Does everyone lie?!

• I had a funny moment today that I thought I'd share...

I took out my checkbook to enter in a couple purchaces this afternoon. My checkbook cover holds my license and other cards but has a clear opening for my Drivers License ID.

Well, I officially weigh the same as my license says I am!!! Woo-hoo!!!

I've only been lying about it for the last 5 or so years!

Has this or something similar ever happened to anyone else?
  • I used to say 10-15 lbs below actual- but thankfully when I moved to NC 2 years ago (2 years on friday in fact), they don't put weight # on the DLs....
  • I'm actually below my DL weight -- WOOHOO! -- by 45 lbs; when I got it last time, I was determined to be honest with myself and have my real weight on there. I renew again this year in July -- maybe I can set that as my new goal date -- lose 2 lbs a week for the next four months and be able to put 260 on my new DL. There's a thought!
  • I'm below mine now by 42. Mine was 50 under for the past several years.
  • Mine is about.... 40 under! But I'm confident that I'll be below it by the time I have to renew it.
  • Heck, yes. I had my i.d. stolen in December and had to replace it with a fatter picture so I added 20lbs more to my weight. It's only 100 lbs or so off. My doctor is the only one who knows my true weight and I intend to keep it that way.
  • I put my real weight on mine...well tried to. When I first got it, I was smaller, so I put the correct weight. When I went to have it renewed, I was heavier and put the larger number on there, but the DMV people didn't correct the weight. So even though I told the truth, the number is a lie!
  • Mine actually lists my goal for the end of this year... which wasn't far from the truth when I put it on. Good incentive for me, though, so thanks for posting this observation.
  • Quote: I put my real weight on mine...well tried to. When I first got it, I was smaller, so I put the correct weight. When I went to have it renewed, I was heavier and put the larger number on there, but the DMV people didn't correct the weight. So even though I told the truth, the number is a lie!
    They did the same thing to me when I renewed my license, they never changed it. When I got married though I put a "more honest" weight on there and I'm only 10lb more than that weight now!!
  • Guilty!
  • Mine has 165. I think I weighed 175-180 when I got it at 15 1/2 and haven't changed it since. Still have about 90 pounds to go until I weight what my license shows.
  • I actually told them my real weight for the first time ever, when I got my license renewed earlier this month. Before that I think it was at 230, which, of course, was a blatant lie!

Beverly
  • I am soooo glad MI doesn't put weight on the DL's!! Just height and eye color.
  • When I got my first licence, I decided to be honest, but I rounded up by about 3 lbs. Then I gained 30 lbs, Now I weigh 30 lbs. less than my license says.