Old 01-24-2005, 03:45 AM   #46  

OK, checking in for Day Four.......Did pretty well on the eating front.....made a great tomato and coriander soup, which kept me going most of the day....also did the supermarket shop and ignored temptation all the way....still can't exercise (am beginning to think this horrible cold has moved in permanently!!)...

Ingrid - sorry about your experience with that ****hole. All power to you for successfully avoiding the comfort eating - you're right, he clearly isn't worth falling off the wagon for. I tend to look at it this way - much better to find out very early on that he is an Undesirable - you can just throw him away, and bring on the Next One!

What about everybody else?
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:37 PM   #47  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am really late in getting in on this, but I am with you 100% starting today!!

My Plan:

1. To stay within my points range everyday!
2. Get some exercise.
3. Plan, Plan, Plan!!

It's so simple, why don't I just do it???

Today I planned well and then the Fritoes in the Office kitchen were calling my name. I even had them in my hand. Then I said to myself "no, your going to do WHATEVER IT TAKES" I put them back and left the room!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:15 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WTG Sandi. That is great for putting down the fritos.

I had a horrible weekend. I didn't eat as bad as I have in the past but I had over 1900 calories on Friday, 2350 on Saturday and 1850 yesterday. I'm supposed to be eating around 1600 a day. I'm not eating because I'm hungry either. I've got to start controlling my weekend eating again.
I did get in my water.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:58 PM   #49  

Hey Dawnyal....don't be too down on yourself - at least you kept track, and know where you're at....that takes a bit of courage, you know...

As for me, day 5 and I'm doing OK. Eating healthily, but unfortunately still feeling lousy due to a cold, so not able to exercise......

How about everybody else?????????
Old 01-24-2005, 05:42 PM   #50  
Live for the Moment!

So far, things are going pretty well! I've been consistently on plan with the exception of a couple "slip ups" this weekend. I'm with you Dawnyal, the weekend can be a tough one.... We went to check out Ocean's 12 on Saturday night so I ended up with popcorn and pop... then on Sunday, I had a piece of Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake (its one of my favorite things ever) I just couldn't refuse HOWEVER there's still 1 final piece left in the freezer and I won't touch it! I will make Steve eat it for dessert tonight.

So those are the only 2 moments since Wednesday that I've been off plan, which I'll accept.. Nobody said this would be easy and as long as i'm on plan over 90% of the time, I'm happy. So, back to the gym for me tonight and I'll do some extra cardio to work off those treats from the weekend.

AND, as of today - its 2 weeks of being smoke free for me!! YAY!! I'm so happy I could dance... i'll have to get out this extra energy at the gym tonight.

Sandi - So glad you've decided to join us! And, excellent job on passing up those Fritos.. Good job!

Claire - Hopefully you're feeling better soon... don't worry about the exercise right now, just focus on eating well and getting lots of rest!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:19 PM   #51  
beautiful

Celina!!!! great job!!!
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:18 PM   #52  
Live for the Moment!

Thanks Shelly!

So, today was a complete success! I didn't make it to the gym, BUT, I did my whole tae-bo cardio video. Granted some of the coordination I couldn't get down, but I kept moving for the whole tape! As for the food, well I'm totally on plan and I resisted that last piece of DQ cake and have had all my water!

So, how about everyone else? how's it going? how has it been going?

Keep up the hard work!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 12:14 AM   #53  
Live for the Moment!

Damnit! I'm so mad at myself.. I'd almost made it all day again with being on plan but no of course, I ended up bingeing on microwave popcorn. You know I really just don't get it, why do I keep sabatoging (sp?) something I want so very badly. I feel like such a failure now and not to mention I feel stomach sick.

Sorry about the vent - needed to get that off my chest.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:12 AM   #54  

Hi Celina

Don't be too hard on yourself.........its really tough to quit smoking, and stick with healthy eating at the same time. Maybe the quitting smoking has something to do with the microwave popcorn??? Whatever you do don't feel like a failure - its one small incident, and you just need to pick yourself up and keep going.....
Old 01-25-2005, 11:42 AM   #55  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I don't smoke and I do the same kind of things Celina. Your fighting two battles right now so don't beat yourself up. It was one moment in your life. The next moment you can be right back on plan and be right back on track.

I did the same this this weekend except much worse than popcorn. Pizza and Icecream is all I can say. Way more than anyone should ever eat. I've done this twice in the last week so I would be surprised if I lose during the last two week period but I'll find out Friday.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:52 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Celina. You are still doing a WONDERFUL job. There are worse things you could've had to sabatoge you. I like my microwave popcorn in the evenings so I usually plan for a bag to eat after dinner. I usually will only have 1-3 bags a week but I will allot my calories for it anyway. Maybe if you plan for it everyday, it won't be a big deal if you eat a bag.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:31 PM   #57  
Live for the Moment!

Awwww... thanks you guys! I do feel much better now. And I think the binge was created as I was home all day yesterday with a migraine so I didn't wear the patch therefore probably "nicced" out pretty bad in the evening and indulged with food. I am still thinking positive... So far today, I'm on plan. I had a Silhouette Smoothie for breakfast.. brought a Lean Cuisine Pizza and Diet Coke for lunch then some grapes for an afternoon snack. I'm planning stuffed chicken breasts (stuffed with mushrooms & peppers) for dinner and some cooked veggies... then heading to the gym tonight. I will do this - I know I will... Heck, if I can quit smoking, I feel like I can really do anything I put my mind to. And, I do have to accept that there will be bumps along the way..

Thanks again for your support... How are your days going?
Old 01-25-2005, 04:02 PM   #58  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Default newbie joining in

I pooped out in 2004 (13 lbs lost for the etire year ) I'm revving up for 2005. Since January I've logged my food into fitday every day. I'm making changes on my weekend eating w/ bf (the weekend, and chocolate, are big challenges for me).

I've lost about 4.5 lbs since the beginning of January, 3 weeks loss in a row, I'm really happy about that.

I'd say eating is at about 85 % of goal, and exercise is about the same (I tend to skip my walks in the cold weather, one of the exercises I do).

Reading everybody's posts is inspirational to me
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:49 PM   #59  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Everyone!

I signed up for the challenge, but I never set any goals for myself I haven't gained-the scale has been stuck since the beginning of the year. Unfortunately, I've fallen back in to 2 of my bad habits: Eating too many carbs/fats, and not drinking enough water

Howie: My problem too! I need to switch to Lean Cuisine/Healthy Choice, or give it up entirely.

Celina: I don't do popcorn, but I can binge on just bread and margarine My DH's b-day is next weekend, and he wants a cake. I'll just have to send it to work with him. Good job on quitting smoking and staying on track!

My goals are:

Drink at least 64 oz of water per day
Cut Carbs!
Get in some exercise

The exercise part for me is the most difficult. I'm recovering from a broken ankle, and I can only walk with a walker. I have hand weights; I just need to make the effort to do some sort of workout every day!

to everyone!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:31 PM   #60  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

For a healthy but yummy alternative to pizza, this is what I do:

get a medium sized whole wheat pita (about one the size of a personal pan pizza)
put either chopped tomatoes OR 1/3rd-1/4th of a can of diced tomatoes on top of the pita, kind of smoosh it down a bit.
top the tomatoes with your favorite italian spices, basil, oregano, rosemary, etc and a little salt.
top the tomatoes with 1/4th to 1/2 cup of shredded mozarella cheese
top the cheese with your favorite veggies (mushrooms, bell peppers) and/or lean meats (I use ham or chicken breast)

Put your mini pizza on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until the cheese is a little brown.

It tastes yummy and is around 300 calories, depending on what you top it with.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote