3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Mind if Join You?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/49191-mind-if-join-you.html)

SPOILDWoman 11-11-2004 08:47 AM

Mind if Join You??

Hi everyone! My name is Carol and I just started today. Or should I say, just started in earnest today. I have been playing at it for a while now and actually managed to lose close to 100# my freshman year of college. I kept it off for nearly 12 years and it's slowly crept back up on me. I finally realized I needed to make a change when my husband and I went to the fair this year. Last year was bad enough trying to fit into some rides but I've put on weight since then and actually avoided some rides because I was afraid I wouldn't fit. You would have to know my husband to know how bad I really felt about it. He is such a big kid and saved all year for us to go, not just because it was fun but because I never got to go when I was a child and he likes taking me and sharing it with me. He is such a sweetheart. I felt 1. I am young and should be enjoying this, 2. How pathetic are you that you can't fit into a ride??? and 3. that I was taking something special away from a wonderful man. So I decided it was time for a change. I got my treadmill, I got a bunch of veggies and I have a screen name on 3fatchicks, so I am ready to go. ;)

jiffypop 11-11-2004 09:35 AM

wow!!! you are ONE motivated person... go for it!!!! and you did the right thing by coming here. some of the smartest, wisest, funniest folks hang out...

ask lots of questions...

lessofsarahtolove 11-11-2004 09:43 AM

Hey there, Carol! I'm SO glad you joined us. Sounds like you're really ready -- and that you've got a great guy there, too! A strong support system can really help so much. In my experience 99% of this thing is a head game, so just keep your mind focused on taking one step after another, without getting discouraged because it doesn't come off all at once......and before you know it, you've got some wonderful progress under your belt and have settled into a groove. The beginning is the hardest, but plan, set yourself up for success, and come here as much as you can for additional support and information. We're a very kind and supportive group of people, and between us and your husband (and anyone else you've got on your side,) you'll have so much encouragement you won't know what to do with it all!

I applaud your first steps :cp: :cp: -- and I just know you're going to achieve all of your goals as long as you keep your head in the game. I'm happy that you're here, and if there's ever any way I can help out, just let me know! :grouphug:

Ivanna B. Skinny 11-11-2004 09:45 AM

Welcome Carol! :)

PamPSM644 11-11-2004 10:21 AM

Good for you and welcome.We can always use some new blood.Sounds like your ready to go .This site has been a real help to me. Some really wonderful people here. I've been wanting to return to Disneyland but I've also feared I'd have trouble sitting in the rides or getting around the park.I started at 290 in Aug and am 250 now. I'm hopping by spring I'll be going to Disneyland .

Orangecupcakez 11-11-2004 10:32 AM

Carol - I had a similar incident. This past summer we went to Canada's Wonderland. Tons of rides to go on! Years ago I could go on any ride ... well now I can't ... it is so embarrasing!!!!!!!! I couldn't go any rides ... how sad is that!!!! I know where you are coming from and I know how sad it is .... :(

But, it is time to make ourselves better! We can do it!!!

SPOILDWoman 11-11-2004 10:37 AM

Thank you so much for welcoming me. It means a great deal. Last time I lost all the weight I was 18, and lets face it, taking off pounds when you're 18 is a great deal different than taking them off at 32. Hubby and I want to try for kids very soon, but I am determined to lose weight before then. Not only for my health, the health of the baby, but I want to be able to enjoy being pregnant as much as possible. I have a cousin who was obese when she got pregnant. Instead of trying to walk a little each day she gave in to the fatique and just lay on the couch. At 9 months she barely had the energy to sit up in bed. That scares me a little.

I see a lot of you have lost a great deal of weight already and I think that is fantastic! How have you been doing it? Are any of you on special diets? You hear so much about Atkins, South Beach, Zone, etc. I am doing things the old fashioned way with balanced meals and lots of working out, but I'm curious to see what everyone else is doing.

What has helped you the most? What has been the biggest challenge? Are you noticing that people are treating you differently?

I am sorry for all the questions but I am fighting off a sugar craving. I have usually had a pop tart and a cup of sugary coffee by now (my breakfast) but I am proud to say I woke up this morning and had an eggwhite omlet and some fruit instead. I'm sipping on some crystal light and trying to figure out who I'm giving my candy dish to.
Carol

lessofsarahtolove 11-11-2004 10:45 AM

Carol, just an FYI, I'm looking forward to responding to those questions, but I'm going to have to do it in a little bit.....work, such an inconvenience! :lol:

For now, though, GREAT JOB on holding strong!!! The loss results from billions of little tiny decisions made with your real priority in mind......and you're making the right one right now!!

