Old 02-24-2005, 03:15 PM   #46  

Here they are, boy that was tough, I hope I got everybody!

Apryl-#1
Celina-#4
Jilligal-#3
Howie-#4
Jillybean-#4
Gretchen-#3
Gayle-#3
Sandi-#4
Frenchiepolarbear-#4
Dawnyal-#4
Marge-#1
Togger-#5
Kristi-#1
Donna-#2
Darla-#4
Sarah-#2

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 10:19 PM   #47  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

updateing my guess.

Apryl #4
Jill # 3
Celina #4
Jillybean #3
Gretchen #3
Glynne #2 (just becuase I never could) :P
Sandi #4 (if it's true I may have married the wrong women) LOL
Frenchiepolarbear #1
Dawnyal #2
Kristi #5
Marge #3
Togger #1
Donna # 4
Darla # 4
Sarah # 3
Bev # 5
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 11:26 PM   #48  
missaprylj

Talking Last Day to Guess; Saturday Reveal

Thanks everyone!

*Friday Feb. 25th is the LAST DAY for everyone who wants to be in the "contest" to guess.

*Saturday-Monday Everyone feel free to go back through "quote" your lies in new posts, that'll make viewing them all the easier.

I'm so excited to see which are the lies! But remember, no revealing until Saturday at the earliest!

Last edited by missaprylj; 02-25-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:56 AM   #49  
Born Loser

Just a suggestion. I think it would be much easier to see peoples lies if you go back and Quote your original post. That way when people come to see we can just go to view first unread post.

Last edited by howie6267; 02-25-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:17 PM   #50  
missaprylj

Great idea, Howie. Let's do that, everyone!
Old 02-26-2005, 12:46 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchiepolarbear
Sounds good,

Here's mine:

1. I once worked as a shopping mall Santa Claus and they had to install me a fake belly so i can fit into the costume. I was 300 at that time

2. I once had a cat name after this high fat high cholesterol meal we have in canada "Poutine"

3. One of my good buddies was a member of Montreal Expos (now Washington Nationals)

4. I had to Show Jacques Villeneuve (formula one racer) how to start his vehicule.

5. I just love living downtown Montreal
Whell, it's now 12.29 am saturday, so i'll step in first. Some of you will be very surprised.

1. i did worked as Santa's in a shopping mall and yes the pants were way too large. They must have been made for people with 60 inches waist. They installed me a pillow to fill in the gap!

2. My very affectionate cat Poutine was named after this Quebec's traditionnal meal because he had the same brownish color

3. My good buddy Fred was indeed ticket office manager for the expos.

4. A few years ago, i was working as car jockey for a big shot hotel downtown Montreal. Jacques Villeneuve was staying there during the Grand Prix. He was sponsored by Honda at that time. At some point, Honda employees brought his promotional vehicle, a Honda S2000 that i had the privilege to park. When Villeneuve requested his car, i brought it up hotel entrance and stopped the engine as Villeneuve was not ready to take off. The HOnda S2000 had the following particularity. The start the engine, we had of course to turn on the ignition but also press a big red "start" button located on the lower left dashboard. Villeneuve didn't knew this and when he finally took his car, he was stuck in the middle of hotel entrance and i had to show him everything.

5. For those who saw my post on the profiles thread, you probably saw that i like "everything to get close to nature." The appartment i currently live in was my first one after i left parents home. I was a student at that time but wanted to get close to university. Now, i cannot wait to buy a nice country house....To much noise, pollution and stress in the city. That was the big lie....
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:13 AM   #52  
Born Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie6267
Ok here goes.

1. I am a computer programmer.
2. My father was listed as one of the best Chefs in central Ohio.
3. I once meet Peter Breck(Nick Barkley Big Valley. Showing my age).
4. I quit school in the 10th grade.
5. I used to smoke a pipe.

Apryl #4
Jill # 3
Celina #4
You had me fooled frenchie.

Looks like I got everyone. I did quit school in the 10 grade. I went back for my GED and then my Associates Degree. I did smoke a pipe for awhile. Never did get hooked on smoking though. Food was always my addiction.

My lie was that I met Peter Breck. I did get to see him in a play but never met him.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:19 AM   #53  
Crazy Canuck

Well, I'm batting zero so far Hopefully I'll do better with the women!

Here's mine:

#1 - I ran into Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis, Laura Dern and Angelica Houston one year at the Toronto Film Festival. TRUE - Brad was cute, but quite scruffy. Bruce was surprisingly short (Angelica towered over him) and Laura was sulking because she couldn't find Jeff Goldblum - I believe they were an item at the time and I heard later he was busy chatting up a waitress.
#2 - I'm distantly related to a former Prime Minister. TRUE - We even got a Christmas card one year, but the signature wasn't real - it was obviously a pre-inked stamp!
#3 - My undergraduate degree is in Anthropology. TRUE - Upon discovering few desirable career opportunities for female Indiana Jones types, I settled for the legal profession and now dig up caselaw instead of artifacts and remains.
#4 - In a previous career I was a public relations representative for Taco Bell and McDonalds. BIG FAT LIE - I see some of you recognized this was a reference to all my disparaging remarks here about those particular fast food outlets - I doubt I'd even get an interview in their public relations department!

Last edited by Jillegal; 01-23-2007 at 08:12 AM.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #54  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Jill revealed...

1. As part of my radio internship, I recorded, edited, and produced commercials that were run on-air for three different radio stations (that's right, as much as I dislike country music, my voice could be heard during a country station's commercial breaks).--TRUE, and loved every minute of it! Wish I could get a job in radio promotions now...

2. I auditioned for American Idol in DC, but I didn't even make it through the preliminaries because I didn't have "the look" and wasn't interesting enough to be on tv [all that waiting in line and I didn't even get to meet Simon, Paula, and Randy!--FYI for any Idol fans that watched the auditions, Mary Roach (the one who heard voices in her head) is from the same town as me and is actually an aspiring comedian].--LIE, Mary Roach really is from Manassas, VA, though, and I read somewhere that she was either an aspiring comedian or actress...I never auditioned, though

3. When I was little, I broke the growth plate in my ankle, so now one of my legs is slightly longer than the other.--TRUE, but it's not a noticable difference (thank God!)

4. When I was in high school, I failed miserably at my All State choir auditions but passed the All New England choir auditions with flying colors (go figure!).--TRUE, I scored something like a 68 on All State but a 94 for All New England!

5. I lived in Virginia Beach for all of last year and never once went swimming in the ocean.--TRUE, went swimming in a friend's pool a few times, but never in the ocean. I was SO not about to wear a bathing suit at the beach!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:21 AM   #55  

Okay, time to fess up.

1. I started smoking and drinking at age 12, yet I’ve never done either of them since I’ve legally been old enough to do so. TRUE, I was a bit of a wild child.
2. I ended my first year of high school algebra with a 4% overall for the class. TRUE, what can I say, algebra is evil!
3. My sense of direction is so bad that I rely on my legally blind husband to get us where we’re going when I’m driving in a new area. TRUE, frightening, isn’t it?
4. When I was a toddler my brother accidentally chopped the end of my finger off and I had to have it sewn back on. TRUE, my brother slammed the door with my poor little middle finger caught in it. Thank goodness I was just a toddler, I don’t remember a thing about it. Though my fingernail has never quite grown the same since!!
5. I once won $30,000 in a Las Vegas slot machine just to gamble it all away in the very same night, ending up 20 bucks down! FALSE! Are you kidding?! If I ever won that kind of money, I’d gather up the loot and run outta there so fast they’d have to replay the security tape to see which way I went.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:28 AM   #56  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne
I remember that thread ~ it was fun.

Ok here are mine:

#1 ~ While camping one summer, I met up with a moose on my way to the bathroom.

