Old 04-08-2005, 03:32 PM   #1  
Jenny

Default We have an angel among us!

Today I received a package in the mail from Sara (treefrogtoes) full of beautiful, name-brand clothing! She passed them down to me now that she's shrunken out of them!! The clothes are in perfect condition and even smell good (how come my clothes never smell that good after I wash them? hahaha)!! I just want you all to know what a thoughtful person Sara is, to go out of her way to package up the box of clothes and send them my way. I ended up with the world's most comfortable pair of jeans. The plus side is that I'm officially a 26 now, as my 28's are falling off my butt right now so all the stuff she sent me fits perfect except for the khakis which will fit in no time

Thanks Sara for making my day. I will do a photoshoot for you all and show off the beautiful clothing later tonight!
thefictionalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #2  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

Wow Jenny! Those got there really fast! I mailed them yesterday at about noon!! I'm so glad they all fit! The striped pants and the gray outfit are my favs!

So sad that clothes can't just shrink with us... oh who am I kidding! Any excuse to go shop for clothes is a good one for me!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:42 PM   #3  
Jenny

I know, I was completely shocked when I saw the package on the coffee table at lunch! Talk about a fast turn around, those postal workers must have known I was anxious for it, haha.

I defniitely know what you mean though, the jeans I'm wearing today are my absolute favorite, I bought them at Christmas time at Lane Bryant for $50 and they snap in the front and have a bunch of pockets but they are starting to slip off me and make me look like I have a "load" in my pants. Not very flattering. I got to wear jeans today to work and I figured this would probably be the last time I'd wear them before they got retired. I'll definitely have to start up my own collection of clothes for people
thefictionalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

that was so sweet of you.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #5  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Cool beans! That's awesome when folks can benefit one another...Getting nice clothes at a time of transition, a time you really don't want to go and buy a whole wardrobe, is definitely a hand up from a friend.

I know what you mean about saggy butt jeans - I've gone from a 26/28 to a 22 jeans, but I've lost in my butt and hips. Relaxed-fit jeans with tapered legs now make me look like I'm in a big ice cream cone, all hips.

At the advise of Clinton and Stacey on "What Not to Wear", I tried some boot cut jeans on and love them. Even found a pair of medium-rise boot cut jeans at The Salvation Army Thrift Store for $2.99 -- gotta love 'em! I was surprised how many plus-sizes they had there.

I'm babbling. Just happy for you, because I know how much better I felt when I got some clothes that FIT again. It's a problem, losing a wardrobe to weight loss --- WAIT, no, it's not! It's a happy problem to have. Kiss those old clothes goodbye, 'cause this is a one-way journey, right?
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #6  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Wow, that is so great! What a nice thing to do. And smart, too! It's so hard to spend money that you know will be wasted once you're out of that size - yet you can't go on wearing clothes that make you look like you have a "load", lol.

So sweet, Sara! I'm happy for you, Jenny!
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:23 AM   #7  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Awww . . . how sweet! It's nice to have good friends to help you out!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote