Old 04-20-2005, 12:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Talking Bones-(apparently, I have them too!)

Ok,.. this is going to sound really odd, but I have bones!!!

Let me explain. I have been big all my life and never really felt my bones easily. So, a few months ago when I started feeling a hipbone while lying on my side, it was really REALLY weird!

The other day while I was watching tv, I found another bone, higher up on my hip (never realized how high up on my body my actual hipbones were,..weird. I wasn't even laying on my side (even more surprising)
Upon further inspection, I can feel hipbones, upper leg bones and the rib bones aren't as hard to get too now.

Yes, I know, this is a very weird thread, but isn't it funny how the smallest things make you happy? Especially considering that I have been slacking or not doing any exercise at all sometimes I think that the main reason I lose (albeit slowly) is because of the low sodium diet. I do not eat anything processed. I even have to make my own bread and pizza dough (store bought tastes salty and yucky to me now) Even if I splurge and eat chinese food one day, I still fall within my sodium most times because the rest of my day is fairly sodium free. I eat alot of fruit though (apples, raisins etc yummy)

Nobody has noticed any weight loss yet (it's going slow) but I can feel those bones and I can drive the car (without worrying about the stuck drivers seat too close to the wheel) and I really think that next time I order pants, it will definitely be a 3x and not a 4x. I like my stuff really baggy (to cover up everything I guess). So, I know that some weight loss must be going on! I keep thinking of the day when suddenly someone will notice and it will be a great great day!
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Look at you heather. That is so great you are finding more of your "bones." It sounds like you are still doing very well. People will start noticing the weight loss before long.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:55 PM   #3  

*nod*

I know they will eventually. I think it just takes a while because people dont pay as much attention to my "fatness" as I think they do,..lol

Now,.. if I could kick my butt into exercising more often, maybe I could lose the weight a little faster:-P
Old 04-20-2005, 02:00 PM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

That is great heather and people will start to notice. They have just recently really noticed it on me. It made a big difference when I got clothes that actually fit. That made people really notice. It was like over night I droped 50 lbs.

I know it is weird to feel your bones. I was feeling my ribs the other night and it's kind of creapy in a way. I'm like wow that feels really weired. Almost like feeling someone elses body. Don't tell Kimberley she will get jealous. LOL
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:08 PM   #5  

I know exactly what you're talking about -- I'm about 15 pounds from goal, and while I'm still big and pear-shaped, I've been able to feel bones in lots of places I never could before. In fact, my upper chest is downright bony! Gotta hit the weights harder and build up some muscle there!
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:33 PM   #6  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Gotta love those bones. I find when I lose weight I tend to see my check bones and collar bones first. I really like that when I can notice them makes me want to do more. It's just getting to that point first I guess.
nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #7  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Isn't it cool?

I remember Howie flexing his hands a while back, checking out his knuckles. There used to be dimples, but now knuckles jutt out when he makes a fist. I'm starting to notice more bones now, too (on me, I mean). LOL
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:48 PM   #8  
Abby's Mommy

Thats fantastic Heather!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:38 PM   #9  

Default Them bones

Hi Heather,
No its not weird. I have lost almost 20 lbs since Jan. 3rd and I just found my collar bone the other day. It is such a good feeling to see an indention where there was nothing but skin there before. I can tell a little bit that I have lost weight on myself, but people that I work with can notice more than me. I think I really need to start to exercise so I can find more bones!! So you keep it up and before you know it everyone will notice you, and it is such a good feeling for someone to come up to you and say those magic words " Your looking great!"
healthysoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 02:24 PM   #10  

Glad I am not alone on this subject.

It is very cool, but like Howie said, it is a bit creepy at the same time. I always knew I had bones in there "somewhere" but I just usually can not get to them so easily,..lol

It is a great feeling though because I cannot deny that I must have lost something. Most of the time I will notice something like "wow, my pants are big today" and then my brain says something like "no, you always have baggy clothes, you are just imagining you lost weight" So, when you find a new bone, you really can't "explain that one away"

Old 04-21-2005, 03:05 PM   #11  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I thought of this thread while watching Discovery Health's "I Lost It!". A lady told about how she saw her doctor after she'd lost a lot of weight, worried that she had a tumor. He said "that is your rib cage". Like she said, "I'd never felt my ribs before!".
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:18 PM   #12  

That's so funny ... I remember feeling a bump on the back of my shoulder a while back and thinking ... "uh oh ..."

Then I realized it was just a bone.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 04:09 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good for you heather!! Keep up the good work!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote