Weekly weigh-in (Nov. 29-Dec.5)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Since it's almost 1 here in Oklahoma and I still don't see one of these threads, I'll go ahead and start.
    I gained about 3 pounds give or take and am back up to 265.5. I know what caused it and how to fix the problem. Looking forward to reporting those pounds gone next week.

How'd you do this week?
  • Weird... Dawnyal, I think we may have entered the Twilight Zone or something! I too was suprised nobody had started this thread yet, but I thought I must be missing it somewhere!

Well, I'm very pleased to report that I've lost 6 pounds over the last two weeks (I didn't weigh in here last week as I didn't have internet access). It's really a first for me not to go crazy over the holidays. I have to admit that I'm feeling pretty good about it. Just two more pounds until the 50-pound mark!

Dawnyal, hang in there. You'll probably lose it all this week. Look at it this way - you may have jump started your metabolism .
  • That is so awesome you lost 6 pounds even amidst a holiday. WTG and so close to the 50 pound mark as well. Do you have a reward set up for that milestone?
  • Funny, hubby asked me the same thing! I don't, really. I was going to wait until I hit 199 for a big one (still have to figure out what it is, though!). Maybe a spa day or something? I originally had my eye on a pair of very cute Fluevog shoes (way more expensive than I have *ever* bought). They look like Betty Boop or something...super cute! I'm very bad at rewarding myself, though!
  • Well, folks, no weigh in for me this Monday...Tom is here. Plus, Im fighting off some sort of funk thats going around...hubby had it all weekend. I htink I over medicated myself, b/c as Im sitting here typing, I feel kinda dizzy. I took 2 midol, and 2 dayquil at the same time... ooops. I didnt know that was too much. Actually, at the time, I felt too bad to care. Take care all, I hope you all had a great holiday weekend!
  • Jennifer that is awsome 6 pounds at this time of year. You are doing great.

I don't know if I'll lose or not this week. Probably not. I ate what I wanted on Thanksgiving but then I also piged out Saturday night. I went out taking photos with a friend Saturday and did really well eating. He wanted to go to Burger King and get this new Angus Burger. I had chicken and a salad. Then on the way home from his house I just caved in. I'd been thinking how good his burger looked all day. I hate how attached to food I am. So I will be thrilled if I can just stay the same weight. I did good Friday and Sunday plus today so who knows how it will effect the scales.
  • Same weight as last week,232,at least I didn't gain,Now back to the grind stone.
  • Well i'm still the same. I'm feeling better now and am eating properly again! Congratulations Jennifer!
  • Thanks, you guys! I appreciate the kind words. I had some off-plan meals, but I managed to balance it out better than usual (and exercised like a fiend!).

Now... (sung to the tune of "Where is Thumbkin")

"Where is Sarah? Where is Sarah?"

(Now is the part where Sarah pops up to say, "Here I am! Here I am!")
  • Where is thumkin!?!?! Now I have that tune in my head!!!
  • Dawnyal, Great attitude in spite of your gain. It's good to know that you know exactly what you need to do. You will see results in no time.

Jennifer, a 6 pound loss during the holidays is quite an accomplishment. Having so much self-control shows how strong you are. You should feel overjoyed and then some!

Amy Jo, I hope that your funk does not last as long as mine did. I was sick over two weeks. It was not pleasant. **** along with TOM, I feel really bad for you. Not fun to have both at the same time. I hope that you get to feeling better soon.

Pam and Annie, Great job on maintaining! Like always it is so much better to maintain than to gain.
  • Jennifer awesome Loss!!!

Dawnyal you’ll find your way the holidays are ruff.

Howie I know what you mean about being attached to food. I’m also craving a burger from Hardee’s I think the one that was posted not to long ago looked so good. We drove past there the other day and it smelled great! What has saved me is when I picture that burger I picture that ugly fat piled high. ( I’m don’t know how long that will work but I have my fingers crossed)

Pam / Annie Rose thumbs up on maintaining.

Amy Jo I hope you feel better.

I lost 1lbs.
  • Yep that picture was a hard one to get by for me. That thing looks so good.

On a good note I weighed at work just to check up on myself. I usually weigh a little heavy here and I still weigh 338. So no gain and I'm hoping by Friday to show a loss for the week when I weigh officially.
  • I'm here! I'm here!
    Quote: Now... (sung to the tune of "Where is Thumbkin")

"Where is Sarah? Where is Sarah?"

(Now is the part where Sarah pops up to say, "Here I am! Here I am!")
    Here I am! Here I am! I've was at a friend's house for a few days and without computer access for all but 5 minutes. Sheesh, I feel like I missed so much!! I'm all discombobulated! And Jen, I just completely heart you for noticing I wasn't here, you sweetie pie...
  • damn right howie that burger looked so awesome like i said though more appealing with lots of beer