3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (5/09 to 5/15) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/57658-weekly-journal-buddy-thread-5-09-5-15-a.html)

willowgirl 05-10-2005 05:50 PM

So far so good today. I actually plan on getting some exercise when I get home. I have a 7 year old girl at home who is nagging me to death to exercise (she likes to do it with me), but that's a good thing!

5/10/05

23 of 26 pts used

Morning: 4pts
1.5 - 1/2 cup 2% reduced fat milk
2.5 - 1 cup Kashi Go Lean Go Lean Cereal

Lunch: 10pts
2 - serving Grilled Chicken Fillet - WENDY'S
1 - 2 Tbsp fat-free ranch salad dressing
7 - Healthy Choice Sweet & Sour Chicken

Planned Dinner: 7pts
4 - Grilled Chicken w/Savory Summer Veggies
3 - BBQ Scalloped Potatoes

Snack: 2pts
6 oz Yoplait Light Lemon Cream Pie Yogurt

Water: apprx 2 liters
Exercise: planned 15 min walking and 15 min doing aerobics/weights with my PS2 fitness thing

missaprylj 05-10-2005 07:06 PM

Good luck tonight, Sandi!!

~Apryl's Eats on 5/10~

Kashi and milk

Triscuits and cheese
yogurt
popcorn

turkey sub w/ FF italian dressing
chocolate bar
1 orange

Total: 1499 :)

Jillegal 05-10-2005 11:29 PM

5/10/05
1 - 1/4c Kashi Go Lean cereal, sprinkled over
2 - 1/2c 1% cottage cheese, mixed with
2 - DelMonte peaches/pears/cherries mix (drained and rinsed)

1 - Asto fat free sugar free yogurt

4 - Vegetarian chili
4 - whole wheat bun (dipped in chili)

1 - 1c grapes

0 - Mixed greens tossed with
3 - 1 cup steamed crabmeat and
1 - Lite lemon and herb dressing
0 - thickly sliced beefsteak tomato, sprinkled with
1 - Lite parmesan cheese

2 - medium banana
22 points

Beverages: 2 500ml bottles water, 2 cans soda water, 2 small bottles Perrier water, 1 large mug of tea

Exercise: 20min walk with dog in each of a.m. and p.m., 1-1/2hr. league badminton (short rest periods between matches) :D

BethC 05-11-2005 08:18 AM

Thanks Jill, I'm ok today. I tried on the dress last night and while it doesn't look as good on me as it did last Friday, (now my stomach is sticking out), I may be able to pull it off. I do have a back-up, less revealing dress, just in case. I'm not sure why this is such a big deal. Anyway, I was ok yesterday, and I'm feeling more calm.

Have a good day everyone, I'll post my foods later.

Sandi 05-11-2005 08:50 AM

well...yesterday started out really well and I had such good intentions walking into Bunko. But when it was time to fill my plate, all common sense just left my head!! No excuses...here is what I ate. I am moving on.

5/10/05
1 - WW English Muffin
1 - 1 Tbsp Whipped Light Butter
2 - 3 slice bacon (precooked ones)
1 - 1/2 cup egg beaters
7 - pulled pork sandwich
See how well I was doing. I even left 20 points for Bunko
Italian Beef sandwich (Large roll) with Mozzarella cheese
Potato chips with dip
a dozen combos eaten while playing
large carmel brownie
small slice cherry cheesecake
:rollpin:

jillybean720 05-11-2005 09:41 AM

Sandi--at least you're back on top of things and didn't let it get you down. You also could have done a lot worse, so at least you managed to minimize the damage (would you have stopped at just what you ate if the same situation happened a year ago? or would you have had a BIG slice of cheesecake and a whole bag of Combos?!). I love that you're not too upset and that you know today is a clean slate. You'll be fine!

As for me, I have packed for today:
Breakfast: Honey Bunches of Oats with skim milk
Snacks: banana
Chex Mix
fruit salad
Lunch: whole wheat hamburger roll with skinless roasted chicken, 1 slice American cheese, and 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
Snack: fat-free, no sugar added strawberry yogurt
Dinner: stir-fry
Snack: apple

howie6267 05-11-2005 11:39 AM

I argree with Jill. It could have been a lot worse and your back at it today so keep up the good work Sandi.

