Weight loss discourages me!

• Ugh! This is just a rant, and a totally uncalled for one. So I am down 7 pounds from Sunday the 20th, thats really good, right? So how come I am so friggin' discouraged?!? I was doing so great, and then today, partly because I was SO hungry and had such a bad headache, I had pizza. It's not the end of the world, and sometimes I find that a carb overload gets my body back into weight loss mode. I've also hit *that* weight that I always get down to, and then gain all the weight back. Ugh! I know I can't quit, and have to push through this feeling, but I don't want to!! I want to crawl into bed with a big cinamon bun and a coke, I'm addicted to sugar! And to top it off, this girl I am "friends" with is losing weight, and is almost near my weight.. and she's always been bigger than me. And if she was a good friend, I could be happy for her.. but when it's always been some kind of competition, it's too hard. Okay, I am done ranting, and plan to do a really hard workout to shake this stupid plateau off!

-Aimee
  • a quick little tip that i've discovered over the years. i don't know what diet you're on but i find a banana suprisingly makes me feel a lot better. the potassium helps with the headaches and i find its sweet enough to end my sugar cravings. hope that helps.
  • Don't be discouraged. Healthy weight loss should be no more than 1-2 lbs a week, really closer to 1 lb. a week. So the fact that you last 7 lbs in the last 8 days is awesome.

It's hard, I know, I go up and down and get frustrated myself, but think of a better, slimmer, healthier you!
  • Try not to stress to much. Sometimes you have to eat something you enjoy. As for the friend who is losing weight. That is tough sometimes. I've been jealous of people who have lost and I have not. You can use it as motivation though. Just jump in and know that you are going to lose weight right along side of her. It does not have to be a competition because the only one you need to do this for is yourself.
  • Well, I figured out what's stalled my weight loss in the past few days, and has also added to me being so discouraged! It's stress. My work has become so stressful in the past few weeks, I finally called Employment Insurance today to find out if I qualify. And based on what I was saying about how I'm almost being "forced out", if I can find a paper trail, I will qualify. Which is an enormous relief. I'm going to the district manager of my company tomorrow to discuss whats been going on, and if she can't solve it, looks like I'm moving on! Which makes me cry btw.. I guess it's time for something big, my store is so wrong, almost corrupt. It's amazing how much stuff goes on in retail stores.

-Aimee
  • Aimme -

I totally know how you feel. I was forced out of a job once and although I hated the job more than anything else in the entire world, I was so upset about it. I thought, "Wait, I am like the best employee ever. How can this be happening to me?" And I fretted and cried and totally stressed out. I was without work for a month to boot. However, when I look back on it now - it was the best move I could have made. the job was not for me, the people were not for me, and although the money was (gawd, the money was definately for me), I moved on. The job made me into a person I totally hated to - so many games - so much crap. I know you hate the job you're in. And I know there is something else out there for you. Physical Therapist? Nutritionist? Teacher? Swim Coach? Cop? C'mon, what do you want to be when you grow up.

Jessica
  • I worked as an admin assistant at a university and had this happen to me, too. It stinks and it is really stressful to be in the middle of the politics. I understand! But weight-wise, don't lose heart. Do what's good for you -- you can't control the crap, but you can do this for yourself. (((hugs))) I wish I'd known this and done it when I was your age.
  • Aimee-- I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. I too empathize. I did great and lost those 4.5 pounds last week and what did I do? I ate more than I probably should have yesterday on my indulgence day. So today I'm back on track and trying to stay around 1,000 calories to make up for yesterday.

I too know what you mean about your friend. I have a friend whom I've been friends with since I was 3 (I'm now almost 32). We've been competitive as long as I can remember but we've managed to stay good friends throughout it all. I talked on the phone with her the other night for a while and she told me she had been working on losing weight as well and was down 20 pounds. At first that competitive nature set in and I was jealous. For once I was going to weigh less than her and here she went and started losing weight. Then I kind of stepped back from the situation and realized that I am happy for her. I truly wouldn't wish obesity on anyone. Of course our roles are reversed and I'm the friend that is fatter.
  • Good luck with the job situation. I know from experience how tough that kind of situation can be. Hang in there.