3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   For those struggling (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/56409-those-struggling.html)

Inca's Momma 04-14-2005 02:04 PM

For those struggling

I found this in my old e-mails thought it might help someone.

Climb The Mountain
I tried to climb the mountain today. As I inched my way up the path, I felt out of breath and had to turn back.
I tried to climb the mountain today. But, it was so hot outside, I thought I had better stay in my nice air-conditioned house and rest up for tomorrow's attempt.
I tried to climb the mountain today. On my journey, darkness started to fall and I was full of fear, so I had to return to a safe place.
I was ready to climb the mountain today. But I had so may other things to do, so instead of climbing the mountain I took care of the much more important tasks; I washed my car, mowed the grass and watched the big game. Today the mountain will have to wait.
I was going to climb the mountain today. But as I stared at the mountain in all its majestic beauty, I knew I had no chance of making it to the top, so I figured why even begin trying.
I had forgotten about climbing the mountain today, until an old friend came by and asked what I was up to lately. I told him about all my plans to climb that mountain someday. I went on and on about how I was going to accomplish the task.
He stopped me and said, "I just got back from climbing that mountain. For the longest time I told myself I was going to try to climb it but never made any progress."
"I almost let the dream of making it to the top die. I came up with every excuse of why I could not make it up the mountain, but never once did I give myself a reason why I could. One day as I stared at the mountain and pondered, I realized that if I didn't make an attempt at this dream all my dreams would eventually die."
" The next morning, I started my climb. It was not easy, and at times I wanted to quit. But no matter what I faced, I placed one foot in front of the other, keeping a steady pace. When the wind tried to blow me over the edge, I kept walking. When the voices inside my head screamed, stop! I focused on my goal, never letting it out of sight. I kept moving forward. I could not quit because I knew I had come too far to stop now. Time and time again, I reassured myself that I was going to finish this journey. I struggled mightily to make it to the top, but I CLIMBED THE MOUNTAIN."
"I have to be going," my friend said. "Tomorrow is a new day to accomplish more dreams. By the way what are you going to do tomorrow?"
I looked at him, with intensity and confidence in my eyes, and said, "I HAVE A MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB."

barbygirl43 04-14-2005 02:33 PM

what an inspiration. thanks for sharing.

Sandi 04-14-2005 02:51 PM

Wow! Very cool!

boiaby 04-14-2005 05:33 PM

Wow, doesn't that just say it all. Thank you for posting this Kimberlie!

Beverly

barbygirl43 04-14-2005 05:56 PM

I love your new quote too Kimberlie. That pretty much sums it up. I guess I've just been a half winner for a while :D

artist 04-14-2005 06:18 PM

Thanks, this really struck a chord with me. I am going to stick it on my office wall for inspiration!

SuchAPrettyFace 04-14-2005 07:37 PM

Awesome, Kimberlie, thank you for posting it! :)

Amanda Panda 04-14-2005 07:43 PM

Thanks for that Kimberlie, that was quite inspiring and just what I needed today!

Love Amanda x

WickedMommy 04-14-2005 10:25 PM

Kind of like the road less traveled huh! I loved that and saved it so i can read it again later.