A wonderful woman who'd been tremendously successful with her weight loss is Beverly, and she has (had?) in her signature something like, "Don't sacrifice what you want the most for what you want right now." Amen to that! Words to live by, truly.

I'll be back in a bit to chat more.......but keep it up, girlfriend! Once you make it through your first day you'll be well on your way, I think, because then you'll know that the present you can do it too! :goodvibes

barbygirl43 11-11-2004 10:51 AM

Hi and welcome. Sounds like you are off to a great start.

What has helped you the most? Not giving up. I know that sounds hokey but it is true. My weightloss efforts this time have been at a slower than snail's pace and in the past I would've just given up, went back to my unhealthy eating and ballooned back up. Not this time. I know this is forever and if the weight wants to come off at 1 pound every 3 weeks, at least it is coming off and not going back on.

What has been the biggest challenge? Making myself a top priority and fitting in exercise. We have 3 children (2 under 2) and both Jeff and I work full-time with different schedules so it's been a challenge to find "me" time. I've forced myself to start getting up an extra 15-45 mins. in the morning to do Walk Away the Pounds tapes so I get in my exercise.

Are you noticing that people are treating you differently? No. But the people who know me, know who I am and how I am. I don't get criticized if I decide to eat 5 slices of pizza nor do I get criticized if I only eat carrots and celery for lunch. I've told them I'm in this for good. This is not a diet. It is something I plan on doing the rest of my life. I do not limit foods. If I want a slice of cheescake I eat it. I also know that by eating that slice I probably won't lose any weight from it but I have to be willing to accept that fact.

chipper15173 11-11-2004 10:55 AM

Morning Carol; Welcome. I know that fair. Where is SC you from? I live in Summerville, I too was at the fair twice. I don't do rides, but, we usally eat dinner there, and I feel werid because of the food you get there. I didn't even get my Elephant ears this year. Everyone looks at you. I am feeling tight when I sit in the booths now at resturants. I am afraid I might get stuck. I did when I was pragant. Of course I had a reason then. I am begining my new life style on Monday. Thanks to everyone here. They all have been great surporters in helping me find my way of thinking. Welcome.
Chipper

SPOILDWoman 11-11-2004 11:12 AM

Hi Chipper! I live in Sumter and work in Darlington. Hubby and I are looking for a house in Olanta ( a little burb of Florence) so you could say I am pretty much all over the PEE DEE! lol

howie6267 11-11-2004 11:18 AM

Hi Carol nice to meet you. Sounds like your really on fire. You can do it. Your eating plan really sounds good to me. That is pretty much what I'm doing. I count calories 1800 a day and try to stay around 40 grams of fat per day. I am also trying to eat at least 5 servings of fruits or vegetables.

The only thing I notice with people is complements here and there. They don't reealy treat me any different. I also feel more secure when I go by a group of people and they are laughing. I don't always feel like they are laughing at me.

Sheila53 11-11-2004 01:24 PM

Welcome! It sounds like you're ready to go.

Like Dawnyal, I think persistence is the key to my weight loss. I go two steps forward and one step back, but I've stuck with it. As far as people treating me differently, I'd have to say yes. I felt like I was the invisible woman at 261, although perhaps I was giving off the vibe. Now people talk to me everywhere I go.

Post often and let us know how you're doing. We have monthly challenges and special challenges to provide you with some goal setting.

glynne 11-11-2004 02:54 PM

Welcome Carol ~ this is a wonderful place ~ the people are teriffic ~ inspiring , encouraging, understanding, helpful ~ I could go on and on!!

We're glad you're here!!

boiaby 11-11-2004 04:34 PM

Hi Carol, welcome! It sounds like you're ready for this, and what's more, you know it can be done since you've done it before. Sure, things may be different now, but you'll be handling it differently as well. I can totally relate about the rides at the fair. I've got to say that is one of the things I missed most while I was too large to fit in them. And now, one of the things I take the greatest pleasure from when ever I get the chance to go. It makes it so much sweeter when you get back some of the precious things you've lost. So good luck to you, and hang on cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride!! Just remember, you can do this, so never ever give up!

Beverly