Old 01-19-2005, 08:45 PM   #16  

MP, that is how it goes around in my house. Hopefully it will run its course soon and things will get back to normal.

Mez, is there a baby yet?? I'm anxiously waiting to hear news.

Aimee, I think you can do anything you put your mind to. How long is the run going to be? If you were not a runner before I think though that you are going to have to train hard for it. As for that being to fat stuff, I see a woman in my neighborhood jogging everyday and she is overweight. So, I think you will be in good shape for your run.

Elliptical: 5 Miles 44min 17sec (8.83 mile average) Cardio
Bike: 5 miles 22min (4.4 mile average) Cardio

Last edited by Tammy32; 01-19-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:57 PM   #17  
Learning to love ME!

Today I did step aerobics and 14 flights of stairs. I'm having incredible pain in my heel. I have a bone spur on it and I thought the weight loss would cure the pain, but it hasn't yet. I'm popping Motrin before I go to bed at night so it won't hurt during my workout, but wondering if anything else can be done. Does anyone else suffer from this?
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Talking

Good grief,..lol

I just finished my one Mile WATp dvd. I used to do these about 5 times a week before all this heart stuff happened and now i struggle to even get through it at all. My legs have a fit the entire time, but I know I have to do this. The cardiologist said that my good cholesterol was low and that if I exercised, it would help raise it. So, Legs, you are just going to have to get used to it,..LOL

I am going to try to get it in at least four times this week. So far, I have 2. Then next week I want to get it in 5 times. I know it will get easier as I go, but whew~!
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:52 PM   #19  

Darlene, I don't know if a bone spur is what I have, but I wake up in the morning and almost collapse if I am not careful because the pain in my heel is so bad. When I first started out I used to walk 5 miles everyday. My heels would just kill me when I was exercising. I don't hurt from it as much now. It seems 50 pounds lost has helped some. Mornings are just rotten though. You can go for a nifty cortisone shot at the doc's office. My mom has to do that. I'm not a big fan of a needle going into my heel, so I just suffer.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:13 PM   #20  
Live for the Moment!

Well Ladies - I moved my Kaboose today for the first time since October 13th!!!

I'm quite proud... I went to the gym and did 30 mins of cardio (15 on Elliptical & 15 on Cross Trainer), lower body weights and abs. Yipee!

I feel like I can totally get back on track... AND, I found I could comfortably maintain a heart rate of over 160 which is fantastic since before I quit smoking, I'd be anywhere from 140-150 and get out of breath! Its amazing the difference in only 10 days of being smoke free!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:47 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good for you, Celina!

1 hour shallow water aerobics (with an instructor that kicked butt--I'm sore!)
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:13 AM   #22  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My class ended early tonight so I went to the gym on the way home. I did back and biceps (my back muscle is feeling oh so much better) and then I was ready to go home after 40 minutes of that. I then decided to talk myself to get onto the torture device (elliptical that changes incline and resistance) for 18 minutes. I was ready to quit at 7 minutes but I didn't let myself.

Oh also, I ordered some XL undies from Victoria's secret and they fit perfectly, maybe even a little big. I am so amazed to wear regular sized underwear, especially since I am a definite pear

Life is good
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 01:53 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Hi everyone. I just got home from the hospital it's 12:47 a.m My daughter had her baby at 11:30 p.m. It was very stressfull she had a few problems with blood presure and not going past 4cm they were going to give her a C- section. It didn't come to that. They tried some different meds and they seemed to work. She had a 9.38 oz boy. They both have a fever form an infection because my daughters water broke and they want a birth with in 24 hrs. She went 18 hrs so a bit of an infection set in. He seems very alert and she looks great. They were going to take a sample of his blood and get him on some anti biotic when I left. I believe that is what they said. I'm pretty tired so I'm off to bed. I did take some pic and I'll post one here. Thanks for asking how things are going. He has dark hair Lots and lots and a deep dimple on his chin.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:17 AM   #24  

Congratulations Mez!!! How does it feel to be a grandmother?? It sounds like things did not go smoothy for your daughter but at least she did not have to have the C-section. The recovery time is so much longer with C-sections. Hopefully they will get those infections cleared up quickly. 9.38, he was a whopper! 18 hours is a long time, did she have an epideral for pain? Once again Congrats Grandma.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:19 PM   #25  
Learning to love ME!

Congratulations, GRandma Mez! Hopefully the fevers are down, and the infections are cleared up already. What a wonderful time for you!

Tammy, it sounds like what you have could be a bone spur or this other thing that I forget the name of..."Planters" something or other. Kelly on the Biggest Loser had this thing I'm thinking of. I think I'm going to go to a podiatrist, although I don't really want a shot in my heel. and I'm afraid he or she will say "no exercise" for awhile.

Congrats, Celina, Heather, and Nelie (you sexy thing!). Sheila, as always, you're an inspiration.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:56 PM   #26  

Elliptical: 4 miles 37min 30sec (9.3 minutes per mile average) Cardio
Bike: 11.50 miles 37min 30sec (3.24 minutes per mile average) Not at Cardio but higher than fat burn. Whatever is between those two is what I did.

I'm going to have to start taking a pen and paper with me. I had to do the same amount of time on the bike as the elliptical, because I knew by the time I got home I would not remember what I did on each one.

Darlene, if it is not getting any better at all then I think you really probably should see the doctor. Yeah, they might tell you no exercise for awhile but once it is taken care of you won't have to worry about the pain anymore. I'm sure that will be a great relief.

Everybody is doing great this week. Let's see if we can keep it going tomorrow and then through the weekend.

I forgot this. When I am on the bike at the gym my mind flashbacks to the 80's to Olive Newton Johns video Physical. I sometimes wonder if I look like that(the big sweaty guys). I hope not.

Last edited by Tammy32; 01-20-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:16 PM   #27  
Live for the Moment!

Congrats Mez! That's so exciting!

As for me, oh did I ever move my kaboose today... ?! hehe.. I went to a "Dance Fever" class at my gym and learned a whole dance routine to Michael Jacksons " The way you make me feel"... Hehe! It was a fantastic workout and oh so much fun!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:04 AM   #28  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls! (and guys)

I just got back from the gym and I did 50 minutes of weights (shoulders) and then 28 minutes of elliptical. I also had a personal trainer approach me, which happens once in a while, but I told him I wasn't interested in doing personal training. He told me that he will do a fitness assessment for me one day though if I want but before my workout. I may do that one of these days.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:03 AM   #29  
Learning to love ME!

Yesterday I did step aerobics and pilates abs. No stairs--I worked at home, but I did do lots of housework (though my house is still a mess ).
Old 01-21-2005, 03:04 PM   #30  

I know this is not the weigh-in thread, but I don't care to post there. I weighed today and I maintained. I don't know how much more I can do to budge from this weight. I am staying OP, Exercising. I wonder if I am going to have to drop from 1200 calories down to 1000. I was losing pretty consistently on 1200 calories until I got to the weight I am at now (195). Anyways, just needed somewhere to vent a bit. Just kind of in that "giving up" mood. I am working so hard, yet I have nothing to show for it. I'm off to the gym, I am determined to not let this plateau get the best of me. I might want to give up, but I am trying my hardest not to.