1440 minutes

• I was driving home last night (I get in some of my best thinking when I have longer trips) and it hit me that I've been struggling to even get in 10 measly minutes a day of any exercise. That's it. I don't expect nothing more at this point and I'll accept nothing less. Then it hit me. There are 1440 minutes in a day. 10 out of 1440 sure doesn't seem like much at all when you break it down like that. Now I'm going to commit myself to 10 minutes every day. Once I can faitfully get in my 10 minutes a day, I'll shoot for 15. At 15 minutes that still leaves me with 1425 minutes a day for the rest of my life stuff.
  • That's a great way of looking at it Dawnyal. You can do it and those 10 minutes are going to do wonders for you whole attitude. I know when I exercise it makes me want to stay on plan even more.
  • Exercise and increased activity are really the keys to healthy weight loss. And the more of it you do, the more you will find you can do.
  • That's how I started, and look at me now!!! Going to the gym 4 - 6 days a week, swimming, walking, doing all sorts of stuff. It gets addictive once your body gets over the "ugh" stage!!!
  • Ok, I give. I have been putting off the exercise and just saying over and over "I really need to start exercising".

But Dawnyal, you make such a good point. Life here is crazy and on most days I don't have time to exercise after work. So this week I am going to try and get up 30 min early (4:30 am) and do my walk away the pounds tape. Then Because KyKaree said in another thread how much of a difference her weight training was making I will see where I can fit in some trips to the gym. It's crazy because I have a membership to the YMCA and I LOVE working out..when I am in the habit.

Here is to an active week!