Hello, old but new again

• I once posted on this board many many many moons ago. I've gone up and down in my weight and am now way up again. Several things led to this - we moved from Denver to Las Vegas and I went back to school to become a secondary math teacher. Stress and a lot of sitting in front of the computer did not lend itself to a healthy lifestyle.

Anyway, things are getting back on track schedule wise and it's time to lose this weight and get healthy. DH and I just returned from a trip to Hawaii which was not all it could have been because of my weight. I see this as a battle to a better quality of life and to a better me. Therefore I've chosen Red Sonja as my icon (I used to do Kendo, Japanese sword fighting, in college) and a quote from Henry V.

About me, I'm in my 40s, married to my high school sweetheart, have no children or pets, love to play golf and cook, and we travel a bit. During my thinner times I really like getting to the outdoors on hiking, camping, or snowboarding trips. Hope to get to know this group. This site was a big support to me before and I know it can be again.
  • Hi, RS.

Moving can be a huge stress. I know it has been for me in the past.

You did sword fighting? Wow! Bet that keeps hubby in line!

IKWYM re: the weight making a difference traveling. Even living in the city here (NY) we have to walk all the time. Losing weight makes a huge difference in how I can enjoy my life.
  • Welcome back. Sounds like you are off to a great start. For me it helps to come here and post often--even when I'm not doing so great.
  • Welcome back. I know you can do it this time. You will find great support hear.
  • Welcome = )