Old 03-03-2005, 02:40 PM   #16  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

It has taken me 14 years to lose the amount in my signature. I lost 190 lbs from 1991 to 1992 only to put 120 back on when I injured my back in 1994. I just started seriously again last April and have taken off 103.

As for tips it's just good old stick to it and keep going. Even if you screw up you have to look at it like it's part of life and keep going. Don’t let anything or anyone get in your way of being healthy. During the past year I have had 3 gains of 8 to 10 lbs each. But I just kept going. I just decided that if I’m going to do this I couldn’t let a little setback get me down. You just have to keep pushing through no matter what.

As for diet I count calories 1800 a day and follow the American Heart Association guidelines. I did not do any exercise until this past month. I was just too heavy and hurt too much. So after I got to a more manageable weight I started going to the YMCA and swimming.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #17  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Just wanted tp pop in and say WELCOME to our little group!! Hope to hear more from you!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 05:33 AM   #18  
¡poco a poco!

[QUOTE=howie6267]As for tips it's just good old stick to it and keep going. Even if you screw up you have to look at it like it's part of life and keep going. Don’t let anything or anyone get in your way of being healthy. During the past year I have had 3 gains of 8 to 10 lbs each. But I just kept going. I just decided that if I’m going to do this I couldn’t let a little setback get me down. You just have to keep pushing through no matter what.QUOTE]

You are so right here...I really have to learn to be more consistant. In the past I´ve had a nasty habit of becoming very enthusiastic (possibly even a little obsessive) about loosing weight but the novelty soon wears off and I´m heavier than when I started. This time I´m making a conscious effort to take things one small step at a time! Thanks for the advice!!

Last edited by verity78; 03-07-2005 at 05:46 AM.
verity78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 05:38 AM   #19  
¡poco a poco!

Thanks for the welcome Sandi!

I just read your promise to Jacob! You had me blubbing (NOT a pretty sight lol!) and it was beautiful!!! Very inspirational. I have a daughter who will be five in June and I am very conscious that I am one of the larger Mum´s in the playground. Hopefully not for much longer though!
verity78 is offline   Reply With Quote