Old 12-14-2004, 04:05 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default 20 ways to win at losing weight (#9)

9. Don't forget the weights. The best fitness routine includes a combination of heart-rate-boosting exercise like jogging or stair stepping and resistance training, which means either lifting weights or using gym equiptment. cardio burns the fat; resistance training creates shape and increases muscle mass - and the more muscle mass you have, the faster your metabolism runs, even when you're resting.

My thoughts: I LOVE to lift weights. It makes me feel strong and powerful. I have never been one to worry about bulking up because I know that it takes ALOT of work to bulk up. Weights rule!!!!

Your thoughts?
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 04:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I too love weight resistance. I'm just now adding it to my workouts and i probably should've done it a long time ago. I'm just using some hand weights and a chair at home for now. Maybe one of these days when we win the lottery and have a huge house, I'll have an exercise room.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 05:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I, too, love lifting weights. I actually did weight training for the first time in the 1970s, when it wasn't routine to see a woman in the weight room. I was forever getting some guy asking me if I needed help. Perhaps I should have been flattered, but I was more annoyed than anything. Seeing my muscles develop makes me feel really good, and it certainly helps the ability to fit into smaller sizes at a higher weight.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote