Old 11-12-2004, 12:03 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default anybody a nurse out there?

I thought we used to have one....
In this pregnancy and the last I used to get a lot of numbness in my hands..
Yesterday I noticed I now have it in my left thigh.. it tinkles a lot. Kind of painful. Should I be concerned? On my right side I have that stupid scatic (sp??) nerve bugging me everyday. Plus my breathing is terrible. My dr says that is okay - but I just feel like a loser. (and not the kind all of you are!)
I swear, I'm falling apart. I'm not sure how much of this is just my weight or my age (I'm 34) or just that I'm pregnant. I still have 3 months to go and getting out of chair is not that easy.

Thanks for letting me whine. Some days I swear I wonder what the heck I'm doing this for. I know, I know - - there will be a baby. but 3 months seems like a very long time away. I really wish I was in better shape... and there is nothing (its seems) that I can do about this until after the baby is born.

Thanks again... must be hormones.

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 02:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Ah, poor Dana! Luckily, it will all be worth it in the end when you hold that little sweetie in your arms. But getting there, whew! I had the numbness, too, and it sure felt weird.

You should be so proud of yourself for doing so well with your weight. Yeah, you're gaining, but that's to be expected, and you're not gaining all that much. You're certainly a winner in my book!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 04:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I think when you're pregnant you get an extra mark on your license that gives you the right to whine.

I remember my legs doing that a bit while I was PG. I think I just lay on my left side for about 20 mins. or so. I believe it's supposed to help with circulation. HTH
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 08:02 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

No, but my mom was!

Actually the sciatic condition is very common. If you remember the 56 year-old woman that just had twins, it was one of the things she complained of. You can find out a little more here: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pre...nervepain.html
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 09:30 PM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

thanks for your support...
just looking forward to this being done.

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 09:55 AM   #6  

Oh Dana, I feel for you. My daughter just turned a year old, but I can still remember the pregnancy like it was yesterday. I felt so bad all the time!! That glowing that alot of women have never came to me. I had gestational diabetes, the numbness, and could barely walk sometimes. I even had that numbness for several months after my daughter was born. I would drop things all the time and thought I had a serious illness. It scared me!!

I think Jessica is right on with pointing out the Sciatic condition. That is exactly what my doctor told me mine was. Hang in there, you are doing great. I know in a pregnancy three months feels like forever when you are not feeling well.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote