Weekly Move Your Kaboose, 1/31-2/6

• A new week, a new month, a new beginning! Let's really get our thinking in order this month and affirm "I am an exercise fiend." Then do it!--whether it's getting started on an exercise routine, shaking up your current routine to incorporate some new activities, or recommitting to making exercise a priority.
    Whatever your size, health, fitness level, or degree of mobility, there is something you can do! Your body will thank you.

Yesterday I did step aerobics and pilates. This morning I did step aerobics. I'm planning to get a walk in at lunch.
  • Last night, I did 50 minutes of weight lifting (chest and triceps)
  • its not much but I stayed on the Elliptical for 10 minutes and I plan on working up to 30 minutes on it again
  • Monday--2 mile WATP for abs in morning
    20 mins. strength training in eveing

Tuesday--3 mile WATP for abs
  • I have been swimming two days in a row. I did 20 or 10 laps depending on how you look at it. Is a lap consider to be up and back the length of the pool or just one way? This takes me about 45 minutes and seems to be a real good workout for me.
  • I hiked my mountain, and my legs ACHE from yesterday! I guess I did more walking than I actually thought. This is my month to start running, I am excited because my bf promised he'd take me shopping for new runners and a running outfit in March if I keep it up. Yay, shopping

-Aimee
  • Yesterday: step aerobics and a 50 minute walk.

Howie, isn't a "lap" the length of the pool? I'm not sure, but I would count it like that because the number is higher . Good for you for finding something that you enjoy!
  • Pretty active as well,

Monday evening: 2 hours walk, fast pace

Thuesday: 40 minutes doing laps at the pool. since the past 2 weeks I was able to increase the pace, which is a good thing.

I take a break tonight.

Thursday, will do laps a the poll

Week-end: Will do Cross-country ski.

@Howie: you have to look at this from a positive side: a lap is one lenght of the pool, so back and forth will be 2.....
  • 2 mile WATP tape this morning

I always thought a lap was there and back, but when I counted my "laps" at the pool this summer I counted each time I made it to the other side of the pool and aimed for 60.
  • Today: Pilates and 2-20 minute walks
  • I almost did not go swimming today but I'm so glad I did. Did 45 minutes of laps and then went to the arthritis class in the heated pool. That was nice for the back.
  • Yesterday: pilates and 40 minute walk
  • 2 mile WATP for abs.

When I get home this evening, I'm going to pull out my old pilates DVD and give it a try again.
  • 3km walk, 1km of which was uphill.
  • 50 minutes of weights (back and biceps)

I really hope I get some energy soon...