Old 01-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #16  
Learning to love ME!

Moon puppy, I admire that you are able to exercise at all with such a little one! My ds is 10 1/2 months old and I have only recently been able to start an exercise routine. You are really dedicated!
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:42 AM   #17  

I have a dr's appointment for 3:15 this afternoon. My great husband called for me. How sweet was that. I'm still a bit apprehensive though. Oh well, you have to start somewhere and it's not like I have not done this before. It is practically the story of my life. I am just tired of not seeing positive results. How's that for a positive attitude?

MP, I sure sympathize with you. My daughter is almost 15 months old and only two weeks ago did she start sleeping through the night. Up until that point I was up several times in the night. I know just how exhausting that can be. Any exercise that you can squeeze in in the day is great. 3 miles on the treadmill was excellent. It's so hard to exercise when your energy is so depleted. I hope you have a good day today.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:45 AM   #18  
Ready to take care of me!

Thanks Gypsy......... The only way I can do it though is because my dh works Weekend nights only and he can watch the kids when I go to the gym. I only get short walks when I have to take both kids around the neighborhood. My two year old is a great motovator. He loves to go for a walk. He bugs me to death till we go every afternoon. Here is what I hear over and over and over etc...... till we go

Brady............ "mommy go outside"
"mommy go walk" Repeat 100 times!

Ugh and I could not wait for him to talk. Enjoy the peace while you have it.

Tammy.... oh please let my little one sleep through the night before 15 months! How do you do it?
~moon puppy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #19  
Learning to love ME!

Moon puppy, my ds sleeps through the night, more or less, and has for quite some time (I actually can't remember when he started to, but it's been at least since he was 6 months old). The trick for us was to have him sleep in the bed with us. I breastfeed him, so if he wants to nurse during the night, he helps himself and I stay pretty much asleep. I know co-sleeping is not for everyone, but for me it was a life-saver. I gave up on having him sleep on his own when he was about 2 months old.

Tammy, good luck with the doctor!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #20  

Darlene, We did the co-sleeping also. I have to chuckle because you have had such a positive expericence with it, and I had a not so good one. I was up at least twice every night to give her a bottle. Once we got her out of the bed and into her own bed and out of our room she started sleeping all night. I also was able to completely bottle break her. I miss her not being in the bed with me , but I sure do love not getting up in the night. She was very restless in our bed and caused both my husband and I to hardly sleep at all in the night. Our sleep was being constantly interrupted. It's funny how babies are so different. I wish I had been successful at breastfeeding

MP, I think that my daughter was an excpetion to most babies. I think a majority of babies start sleeping way before then. My son did. My other daughter had colic, it was ****. She did not sleep through the night until she was over a year old also. I don't have much luck with my babies sleeping through the night.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Darlene, you must be a pretty sound sleeper! I ended up kicking my daughter out of our room after a couple of months because I couldn't get any sleep with all the noises she made. My DH's job was to get her at night so I could nurse her, but at least we got some sleep in between feedings. And being my second child, I did things a lot differently than my first who, as I think I mentioned, didn't really sleep through the night until he was almost three.

3 mile WATP
20 min. stretching
biceps, triceps, shoulders (icy so I can't get to the gym for a full body workout)
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:37 PM   #22  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

Height: 5'6"

I actually exercised today. I rented Yourself Fitness... the game thingy for the Xbox, and I did 30 minutes of aerobics. It was too cool, and I was sweating like crazy at the end. I feel so good now. I am going to buy it.
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:39 PM   #23  

In order to get back on track after the holidays, i'll do laps at the pool 5 times this week (instead of 3).

Tonight is my third day in a row. I'll take a break tomorrow and swim the week-end away......Unless

.....Unless i go skiing with the nice lady i met during holidays....she, just like me is an outdoor activities junkie. and quite frankly very attractive...
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:39 PM   #24  
Learning to love ME!

Yes, Tammy, you're right that babies are so different! I'm glad you're able to sleep now. Fortunately my son is the sound sleeper, Sheila, and doesn't make noise while he sleeps. Our only challenge is that my dh and I are large people (but shrinking!), so it's kind of crowded. Many nights dh sleeps in the guest room.

Great workout Sheila, despite the ice! Jennasmom, how does Yourself Fitness work?

Today I took the morning off to catch up on some sleep and housework, but tonight I'll either to The Method show or my pilates abs routine, or both depending on when my son goes to sleep.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:56 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchiepolarbear
In order to get back on track after the holidays, i'll do laps at the pool 5 times this week (instead of 3).

Tonight is my third day in a row. I'll take a break tomorrow and swim the week-end away......Unless

.....Unless i go skiing with the nice lady i met during holidays....she, just like me is an outdoor activities junkie. and quite frankly very attractive...

Ohh la la Frenchi. Do dish the details!

You go Shelia!!!

Today I walked 45 mins and 15 mins on weight machines. I feel better today.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:05 AM   #26  

I saw the doctor. He was just one year out of medical school and had no idea what to do with me. That was expected. They are giving me a psych. consult. Now I have to wait for them to call and give me an appointment. I have to see that doctor in order to get my referral.

Walking: 1 mile
Elliptical: 40 minutes of cardio equalling four miles

FPB, great job on the exercise front. I think there is a hint of romance in the air.

MP, I'm glad that you are feeling better today.

JM, I want to try that Yourself Fitness. I'll rent it first also and give it a try. A few people here have tried it and liked it.

Sheila, I miss cold weather We don't get much to speak of here in Southern California. I'm not so sure that I miss icy weather though. I love snow though. Are you supposed to thaw out anytime soon?
Old 01-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I did 20 minutes of strength training last night.

I hear ya on the kids being different. Lilly was sleeping through the night by 8 weeks old. William was about a month later but he has reflux as well and that was causing him problems. Now if I can just get Lilly to keep her clothes on at night, we'll be good.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Tammy, sorry to hear about the flop of a doc... I've been to a few of them myself, not to mention some not so great experiences at the health center at school. It's really discouraging. I hope the reference he gives you will help. Have you made an appointment yet?

frenchie, good for you for going full speed ahead to make up for some lost time. you'll get some great results! swimming is one of the best exercises out there.

I went to visit a friend in NYC Tuesday-today (Friday) so I haven't been to the gym, and my eating hasn't been too great. *shrug* Gym tomorrow, then some more cleaning at my mom's store, so all should be just fine.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 08:57 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Tammy, hope the psych. consult doc is better than the one you saw today. You kind of knew going in that you were going to get a dud, but at least you got the referral.

15 min. outside walk
20 min. stretching
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:38 PM   #30  

Tammy, hope your next appointment goes better. One day at a time right?

Today
45 mins on
15 min walk with my ds