jet
    LaLa - Ashlee Simpson
    I'm Like A Bird - Nelly Furtado
  • I'll have to think about it-all I can say is that I feel OLD reading all these groups I don't know about, and I'm only 36!

Sherry
  • feelgood- it's a tie between steve winwood's "higher love"- very cheesy but hey, it's feelgood, right?.. and inxs "need you tonight"
    motivating- pat benetar's "hit me with your best shot"
    personal fav-counting crows "anna begins"
  • Feel good: "Keep On Shining" by my favorite female singer Natalie Grant

Motivating: "Shackles" by MaryMary..when this song comes on, I usually forget about my workout and start dancing. *LOL*

Personal fave: "The Real Me" by Natalie Grant
  • Songs
    Feel Good: "Call Me Al" by Paul Simon

Motivating: "Beast of Burden" Rolling Stones

Personal Fave: "Light My Fire" The Doors

Can you tell that I'm an old hippie?
  • The holy Trinity of SPF music:

No Doubt (all 5 cd's)
    Sugar Ray (first 3 CD's)
    The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (any & all)
  • feel good song
    Come Away with Me by Norah Jones. It reminds me of summer at my grandmas catching filre flys. Not sure why but it does.

motivating
    Luv Is A Verb by DC Talk.

personal fav
    The Heart of Rock & Roll by Huey Lewis and the News
  • Ooh... difficult question.

Feel Good: Meet Me On the Corner by Lindisfarne
    Motivating: Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac
    Fave: Bird On the Wire by Leonard Cohen. (This has been my number one since I was a teenager--long before I knew he was Canadian!)
  • I found a new sound that is great to work out to (if you dont mind swearing and rap) "Fight Music" by Eminem. My brother made me a CD of different songs and it was on there.. bit surprised I liked it.. but it has a great beat to move on the treadmill.

Amanda
  • I hate these, because my favourites change all the time

Feel good - strangely it's Stop Crying Your Heart Our by Oasis, the words are really comforting and it's got me through many a crisis. And Caught in a Moment by U2 which is also good in a crisis.

Motivating - My favourite at the moment is "I like the Way You Move" by Bodyrockers

All time favourite - very hard to pick this, but possibly Famous Blue Raincoat by Leonard Cohen
  • I love far too much music in far too many varieties to settle on 3 (or even 300). I guess the only music I can't tolerate is country , that damn Crazy Frog Axel F "song" or the annoying chipmunk singing "I'm so lonely"