Old 12-22-2004, 01:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 273.5/see ticker/125-150???

Height: 5'2"

I think I'm going to try for 245 by 2/14. I'm currently between 252.75 and 256.75 (todays was four pounds less than yesterday, but I've had the stomach bug all last night -- ick!)

I don't think that's too much of a stretch -- only about ten pounds. But getting there and staying there, not going right back up again.... I would be happy
puff0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 02:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 170/153/135

Default I'm In!

OK, I have to admit that I have been visisting the site and reading the threads for a couple months now. I have decided to join in on this challenge. My Valentine's Day goal will be 155 (a loss of 14 pounds) I have lost 6 pounds so far! I am doing weight watchers, so this should not be that hard. Wish me luck and good luck to all of you on this thread!
Cole63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:32 PM   #18  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey there Cole, welcome!!

I thought "oh no, not another challenge!" when I first saw this because I've done so badly on these in the past. However I think I really need to do this one and work hard at it because I'm just not losing as fast as I should be. It is my diet, it really is. I'm exercising pretty regularly and I know I am improving my strength and endurance but I'm not losing weight because I'm still eating terribly. So I've resolved that starting right after Xmas I'm going all out on improving my eating, I know where my weak spots are and I know I can do this!

So bring on the Valentine's Challenge! I want to be in onderland by then, ambitious yes but not out of the range of impossible if I exercise regularly and watch my diet like a hawk. It is about 7 1/2 weeks from now and I know if I really keep to my dr phil diet that I could achieve my goal.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:55 PM   #19  
Trying to be a Loser

I haven't been on the boards for long, but I'm always in for a challenge.
My goal is going to be lose 10 lbs by Febuary 14.

Good luck everyone!!
Moniqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 04:31 PM   #20  

Default This ones for you dear Sarah..

Ok, I'm making this a special challenge. I was going to do inches, but I changed my mind seeing that I can't figure out what a normal inches loss is.

I'm am dedicating my weight loss for this Challenge to Sarah. Sarah is so strong and has so much courage it can not be compared. I can't even put in words how brave she is. She has amazing strength and determination! If Sarah can battle Cancer, I can at least lose a few pounds. You truly do INSPIRE me Sarah.

So, I have calculated that I would like to lose 8-12 pounds. You have given me renewed faith in myself Sarah, and I thank you for that.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:49 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Tammy, that is so sweet! WHat a nice idea. Sarah, I want to second that. You've given us all a heck of a lot of inspiration, and we love you for it (among many other things!)
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:30 PM   #22  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

My birthday is on the 12th and valentines day is the 14th so since 13 is right in the middle of the 2 dates . . . Im shooting for 13 pounds gone by Valentines day, which puts me at 190. 190? Me? 190? Someone catch me when I faint!

Good luck everyone!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:49 AM   #23  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy32
I'm am dedicating my weight loss for this Challenge to Sarah.
Oh, Tammy. Now why'd you have to go and make me cry???? You and Dana, both -- you guys are too much. Now here's the thing: I am stronger because of your support. I feel like you're my little angels that I carry around with me, I really do. It sounds crazy, but you really do give me so much strength.

Now, as for this Valentines Day Challenge Bidness: YOU HAVE THIS LICKED!!! I have no doubt whatsoever that you're going to finish impressively, and I'm going to be back here on February 15 to applaud your successes. I know this for a fact.

Alright, then, it's official: We're in it together. Now let's go out there and kick some ***. (Sorry for getting all NFL on you, but I FELT that! )
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 12:07 PM   #24  

Yep, yep, we are ready for some real Smackdown!! Gonna work like ****, and we are both going to see some darn positive results for our effort. Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, ok, I crack myself up, I am laughing and crying at the same time. Sometimes insanity is not so bad. We are going to kick so much major *** these next couple of months!! You know why?? Cause Failure is not an option!! Not ever!! Man I am siked now.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:14 PM   #25  
Learning to love ME!

Ooh, I'm inspired by y'all! I'm going to join the challenge. My goal is 15 pounds, which would put me at 243. Woo-hoo!
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:08 PM   #26  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I'm going to try & get back in my 22 jeans.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:30 PM   #27  

Thumbs up

OK, I AM READY FOR THIS

Rose from Cali
RosefromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:24 PM   #28  

Ooops... my name is mud. I didn't realize how much weight I'd gained and how close valentine's day is, so I'm going to have to call myself a new goal: 222 (instead of 215). That's put me back at my lowest 2004 weight and back to the drawing board. I'm a bit frustrated and annoyed with myself, but it's better to actually have the POSSIBILITY of making goal than to completely discrouage myself. Besides, this one's for Sarah, and I don't want to screw up
Old 12-29-2004, 11:49 PM   #29  

Wow, I came back to read this thread again. I need to come back and read it frequently. It gave me some renewed motivation even though I am sick. Dana, I know how discouraging your gain has been for you. When I gained back 10 pounds I was pretty much disgusted with myself. To be honest I started thinking that being fat really was not so bad. Heck, more and more people are overweight and outnumber the "normal" people now. But, I figured out that that would be the easy way and we all know the easy was tends to be the wrong way of doing things. Being healthy is way more beneficial than conforming to the majority. We are not conformists here! We are unique and think for ourselves!! We only want the best for our bodies and will settle for nothing less for our health!! Woooo...We Rock!! I love that feeling when you get your motivation back. This challenge is so special for me and I will not let myself down this time or Sarah. I am way better than that! You know why? Cause I'm the best! And Dana so are you and everyone else here! And Sarah's just makes the top of the list for best cause her battle is to fight for her life. In a way we are also fighting for our lives. If some of us don't lose this weight we are going to cut our lives short when we had every opportunity to change that fact. Do you want that for your family and loved ones? I know I don't want that. Just the simple facts. No beating around the bush. Hehe..Ok, I am done. Stay with it Dana you are going to suceed
Old 12-30-2004, 01:06 AM   #30  

Tammy, thank you so much for posting that. I think I should print it and tape (or find some way to permanently glue it) it to my refridgerator door. You're a good pep talker.