Non Scale Victorys - November

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I will start this thread for this month. I went to the vets office today. They have lawn chairs in there waiting room. I sat down in one and I noticed my butt was smaller than the chair. These were the the chairs in the past that I had to hold on to make sure they did not come up with me. So that made me real happy.
  • WTG Howie. That is super.

I already have one for the month as well. I told myself last week that I would make a menu out (breakfast, lunch, dinner and acceptable snacks) for the week and I did. Now the goal is to make sure I stick to it.
  • Good for you Dawnyal. You can do it.
  • I have re-begun my exercise plan starting today. I got my butt out the door and walked for 45 min.
  • Nice one Howie, Dawnyal and Victoria!

In the spirit of taking it 'one day at a time' I am writing myself out a daily menu each evening - this allows to take into account 'what I fancy'. I stuck to todays menu 100% and have tomorrows menu ready!

And I went swimming after a month long break!

Love Amanda x
  • Excellent Amanda, Howie, Dawnyal and Teresa!
    xx Annie
  • great job you guys!!!

i don't have any yet but hope to soon.
  • Wow Howie, Dawnyl, Victoria and Amanda... Great news.. That is great great great!!!

You all are such inspirations, and I really need it right about now!

My NSV... I am wearing a 10 on a regular basis!! I can't even believe it! Next stop... size 8!
  • Ok I have 2 to share...

Today, I was at the store and saw some winter gloves, which I decided to try one without seeing what size it was. I put the glove on and it fit fine, in fact it was a bit too big. I checked the size and it was small. I was couldn't believe it, I've always had big hands for a woman. So then I tried on the extra small gloves, they fit perfectly, so I bought those.

The next one is me being stupid. I was at the gym and then I felt a spot right below my ribs that felt hard. I become concerned about having a hard spot that I didn't know what it was nor have I felt it before. I soon realized it was my abs. I've felt my abs before in the middle of my stomach but never towards the side, so now I can feel my abs on the side.
  • Gretchen in a size 10 all the way that is super. I can't remember the last time I was in a size 10, probably 5th grade

nelie that is super that you have abs (I mean we all have abs to to actually feel them is awesome and then to be wearing super small gloves, wow. I think a medium is the smallest I've been able to squeeze my hands into.
  • Nelie that is great. I know I can start to feel my ribs again. That is a nice feeling. Plus the added bonus of fitting into something smaller just tops it off.

Gretchen you skinny thing. Size 10 that has to feel great.
  • i have one! yesterday i had a confernce with my son's teacher and i wore a VERY loose pair of 22 jeans (i'm actually kinda sad because they are my favorite jeans LOL but not sad enough to see them go) and a size 2X shirt!

so i guess i'm down a size all over. but i'm still having a bad week. been sick, the kids have been sick... the election has my stomach in knots. i can't wait for this week to be over!
  • That is just a great feeling when clothes feel looser! Hope you and your children are better soon.
  • I can totally see the bony bumps on the outside edges of my wrists and I had to make my watch band smaller when it started spinning around. Love the bumps (can't stop looking at them, hope that doesn't sound too weird, it's just so cool)--they look like skinny girl wrists!!

Shelly, hope you're feeling better today and congrats on the smaller clothes!
  • this is just awesome! i am so happy for all you guys!

i went shopping yesterday... found some stuff on sale that i couldn't pass up, even though i'm broke, because i needed some new clothes. so i got 2 shirts... size 22/24 !!! usually i have to get 26/28. and i got a pair of jeans. they are a juniors 19!!! (when i started WW i was in a 24W) they are a little snug in the butt and thighs (a huge problem area for me, even when i'm not so heavy) but i got them buttoned and zipped!