Old 10-10-2004, 07:21 PM   #1  
There is no try, only DO

Default The bad.. the GOOD.. the EVEN BETTER..

The bad.. DH talked me into going out with him for dinner last night. Can we say.. OFF plan . So, we went to Friendly's and got these killer honey bbq chicken strips. They also happen to come with a heap of fries and coleslaw (ouch), and I ordered a vanilla coke.

The GOOD.. Normally, I can wolf down a Friendly's meal, two or three vanilla cokes, and the ice cream sundae to boot. Last night I ate half my chicken (3 strips), only a few fries, and a few bites of coleslaw. I only had 1 coke. I was SO stuffed that I thought I would die. I've never walked out of there carrying leftovers before, and here I went with more than half my dinner.

The EVEN BETTER.. I came home, handed my 13 year old son the container and said "it's all yours". I never would have done this before, especially not with something that tasted so good. Normally I would have just picked him up something else on the way home. Instead, I left that restaurant knowing I was going to give it to him, and glad to be rid of it.

This is SUCH a big change for me. I may have gone off plan for one evening, but I'm back on today and feeling fantastic. I conquored the food instead of it ruling me. Maybe this seems silly to some of you, but for me it's a night and day difference in myself, and I'm proud of this accomplishment.

I've been on plan since 9/29 except for last night, and though I don't see any changes in the mirror or my clothes yet, it seems my stomach is shrinking and my will power is growing.

I'm just really happy I was able to achieve control with food for once and thought I would share. Thanks for listening.

Heather
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 07:36 PM   #2  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Congratulations, Heather -- that's HUGE progress! I'm really proud of you too!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:15 PM   #3  
missaprylj

That's AWESOME. If you keep that up, WOW! Great job!
Old 10-10-2004, 09:25 PM   #4  

That is a major step! I take off days now and then but I never eat as much as I used to, I just can't eat that much! It is a great feeling to feel in control. Congradulations!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:03 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Heather!! That it just great!! Congratulations. I think it's amazing when we can see the changes in ourselves, especially when they are related to our relationship to our food!

Keep it up!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:13 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good for you Heather. That is such a good feeling to know your getting full on so much less food.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 07:52 AM   #7  
There is no try, only DO

Thanks everyone! I'm still floating on this. It's such an amazing thing to feel your body say "full".. "enough".. and then to just stop eating.

I managed to actually do 15 minutes of yoga/pilates yesterday (my first time), after having already spent 2.5 hours walking around Walmart. Excercise.. whooo.. go me! My abs are killing me this morning lol.

I can't believe how wonderful and positive I feel, knowing this time I'm doing it all the way. I can finally really see the horizon.. and it's a beach in St. Croix, with me on it, in a bathing suit!

Heather
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:26 AM   #8  
Abby's Mommy

Heather, you're on your way!!! Good Job!!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:48 AM   #9  
PamPSM644

Thats the ticket,Heather,you've changed your eating habits.In the long run I'd think thats far more important then what you ate at the restaurant.We can't change our bodies unless we change how we think about food. You go girl!
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

That's wonderful, Heather! WTG!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:14 PM   #11  
Live for the Moment!

Good for you Heather! It's all these little changes that add up to 1 HUGE change, which of course will be your final result!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I don't think that is silly at all. I think you did super. As soon as you knew you would be eating out you already starting planning what you would do and you stuck to it. That's been my problem lately has been sticking to what I plan.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 09:37 PM   #13  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Great job! I don't know if I would have the will power to push those fries away. I am very happy for you!!!!!!!!!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote