Old 11-12-2004, 03:19 PM   #1  
Jennifer

Default Plateau Busters

Arrrgh. I'm so annoyed... For the past two weeks, I have wavered up and down between 223 and 225. I'll go down to 223, eat really well, but inexplicably bounce up to 224 or 225. Then the next day, I'm back down. I may not be gaining, but one thing's for sure -- I ain't losing!!!!

Anybody got any words of wisdom for me to kick this stupid plateau? My eats have been great this week (okay, minus yesterday when gobbled up 1900 cals, but otherwise, between 1400-1500 cals), and I've been exercising.

Do I need to drop my cals even lower (please say no, please say no!)? Anybody successfully busted a plateau?

Last edited by teapotdynamo; 11-12-2004 at 07:15 PM.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 04:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I think Raelynn posted recently that she was finally over hers. i've been stuck at the low 260s for the past 2-3 months and just now got below it. I'll let you know on Monday whether or not my scale dipped below 259.

My advice to you is keep doing what you are doing. Like you said this is a lifestyle change. If it doesn't move in another week or two then it might be time to evaluate your plan again and possible lower your calories (or add calories, or add exercise, etc.)
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 07:13 PM   #3  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Hey Jen,

Just keep pluggin on! Last week, I posted about the same problem. This week, I have lost 4 pounds. Sometimes things just level out. Your body will kick in again. Patience my dear! You will loose. I promise you. Patience!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:45 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Hi teapot .... I hope you don't mind my suggestions, I don't belong in this club, but I thought I could offer my 2 cents here... I plateau a lot, for some reason, after 2-3 weeks I fluctuate 2# just like you do. I just keep doing what I'm doing because I know it's a lifestyle and well I'm resigned to the thought that fluctuating 2# is better than gaining... Then ooops suddenly that fluctuation goes down 1# then I fluctuate in between those 2#, KWIM? I've only lost 15# in 11 months according to fitday that's .25# per week! But hey, now that I look back, WOW, I've lost 15#!!! Freakin' better than gaining!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 11:33 AM   #5  

Jennifer, I went through one just not very long ago. I solved it by journaling my food for a week or so. I figured out that I was eating over my calories. I was eating healthy foods, but to much. I bust my @ss on a 1200-1500 calorie diet and exercise almost everyday and basically only see around a 2lb loss per week doing so. Tweak your diet and exercise. Can't hurt trying a few different things. Heck yea, I agree with Ilene, a plateua is so much better than a gain! It's discouraging but you will get through it.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote