3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Help me pick a name..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/57341-help-me-pick-name.html)

tolose85 05-03-2005 01:22 PM

Help me pick a name.....

Sandi 05-03-2005 01:26 PM

I seem to like the name Matt Strouphar. It seems to work.

So nice to hear from you. Glad your doing well.

Feel free to post WHATEVER you want on this board! It's your home!!!

tolose85 05-03-2005 01:30 PM

Thanks Sandi... I miss it here. I want to lose weight, but I can't!!! UGH! I've put on about 40 pounds already and I am just a little over 1/2 way there. The baby is growing nicely and we are just two extrememly estatic soon to be parents. I am so happy. I'll be sure to let you all know what the results are tomorrow... boy or girl!!

Sheila53 05-03-2005 01:44 PM

Well, Michael is one of my favorite names so I voted for that.

Gretchen, please know that, at least IMHO, you can come here any time and talk about anything. We miss you! Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes.

Inca's Momma 05-03-2005 01:52 PM

I chose Michael Allen because it just rolled off my tongue with your last name :D

Jillegal 05-03-2005 01:54 PM

Hey Gretchen! Don't be such a stranger! I know you girls have your own little club going on but that doesn't mean you have to desert us! :rollpin:

I'm another vote for Matthew. Its always been one of my favourite boy names and I think it "flows" just fine. Also, its one of those names that, when shortened, sounds just as good. Yep, Matt - good, strong name. I like it. :D

P.S. - I really like your "girl" names, too.

SuchAPrettyFace 05-03-2005 01:59 PM

Call me the oddball, I like Matthew Gabriel the best, but it's not there to vote for. :p

I'm glad you have your own board to talk about your own issues, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't post here, too. We've missed you & even if you're gaining, you can still post here, we are pretty lenient about that I think. ;)

Just please don't be one of those who has her baby & then disappears from the face of the earth. THAT GOES FOR ALL OF YOU PREGGO'S!!! :drill:

tolose85 05-03-2005 02:03 PM

BELIEVE YOU ME.... I will be back and with a vengence after this babe of mine is born. I've already got my plan of attack in place. AS SOON AS that MD give me the clearance, I'm BACK in the gym and BACK to my old eating patterns. For those of you who may think that the baby doesn't rule your appetite and what you eat, it did for me!! GEESH!

SwimGirl 05-03-2005 02:17 PM

I voted for Carson James, mostly because you can't really shorten Carson. I get that from my mom.. when naming me she really thought about how she didn't want people to shorten my name, and thats partly how my name came to be.

In my opinion there is a point where it doesn't become JUST about weight loss, so I don't see why you being pregnant is an issue. People form bonds, and want to stay in contact.. those friendships really keep you motivated to come back, and in a good environment. I miss seeing your posts!

-Aimee

3fcuser1058250 05-03-2005 02:19 PM

I chose Carson Gabriel because for the main reason that it's vert different and I like a name that when you talk about him you know exactly which kid you're talking about. You're right Gabriel can be shortened to Gabe, I don't like to shorten names... I didn't choose Matthew or Micheal because they are toooooo common, sure they are strong names but just common... I work in a school and the most common name are Matthew, Justin, Patrick and Phillip. At one point there were 12 Justins in our school, I'll check tomorrow how many Matthews there are, just for the fun of it... Just my 2 cents...since you did want an oppinion...:D...

Ivanna B. Skinny 05-03-2005 02:24 PM

Gretchen... WE MISS YOU!!
I voted for Carson Gabriel....LOVE that name! I cant wait till your back on here for good!! PS...Love your girl names too!

barbygirl43 05-03-2005 02:42 PM

I like Carson James.

I guess I missed the post about not talking about pregnancies. I for one enjoy to hear about y'alls pregnancies. There's no telling when if ever we will have another one (we really need a new home before we add any more to our family) and I enjoy hearing about y'alls.

If you don't feel comfortable posting just post your stuff on the yadda yadda posts. :D

dragonwoman64 05-03-2005 03:29 PM

You're good with the names, Gretchen! I picked Carson James. It has a nice ring to it especially with your last name.

SwimGirl 05-03-2005 03:36 PM

Marge - er, American Aimee, or Canadian Marge? heh. We picked the same name... just had to point that out..

Dawnyal - I too missed the posts about not wanting to hear about pregnancies..

-Aimee

famograham 05-03-2005 04:26 PM

Gretchen..
I for one want to hear all about it..
I'm so jealous :^: My hubby says he's done, but I could happily do one more, maybe even two :o

Just because one person is not interested doesn't mean everyone else isn't as concerned and interested as can be!!! That's what the block feature is for :lol:

This of course is coming from someone who hopes someday to be a nurse, doctor, or midwife... ;)

You are obviously loved here!
Best of luck with the baby, and I look forward to getting to know you :)

(((Hugs)))
Linda

missaprylj 05-03-2005 05:14 PM

Thanks for asking our opinions! I think Carson James sounds the best, too.

If you don't want Gabriel called Gabe, make sure you're prepared for Matthew to be called Matt and Michael to be called Mike.