#2 ~ In the 7th grade, I climbed the rope in the gym and touched the ceiling (the first girl to do so).

#3 ~ I was a foreign exchange student in Spain.

#4 ~ I have been hiking on the Appalachian Trail.

#5 ~ I lived in Ohio, but went to nursing school in Kentucky every day.
#1 ~ True ~ it was a baby moose and boy was he big.

#2 ~ True ~ I used to be fit ~ once upon a time.

#3 ~ False ~ I have been there, but not as a foreign exchange student.

#4 ~ True ~ We hiked on the Applachain trail in Baxter State Park in Maine.

#5 ~ True ~ I lived in Cincinnati, Ohio and rode the bus across the Ohio River to Covington, KY everyday to go to nursing school.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:33 AM   #57  
LyndaB

#1 ~ In my 20's, I was a competitive ballroom dancer.

#2 ~ In my immediate family, there are 3 Cheryl's and 2 Steve's.

#3 ~ I yawned when introduced to Steve Young.

#4 ~ I did background vocals on one song for Bruce Springsteen's "Blood Brothers" album.

#5 ~ I worked on Gayle King's estate planning documents.
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:52 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolose85
1. I worked a pro-am tournament that Tiger woods golfed in TRUE
2. I met Clint Eastwoods make-up artist TRUE- My cousin knows him personally
3. I was 2 feet away from Pope John Paul II TRUE at a Rally in 1993
4. I was on the turf of Mile High Staduim for a rally TRUE This is where I saw the pope!
5. I played the piano at the Hollywood Bowl FALSE - But almost true. I was actually there on a tour, got to go to the stage and touch the baby grand but did not play it...
So there it is!

Last edited by tolose85; 02-26-2005 at 10:55 AM.
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 01:06 PM   #59  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwoman64
1. My life has been threatened by a Palestinian terrorist.
TRUE I work for federal criminal defense attorney, and one of his clients before I started at this job was a young man who was accused and convicted of conspiring to plant a nail bomb in a NYC subway. I did some wrap up work on his case, and in a telephone conversation with my boss, myself and him one day, he became irate and threatened both of our lives because he said he believed we ruined his. Scary moment.

Quote:
2. I got the autograph of a Nobel Prize winner the night before he won the prize.
TRUE I went to see Octavio Paz at the 92nd Street Y in NYC where he read from his poems the night before he won the Nobel Prize for Literature.

Quote:
3. I've never left the United States
FALSE I've been to France, Germany, Canada, and Austria. I'd love to have the money and time to see lots more places.

Quote:
4. Relatives have traced my family roots back to New Jersey before the American Revolution.
TRUE I'm taking their word for it, but the geneology list of names they sent me looks cool.

Quote:
5. I had lunch one time two tables away from Jeff Goldblum (Independence Day, Jurassic Park, Life Aquatic. (It was not a fancy restaurant )
TRUE Hard to live in NY and not see a celebrity now and again. Everyone was looking at him, don't know how comfortable *that* was, ha. I guess he must be used to it.

Last edited by dragonwoman64; 02-26-2005 at 01:10 PM.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #60  
missaprylj

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprylcadabra

1. I have met 3 cast members from the Real World.
2. I am part Cherokee/Choctaw.
3. I have dipped my feet in the Mediterranean Sea.
4. My GPA in high school so far (5/8 Semesters) is a 4.0
5. I love world music with Greek, Latino and Hindi being the top three.

1. This is TRUE! I've met Rachel from RW SanFrancisco, her husband Sean from RW Boston, and Norman from RW 1 New York.

2. This is also TRUE but highly debated in my family. Depends who you talk to, .

3. This is FALSE but oh, how I'd love to. I went to Spain in June of '04 but was on the west side of Spain, so no Mediterranean.

4. Come on, you guys! Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I'm a complete geek!

5. This is TRUE! I love love love world music... or is it men with accents?