3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Chit Chat Thread 01 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/51536-chit-chat-thread-01-a.html)

PamPSM644 01-09-2005 10:57 AM

Chit Chat Thread 01

Another group I enjoy visiting has a thread I think we need here. It's just for chatting with each other about what ever we want or need to.Sometimes you just need to connect with someone whos on a simular journey. It seems a really good way to get to know everyone. :coffee2: Good morning all. It's Sunday and wet here in Ca. Haven't been able to walk for 2 days but still lost some weight so I'm not as bumed about it as I might of been. Kitties are all in the house with the dogs staying warm and dry.Got nothing in particular to do today. What are you doing,fellow 3FC?

Raelynn 01-09-2005 02:18 PM

I wish it was raining here. The temperature right now is -17F/-27C and with the windchill it's -33F/-36C. I ventured outside to plug my van in, and I was surprised that it didn't feel that cold. I just cannot wait for warm weather again. I love hot (90F +) weather, and every single winter, I tell myself that I will not take the summer for granted and I will get out and enjoy the weather every day that I can. I've told my best friend to remind me of this in June lol.

I started having a dry throat last night, and this morning, I woke up with a cough. Considering I was just sick in November, I'm not impressed right now. I did still go do some weights a little while ago, at least get some workout in today. I bought this new Crunch Cardio Salsa workout video from Walmart for $8, and I absolutely love it. It's all just latin dancing, and she teaches you 5 different combinations. It's a 39min tape, and the time literally flies by, I've never had a workout go by so fast. And you get a good workout too.

I'm debating going for a nap. Sundays are so boring anyhow, and with it being so cold out, its not even worth trying to go anywhere. My daughter comes back early from her dad's place, and we (my ex and I) have to sit down and work out a new maintenance agreement for childsupport. Hopefully that runs smoothly. I'm sure it will, because I told him that we either sit down and work this out, or else we go to court, and the court will make him pay more than I am asking for (I'm asking for the base amount of childsupport for his income level, as well as 1/2 of daycare. The court would make him pay other expenses like healthcare, benefits etc, on top of the base amount and daycare). This will help me out huge, to get this, because the existing agreement we have is from 4 years ago, when I was in college, and getting daycare subsidy (thus, my daycare was only $100/month, and his childsupport is based off that).

Happy Sunday everyone!

~moon puppy~ 01-09-2005 09:44 PM

Raelynn how did your meeting go? Is he going to fork it over?
After reading your thread I am not going to complain about the 80 degree day we had here today. :p I was whining because we have such hot summers I look forward to some cool weather. Not Alberta Canada cool though :yikes: It is just not right to be sweating outside in January.

Raelynn 01-09-2005 09:58 PM

The meeting went really well. Just a pain because now we've filled it out, we need to get more copies made, then sign in front of a witness, then have the witness take the papers to a Commissionner of Oaths (sp?) to have it notarized. But he knows he has to pay, so he will.

I would love to trade you for even just one day of your Florida weather!!

djs06 01-10-2005 12:24 AM

Pam, good to hear from you! Congrats on your recent loss, I can't remember if I already posted that or not, haha. My dog isn't much a fan of the rain either. HOpe you had a nice relaxing day.

Raelynn, that meeting sounds unpleasant and a nuisance. At least it's over, right? So how old is your daughter? I remember seeing a pic of her and thinking that she's a real cutie, but I don't remember how old she is. Hey, that workout video sounds pretty cool. Maybe I'll make a stop at walmart sometime in the near future and check it out. My gym offers latin dance classes, but I feel way too self conscious dancing like that in public! I hope you feel better soon- get lots of vitamin c. :)

Not a very eventful day here-- I ordered a computer game because I'm a big, bored nerd- although, I will long for the days of boredom when I get back to school. Other than that, nothing really. Working at my mom's store, helping them move this week- should be exhausting. Money's money, though, especially when you're a poor student looking scrounging for dimes for the parking meter, :lol:

PamPSM644 01-10-2005 02:16 PM

Been raining here so long I don't remember what the sun looks like. It slowed to a drizzle so grabbed my umbrella , left the dog, and ran out for my walk. I can tell the differance if I slack for a few days,it seems harder.This is Ca and we don't know how to act in the rain.So far these storms have caused the death of 4 people. One woman ignored the road blocks warning of flooding and drove around them determined to cross anyway. She got stuck and was rescued but not before her 2 yr old was swept away. What can you say to this but shake your head.

Tammy32 01-10-2005 02:54 PM

Pam, I hear ya about the rain. I've only lived here two years but this year has had alot more rain than the first year I was here. I love the rain though, and I enjoy the cool weather. Guess you can tell I am not a native. It does shock me though that people don't slow down here when it rains even though they hear about people being killed because of driving to fast in the rain. I'm sure that being late somewhere is much better than not being alive. It kills me about how everyone is in a hurry here. I don't like it at all. I'll never get used to that. Several times I was almost hit in the crosswalk because people were in such a hurry they did not look or did not want to wait for me to get accross. It's just insane sometimes.

Ivanna B. Skinny 01-10-2005 03:16 PM

Hello to everybody! I havnt been around too much the past few weeks...been busy. Its raining here too, not at the moment, but it has been for a while. I'm having a REALLY hard time returning to my exercise regimen. I hurt my knee again and had to stop for a while, but now Im having a really hard time getting back into it. I went the other night, tried to do the elliptical ( I used to do an hour at a a time on it), but the old knee wouldnt let me, so I had to walk on the TM. I did 3 miles, and then biked 2, but it just doesnt feel like Im doing as much...I barely even broke a sweat at the pace I could go. I guess Ill just have to work my way back up to what I was doing. :p

I went in for a hair cut this morning, and I feel better about the way my head looks now...but it isnt exactly what I wanted...why cant we ever get THE EXACT haircut we ask for?? :?: Oh, well...enough b#*!%ing!

PamPSM644 01-11-2005 10:34 AM

:coffee2: Good morning everyone.The rain is finally stopping but not before Mother Nature reminded us who was the boss.Tammy, the worst place to drive or walk in Ca is Yucipa. It's a retirement town on the other side of Redlands. Almost everytime I've been there I've come close to losing my life. Ether broad sided or run over while walking in a crosswalk. It was always by a elderly driver.How are you and your son? Doing any better? Did you get a diagnosis yet?Ivanna, wow,hurt knee didn't slow you down.Your amazing. I try to walk 30 min each day and think I'm doing good.Raelyn,would love to send some of our rain to you. Never thought I'd hear myself say I've had enough.The landslide yesterday was awfull. They still think this morning that there are more people under all that dirt and rocks.One father is missing his wife and 3 children. Awfull.