3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weekly Exercise - I did it! Nov 8 - 14 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/49043-weekly-exercise-i-did-nov-8-14-a.html)

lessofsarahtolove 11-08-2004 11:05 AM

Weekly Exercise - I did it! Nov 8 - 14

Hello, sports fans! Well, I'm (with gratitude) robbing this wonderful thread idea from elsewhere on the site. It seemed to me that it would be a good idea to have a weekly thread here within our group devoted to exercise check-in; my thought is that it will help us to keep ourselves accountable for getting in some daily exercise, help us to motivate one another, and just plain be interesting since we like each other and are interested in how it's going for one another!

So, if you want to participate, just log in and give a quick post with an update on what you accomplished in the way of daily exercise! Doesn't have to be a big, long-winded explanation -- just the quick and the dirty, unless you have more to say!

Jazzmine 11-08-2004 01:47 PM

2 mile watp w/ alternating 3 and 5 pound weights. Working my way up to 5# weights all the time

almost 2 mile walk outside this am

barbygirl43 11-08-2004 02:21 PM

3 mile WATP for abs in AM

heather_dw 11-08-2004 04:14 PM

One mile Leslie WATP dvd:-) I will do reps with the 5lb weight later while I am watching tv:-)

djs06 11-08-2004 05:23 PM

12 minutes stairmaster, 33 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes upper body weights

lessofsarahtolove 11-08-2004 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djs06
12 minutes stairmaster, 33 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes upper body weights

Yikes, Dana!! :eek: Everybody stand back, she's going to burst into flames!! :flame: :flame:

I ended up staying late, late, late at work, so I didn't get to do my planned workout. But I did have a little time, so I did 2 miles of Leslie's 4-mile Challenge (the pace is a lot faster.) So that's it for me today. I think I'm just going to watch Dana watch out...... :lol:

Great job, EVERYBODY! :yes:

Sheila53 11-08-2004 09:26 PM

1 hour deep water aerobics
20 min. stretching
1 mile walk

djs06 11-08-2004 10:29 PM

:lol: sarah you are a goof!

teapotdynamo 11-09-2004 09:54 AM

Dana, doesn't the StairMurderer kick your ***? It surely does mine!!!! The most I've EVER done was 30 minutes (2 or 3 times), and I haven't been able to repeat it since. I find that time just sort of stops when I'm on it, and I can look back at the timer what seems like an hour later, and it's just 30 seconds!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm back in the game. Just 35 minutes on the cross-trainer this morning, but I worked really hard with the resistance (I tried Level 14 for the first time, but only for 3 minutes!). The good news is that it's a LOT harder to get my heart rate up than it used to be.

Good luck to everybody. Anybody really want to *push* with me this week? I need some inspiration.

PamPSM644 11-09-2004 10:15 AM

:coffee: I measure by "blocks". I walk two blocks everyday now.I wonder how many cals it burn?

lessofsarahtolove 11-09-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teapotdynamo
Good luck to everybody. Anybody really want to *push* with me this week? I need some inspiration.

Ahoy Matey, I'm in. Rarrrrr. :s: (Ok, I don't entirely know where I'm coming from with the nautical/piratey reference, but I'm in dagnabbit it!)

I'm going to exercise every day this week, with activities to include: WATP walking with weights, HIIT biking, lower body walking workouts using a ramp at the highest height (with lunges and squats,) a step workout by Cathe Friedrich, and free weights.

Other news on the exercise front: I've ordered another [less "choreographic"] step workout from Kathy Smith, and also Kathy Smith's Lifting Weights to Lose Weight. (Nod to funniegrrl here. :yes: ) After doing some research on challenging step workouts that are more basically (or "athletically") choreographed, I decided on the former. As for the latter, while I am an intermediate lifter, I need some shorter routines that I can more easily fit in than the full hour routines I've been struggling to find time for in the midst of all the cardio. I want to do both, and think that this will be helpful. I intend to use heavier weights than she does, though. Again, research helped me to decide on this one for starters; my intention is to start with this weight training DVD and get into a routine, then I'll move into longer weights workouts. I'm going build on this weekly routine from here, since this whole video/DVD workout thang is just really working for me. I don't have a gym membership, and I'm finding that I'm responding well to the structure, the variety, and "finite" timeframe provided by these videos. Totally working for me at this stage. :)

So, lovely Jennifer, I'm down for a "Move the ***" week......'cuz I got it like that. ;)

teapotdynamo 11-09-2004 11:00 AM

Woo hoo! Sarah's in! Sarah's in!

I too am going to work out every day, and I'm going to do my cardio (including the aforementioned StairMurdererer) and weights. Rock on, us.

lessofsarahtolove 11-09-2004 11:16 AM

Ok, Madame J -- here's my commitment for tonight:

* HIIT biking for 20 minutes
* Ramp workout for 45 minutes with 6 lb. pair of Iron Hands; this workout really emphasizes the glutes and hams, and is NOT easy. (Look at me trying to make myself look like a tough guy :lol: -- no REALLY! -- it's actually quite a good workout when you do it on the highest level of the ramp. The workout itself doesn't encourage as much use of the arms as I'd like, so I'm adding a lot of those movements myself for added intensity and more of an upper body workout.

Anyway, that's the plan for tonight! The key will be to hold strong when my sweetie tries to get me to make dinner and hang out with her sooner. I must resist! I must resist! I must resist!

Annie-Rose 11-09-2004 02:07 PM

Feeling grumpy and my body is lumpy!!!!!!!!

Hello me hearties! (Carrying on the pirate theme!)
I did 2 miles of WATP this morning. I'm a bit fed up because my dance class has folded. It's strange because it was full til I went. :?: How will the world of dance manage without me???? :( Also (just to continue grumping along) it's too dark to ride my bike. I set of for work in the dark and get home in the dark so I don't think I should be riding in the woods!! :fr: I'm spending a lot more time with Leslie but I'm looking out for something else... not sure what :shrug: yet. I love riding my bike! :sorry:

Annie-Rose 11-09-2004 02:09 PM

P.S you are all doing so well. It's truly excellent!!!!