Weekly weigh in (4/4-4/10)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good Monday Morning!

Just to start the thread off, I lost 1.8lbs this week! Down a total of 19.8.

We had my son's 3rd birthday party yesterday, so I'm really tired, but ready for a new week.

Good luck this week everyone!
  • I am down .75 from last Monday! Woo-hoo! Maybe not a lot, but at least I am still going in the right direction.
  • Down 1 lb from a week ago, had a big drop last week so I didn't expect a whole lot this time!

Up to 17 min a day on elliptical (at resistance 6, and 2.7MPH) thanks to Howie's Weekend Challange!

Good job last week everyone!
  • Hi, all! Congrats on the loses. I'm maintaining for the 3rd week in a row. I was really expecting a loss this week, so I'm a little disappointed, but I'm trying to stay positive. I keep reminding myself that this is the time to be COMMITTED, and that if I keep doing what I need to do, eventually the scale will move. In the meantime, I 'm going to keep a food journal (which I hate doing), and up my exercise. In order to fit in exercise last week, I walked a few times for my workout and I don't think walking, even briskly, is intense enough for me (walking does NOT = weight loss for me). Any other suggestions?
  • WTG on the losses. I'm up a bit (it was expected) to 256.5. As bloated as I am right now I expected it to be 270 or more!!! I'm back on track now and will be reporting a nice loss next week
  • Good going on the losses. Darlene, Kimberley just came off three weeks without losing. She lost a 1 1/2 last week. It was tough for her also. She felt the same way you do and if you stick to it then it will come off. The way she looks at it is she is eating healthy from now on. So losing weight is just an added bonus. So just stick with it you're doing great.
  • Thanks, Howie! And congrats to Kimberley on her well-earned loss. She's got a great attitude (as do you!)
  • Down 2 pounds this week ~ finally a loss.

Congrats to the loosers and maintainers, to those who have gained ~ don't give up!!
  • Ok, Im going to OWN my weight, instead of feeling ashamed. Today was my first weigh in for a loooong time. I was off for a while, ate terribly, and didn't exercise at all. So, today, I weighed in at 192, a 3 pound gain, but I expected it to be waaaay worse. On a positive note, Im totally back on track, and excited about it this time! I dont feel like Im setting myself up for another failure. Congrats to all the losers, and good luck to those with weigh ins coming up!!
  • I am at an all time HIGH. I can't take this anymore..

254 pounds.. I hope by my weigh in next week I will see SOMETHING.
  • I am down 1 pound. Congrats all you losers!

Amy Jo - great to hear you so motivated And I'm sure those few pounds will come right off!

-Aimee
  • I gained 3 lbs in the past 2 weeks *sigh* Oh well, I expected worse! I'm back on plan today. I worked out and felt like I was going to pass out today, it was soooo hot
  • : Yes!! I weighed in at 232 today, down 2.5 pounds! That water weight finally went away. No more Mrs. Marshmallow (at least until my next TOM).

Darlene, maybe the food journal can be a positive thing for you if you look at it differently. I actually like keeping track now that I've been doing it for a while. I mentioned this in another thread in the miscellaneous forum, but it bears mentioning here, too.

I am a bargain shopper and am excited when I get a good deal on something. What helps me is to look at calories like they're cash. Every day I have $1600 to spend. I can either spend it on junky stuff that might provide momentary satisfaction, or I can spend it on something which gives me more bang for the buck.

When I go grocery shopping, I have a grocery list and plan to get fruit, veggies, dairy, grains, meat, etc. Each day I try to have that grocery list mentality, and plan to eat a balance of those same things. Keeping track, planning new and healthy ways to enjoy those calories, helps me stay focused.

Unbelievably enough, it's actually become fun! Also, it's one thing in life I do have control over. How many things can we say that about?
  • Mostly water as I have just recently started back on my health plan, I lost 6 lbs this week. Dreading the slowdown and inevitable plateaus, but determined to get to onederland soon.
  • Just figures when I really want the weight to come off I stand still. I did everything right this week and did not lose a thing. Maybe I'll have a good loss next week. I'm so wanting to be under 300. At least I know I did everything right this week. It was not because I screwed up. So on with the plan and looking forward to next weeks weigh in.