Yesterday was eating out all day. Did pretty good on choices but had Ice cream that put me over. I kind of figured since I was 470 calories under the day before it would not hurt to be a little over. I'm guessing at my lunch calories. Kimberley and I shared an order of fajitas and had the basket of chips they brought us. Chips where no more than a grab bag of doritos so that is what I counted them as. I can't beleave we used to order 2 of those meals plus would eat 3 basket of chips. We were both full on one meal. Size control really is out of control in this country. No one needs that much food. Sure makes for cheap dinners though. Being on the business trip the company pays for my meals so if we share we both eat for free.

Egg Mcmuffin
2 fajitas w/beef,chicken, shrip, peppers, onion, tomatos
Chips and salsa
Subway Turkey sub
Ice Cream w/pretzels

PeachGirl 05-11-2005 11:43 AM

Sandi - you could have done much worse. Remember this isn't a diet it's a life style change and every now and then you probably will slip a little and go back to eatting some things that aren't too good for you. But nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. You're doing good and we're all cheering for you.

My Food Today -
Breakfast - Graham Crackers w/ Milk
Snack - 5 slices of apples and 2 small cubes of cheese
Lunch - Egg Salad Sandwich
Dinner - Planned - Beef Stroganoff.

Jillegal 05-11-2005 12:19 PM

Everyone's being so kind and forgiving, Sandi, so I'LL give you the tough love (and you'd better give it to me when its MY turn)! :devil:

I'm glad you're :rollpin: at yourself! Sure, the damage would probably have been worse in the "bad old days", but don't compare now to then, you don't eat like that anymore! You know darn well you could have used that 20 points and had a fair bit of satisfying food! And you're right, there was no excuse - special occasions that have to be fit into our new lifestyle are one thing, but Bunko is every frigging month. I hope you'll remember how pissed off at yourself you were next time Bunko rolls around, cuz I'm sure you'll have forgotten how that brownie, cheesecake, chips and whatever other crap you ate tasted! So there! :s:

:coach: Now back to work and start stringing those "days on plan" together again! Luv ya to bits! :D

Sandi 05-11-2005 12:43 PM

I'm not sure why I went off plan. I think it was becuase I was allowing myself some of the food and then when I started I didn't stop.

A big problem for me all along has been my on or off mentality. Normally, today would have been an off day - just because last night I wasn't in control and it would have snowballed. I have been struggling today but have forced myself to be on plan. Nights like last night do more damage than to pack on the lbs for me - they really risk getting off track for me. It's kinda scary.

famograham 05-11-2005 12:49 PM

All we have to do is get through today Sandi. I KNOW what you mean, and it's so hard not to let it carry on to the next day. That said...once you DO make it through today..you'll feel much better about yourself and tomorrow will be much easier ;)

PM me if you need to, I'm here right now! :)

xoxo
Linda

PS What's Bunko??

howie6267 05-11-2005 01:08 PM

That is why I decided to give up the fast food cheeseburgers Sandi. Every time I would have one I wanted more and more and it would last all week. It is scary and we need to watch times like that. I was never one for depriving myself but I'm finding that maybe that is why I failed before. Because I would not quit the foods that triggered my eating. I really don't miss cheeseburgers at all where before I would have said I'm not giving up something I love so much. Come to find out it seems to be more of an addiction and all though we can not quit eating we can quit eating some of the things that really trigger our free for alls. So if not eating cheeseburgers keeps me on plan then so be it. I'm finding there are lot tastier foods to replace them with. I'm also really surprised that my other favorite food pizza does not trigger that reaction. So it still does not mean you have to give up everything but maybe just a few things.

Jillegal 05-11-2005 01:43 PM

Don't worry, Linda, Sandi's okay - we've been busy private messaging each other and she knows exactly why I'm the "Board B*tch". I'm very familiar with the "snowball" effect and how one bad night can string into several and then you just give up in disgust. I know, in fact, that Sandi and I have a history of doing exactly that. BUT, I'm relieved to hear she's nipped it in the bud and is staying strong today! :smug:

And yes, I was told once but have forgotten what Bunko is (another one of those American pasttimes, eh? ;) )

famograham 05-11-2005 02:34 PM

LOL Jill!!
I'm glad to hear it;)

I'm incredibly fond of your board b#$%*iness and hope that you will offer it to me too when I need it!

Hmmm..the Bunko mystery deepens......

Linda :)

howie6267 05-11-2005 02:47 PM

I'm not doing anything to incur the wrath of the "Board B*tch" be afraid be very afraid. LOL Although I just did last Friday and excaped the wrath. Must have been lucky I guess. LOL