3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Off Topic: Any "crafty" people out there? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/48969-off-topic-any-crafty-people-out-there.html)

Ivanna B. Skinny 11-06-2004 08:22 PM

Off Topic: Any "crafty" people out there?

I always like to hear about other crafters crafts. I myself love to crochet, sew, scrapbook, and paint. I was just wondering if there were any other crafters on this board. If there are, Id love to see some pics of your favorite projects, and to share some of mine. Amy Jo

jiffypop 11-07-2004 08:28 AM

pics of my stuff??? i'm not that organized!!!! right now, i'm knitting up a storm [keeps me from eating!] and i also love making pins out of rubber stamps. and i'm starting to buy beading magazines [because i need something else to do????? ack!!!!] - the combination of yarn and beads is almost irresistable.

i've also done pottery and sculpting in the past, but i don't have time or space for that these days.

needlepoint. embroidery. lace making. counted cross stitch. and work SO interferes with all this stuff...

hope others come around and fess up!!!!

Ivanna B. Skinny 11-07-2004 09:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
ooooh Jiffy I love beading, too, but I don't really have the time for it anymore. I know how to crossstitch, but I never relly enjoyed it. This fall, I've been crocheting poncos galore! I've sold about 10 of them, so I guess it's worth the time I put into it!

Heres a couple of ponchos I've made for my daughter

djs06 11-07-2004 10:32 AM

Amy Jo! your daughter is absolutely adorable.. makes my ovaries ache :lol:

What cute ponchos, too

mezmerize 11-07-2004 11:20 AM

I love to craft! I do all kinds... I make homemade cards, match book,gum wrappers, pop cans/bottls, you name it I put the party theme on it. I haven't done this for pay just for family parties. About a year ago I tried balloon figures. Now I force (;) ) myself on family at parties I also face paint. We have lots of little ones. We had a baby shower for my daughter yesterday and I make a stuffed balloon with a teddybear and Sleeper. I would love to learn to knit or crocheting things. I did buy a book on knitting I didn't understand some of the directions so I haven't tried that in awhile. I have made a few bead rings and such nothing really fancy. I hop around with crafts I try a bit of everything. So many crafts sooooo little time. I'll post some pictures when I get them back.
Mez

I love those ponchos! Such a cutie for a model!!

heather_dw 11-07-2004 03:05 PM

I dont have any pictures either of my crafts, if you count my candles. I do candles, soap, crochet, (would love to learn to knit) Cross stitch. My mom says that I am one of those people that can learn to do just about any craft! I love crafts,.. so christmas is my fave time of year.

SwimGirl 11-07-2004 03:28 PM

I like to think I am "crafty", but I don't know if what I do counts.. I just wrap pretty damn beautifully (if I do say so myself). Also, I give elaborate presents. For example for my boyfriends co-worker and her husband, I am making them a gift basket, filled with totally "them" presents. I have sold gift baskets in the past, but have moved and haven't bothered to persue that. I used to bead, and sell those too, good money, when I was younger I used to sell necklaces for 45 bucks a pop. And I don't have pictures either :(

dharmaspell 11-07-2004 03:45 PM

I crosstitch but I don't have any picts. I just bought a scanner so maybe one day...

tolose85 11-07-2004 04:39 PM

Amy jo. I think you have the cutest little girl in the world!!!! She is so adorable. I love the ponchos.. I take a medium.. hee hee..

lessofsarahtolove 11-07-2004 04:59 PM

Amy Jo, she is so CUTE!! And she's quite the little ham standing on that kitchen table so proudly! :lol: ADORABLE!

Sheila53 11-07-2004 07:38 PM

How cute! Love those ponchos.

Just had to look at this thread to see what all you crafty people do. I have a major lack of crafting ability. Nonncrafters, Unite!

lessofsarahtolove 11-07-2004 09:06 PM

Count me in, Sheila! :lol:

Jillegal 11-07-2004 09:19 PM

Adorable ponchos (and even moreso the daughter)!

I used to be the cross-stitch queen who was called on to make elaborate creations for hanging in baby rooms. Many of those creations still adorn the walls of bedrooms occupied by teenagers now. Another one of my crazes was ceramics - everything from delicate christmas ornaments to bavarian style beer steins. I've pretty much given up my Martha Stewart ways now, although I make seasonal wreaths from time to time. I never really considered myself much of a crafter, as for being crafty...? ;)

vivian10 11-07-2004 10:25 PM

I sew (have a 4 yr quilt 'still' in progress!!), make all sorts of things from wood and do some painting. I love to make funky little things for our home...but it is so hard to find the time lately.

Raelynn 11-07-2004 10:29 PM

Amy Jo - she is adorable!!! :D

I love doing crafty things. I'm getting married in June - so I'm so excited about everything I get to make!