SuchAPrettyFace 05-03-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by famograham
Just because one person is not interested doesn't mean everyone else isn't as concerned and interested as can be!!! That's what the block feature is for :lol:

:rofl: It's not like they got kicked off the board!!! Suzanne, Jennifer & Amy created a new forum just for them! We had 4 pregnant chicks here at the time, and they saw fit to make them & all the other mommies-to-be their own forum. I don't think they were ever told, "Hey, you! Don't post here anymore!" :lol: We are pretty inclusive, but I will admit, I have nothing to add about morning sickness or breastfeeding.

So be careful about drinking the water here @ 100# Club, or you may end up with one of these! -----------> :bb: ;) :lol:

howie6267 05-03-2005 09:42 PM

Carson James. It just sounds nice. And talk about the baby all you want Gretchen. This is a great time in your life and I for one enjoy sharing in it. We miss you around here.

jkfla 05-03-2005 11:59 PM

i also picked carson james... i think its the cutest sounding. and i've just always like the name carson.

Charbar 05-04-2005 06:29 AM

Hey Gretchen! You are at a great time in your pregnancy right now! You are feeling pretty good and you are going to get to see a picture of the babe - that is a great motivator.
I remember the post about someone complaining - it was a while back. C'est la Vie!
I picked Michael Allen. It flowed :) Personally I didn't pick Carson b/c of that Carson Daily guy - don't like him.

So have you started on the nursery yet? All the best sweetie!!

Love ya!
Dana

hautbois 05-04-2005 10:59 AM

I like both Carson James and Carson Gabriel, but between the two, I went with Carson James. Sounds good with your last name.

dragonwoman64 05-04-2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwimGirl
Marge - er, American Aimee, or Canadian Marge? heh. We picked the same name... just had to point that out.. -Aimee

heh heh, great minds....! or could it be that cross-continental psychic connection between twins??

tolose85 05-04-2005 01:35 PM

Wow thank you all for the votes! It really did help. We've decided on Carson james-- for now anyway!! Only 5 hours until the ultrasound... I CANNOT WAIT!

I'll keep you all posted!

Sheila53 05-04-2005 02:42 PM

Although I voted for Michael, I like the name Carson James because you can shorten it to C.J. :D

Now you just gotta find out if that little peanut is a boy or a girl.

SuchAPrettyFace 05-04-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charbar
I remember the post about someone complaining - it was a while back. C'est la Vie!

That person prolly doesn't even post here anymore. :dz:

Can't wait to hear if it's boy or girl!!!

djs06 05-04-2005 03:02 PM

Miss you around here, Gretchen! Please let us know how you're doing! I voted for carson gabriel.. so gabriel can be part of his name but it doesn't really have the chance of being shortened. plus, i think it sounds great with the last name. i can't wait to hear the news after the ultrasound!

tolose85 05-04-2005 03:02 PM

Oh... I like the CJ thing... Cool.. Thanks Shelia!~

ingrid 05-04-2005 05:32 PM

I like Matthew Allen. To me Carson reminds me of the creepy MTV guy. ICK! Isn't it funny how names can evoke certain images. Ah, so subjective!

Pick what your gut tells you. No pun intended!

SuchAPrettyFace 05-04-2005 05:37 PM

Right now Gretchen & Mr Gretchen are looking at the screen!!! I have to leave soon to make dinner for mom, so I won't find out til later!!! :(

MinuetInC 05-04-2005 05:39 PM

I picked Carson James because I think it has the best flow when you say it, also the intitials are nicer. CJ sounds nice. It was really close with Matthew Allen, they're both lovely names. I love the name Gabriel, I knew someone with that name and it drove him nuts that people mispronounced and misspelled it, the number of times he was called Gabriella was kind of funny.

I'm so excited for you!!! Good luck deciding on a name, DH and I decided on Valentine Edward, baby came out and we decided the name didn't fit him. :dizzy: Ended up spending my two days off in the hospital choosing a new name. Now we have a little Noah Harrison, and it fits him perfectly.

People who don't care about pregnancy dieting stop reading here!
tolose: Don't worry about baby weight so much, if you can follow your diet while nursing it comes off easily. If you're not nursing, remember your blood volume doubles while preggers. I gained 40 lbs in my first four months, stayed the same the next two, and lost 10 the last three, lost 18 with the baby and about a week after delivery peed my head off and lost 8 lbs in one day. :lol: I followed the What To Eat When You're Expecting diet, but couldn't control my cravings the first trimester. :o Closer to delivery, with the baby is pressing on your stomach it's really hard to eat any large amount... Natural Gastric Bypass :D Also I was 180 when I got preggers, so it didn't matter that I lost weight the last trimester, baby was still growing and I was following my WTEWYE diet scrupulously... Are you working with your doctor on an eating plan while pregnant? That's what I had to do to keep from completely losing control of myself and still had to go on perscription supplements.

tolose85 05-06-2005 11:26 AM

Wow- thanks for all the responses. In case you haven't heard, We picked Carson James. We have really fallen in love with the name.

Thanks for all your comments and opinions. They mean a lot. And Jill-- the next one.. Matthew! :)

Jillegal 05-06-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tolose85
And Jill-- the next one.. Matthew! :)

Gee...hope its a boy! :p ;)