Non-scale Victories for June

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Okay, so mine is slightly a scale victory...

A woman that I work with and I started losing at about the time. She had 'the surgery' 2 months ago. Well we were compairing losses and she's lost a total of 52 pounds (including since her surgery) and I've lost 57!

Ha! So I'm better than the surgery! (so far anyway)!!! Yeah, I'm a little jealous that her's will be a quicker route, but I'll stay healthier in the long run.
  • I wore a skirt on a warm sunny day in Greece. I walked up and down hills and round town. I didn't even have a tiny bit of rubbing redness on my inner thighs. That hasn't happened since I was about 12.

I was so happy I nearly cried
  • Good victories! Sara, that's cool...I know Howie's always so pleased to be able to reply to the "oh, did you have the surgery?!" question with, "no, I did it on my own". Good feeling, especially when you've lost 200+ pounds, I bet.

YP1, I can imagine your joy. Your post brought back baaad memories of band camp, big thighs, polyester shorts, and 100° humid summer weather. That. Was. Torture.
  • Wow Great Going Sara!!!!! Excellent Job!

YP1.. I know what you mean.. and unfortunately for another 50lbs I'm sure I will continue to know what you mean

Great Job to both of you!

My mini NS victory is 120 oz water yesterday and so far 80 oz water today.. and I LOATHE water! lol

Amanda
  • This is a big one...

Let's call it "The liquid bleach incident"

Tonight, while sorting my clothes before i place them in the washing machine, i accidentally spilled some liquid bleach on my jeans. Since they now have a big white spot on them, i went to the retail store to get new ones....

First little surprise: i now wear 38' size pants but tried some 36' whell, they are tight, but i can attach them....see you in 3 months 36' size jeans.

And then came the BIG surprise. While i was at the store, i looked around for summer shirts, as my wardrobe is kind of empty in terms of summer clothes....i found this nice shirt...i tried the X-Large one and i was litteraly floated in it....No!!!!! this can't be....!!!!! i tried the same shirt but in large size and it fit perfect

I cannot remeber thel;ast time i was able to wear large size shirts, but it was probably in my early teens....A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away
  • Sara, that is wonderful! Congratulations on your incredible loss!

YP1, I know exactly what you mean. How great you must have felt--both physically and emotionally!

Amanda, getting the water in is truly a great victory. Keep it up!

Frenchiepolarbear, how great is that! I bet you were totally psyched. When do we get to see photos?

Today when I went to water aerobics, I picked the L-sized float belt as usual, and realized how much strap there was to tuck in. I thought to myself, maybe I should try the M size. I've been avoiding doing that because I didn't want to embarass myself when it didn't fit. Well, it fit just fine so it's M for me from now on.
  • WTG on the NSVs.
  • Two, count 'em TWO people told me I was losing weight yesterday!!!!!!

Can you teel the difference faster on someone who is short or something?? I'm 5'0
    and I've only lost thirteen pounds...so I was really shocked and INCREDIBLY pleased to hear that!

I also fit into a pair of size 16 dress pants that I couldn't before! But..a size 16 from a plus sized store is a lot bigger than a regular 16 I think, 'cause the 16 jeans I have won't fit for sure!!

Plus, 8.5 inches overall!

These are my first NSV'S since I joined....YAY!

xoxo
    Linda
  • Everyone's doing so well!! I'm really proud of you guys. I always love this thread.
  • I have another one. Yesterday I ran 5k quicker than I ever have before (33 minutes). But that wasn't the best bit. I didn't stop. I carried on running! I made it to 7k before stopping and cooling down for another 500m. I jogged the last two slower, but it definitely wasn't a walk. I'm now feeling more confident that I can make it to 10k before the charity run I've got pencilled in for November.
  • Wow, YP! That's impressive! I want to be YOU when I grow up!!

Mine is small, but I was pleased neverthertheless-- I added 5 extra minutes to my elliptical time today! I almost fell getting off because my legs were like noodles, but I would have been a happy heap on the floor...
  • Dang, that's a long way -- wow! Cecily, I've never used an eliptical yet. Call me chicken, LOL. I need to ask someone at the YMCA to show me how to use it and where to set everything.

We worked out in the yard yesterday and I marveled at how I was sore today, but not devestated like I once would have been. My feet don't hurt terribly from walking now, either. It's amazing how a body can recover from years of abuse. I can't imagine carrying those 56 pounds I've lost for 20 feet, let alone all day long now.
  • Last night we ordered pizza for dinner....a common, once-a-week occurrence. However, as I was ordering it, I realized I wasn't actually in the mood for pizza but rather their grilled chicken salad with my own Newman's Lt. balsamic dressing sounded better.

In 43 years, that was the first time a pizza & I had been in the same room without me diving in and I was more than o.k. with it! I even helped serve it throughout the meal and wasn't even tempted. Shocked the out of my DH and sons too!
  • That is NO small feat BarbaraAnn! Pizza is one of my biggest downfalls, too.
    You should be really proud of that one!

Linda
  • Gardenwife-- I'm a total gym-equipment idiot, but the ellipse is really easy, you should try it! You can actually just get on and start pedaling (or churning, or whatever you'd call that motion). I did that for a while until I figured out the gizmos etc. It's super easy on the joints, but I swear it kicks your keester. I could walk on a treadmill for over an hour, but when I first got on the ellipse I was gasping after 5 minutes. It's fun though (did I just say that?)!

On another non-NSV note, I went to a birthday party for my dad today, made an Amaretto Mousse Pie (didn't lick the beaters) and didn't have any! I was very proud of myself. I believe in the idea that you shouldn't deny yourself anything in small quantities, but it's not my favorite dessert (it's his) so I figured it wasn't worth the calories... Yay!

Kudos on the pizza-conquering, Barbara Ann! That's downright heroic in my book!