Old 10-12-2004, 08:44 AM   #16  
There is no try, only DO

yesterday I did 4.5 hours of heavy cleaning (moving furniture, cleaning carpets, reorganizing, etc.) not sure how much that counts for, but has to be something.

Today I'm planning to do my yoga/pilates tape. Hopefully I'll also be able to get in a 1/2 mile walk around the block.
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:46 AM   #17  
Jennifer

I did 40 minutes of HIIT on the cross-trainer today. No time for weights .
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:10 AM   #18  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Shelly, does your pedometer have a sensitivity setting? Most do. Mine actually doesn't (or I haven't figured out how to use it) but it is so damn accurate, I'm guessing it doesn't need one.

An update to my steps for yesterday was really 7077 which is 2.01 miles. My pedometer has a memory of 7 days back and knows what time it is so it resets to 0 when it is a new day. I never thought I'd like a pedometer this much, but I really really like this one.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:05 PM   #19  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Just got back from the gym. did 10 minutes on the treadmill and 25 on the eliptical machine. Was too wiped to do any weights, besides I only had time for one or the other so I did cardio.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:46 PM   #20  
Abby's Mommy

Hi All!
Last night I did 40 mins on the elliptical, a circut of the weight machines (arms&legs) and did Abs, too! Great workout--it felt great!! Amy
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:49 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

After slacking off for 2 whole days I did a mile of my 2 mile dvd. I dont know what it is but i havent been off plan, but I am slacking a bit. Dont know if it is lack of results, or just the blah's...hmm...lol
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:56 PM   #22  
Abby's Mommy

25 mins on the elliptical tonight...too tired for more.
Did abs, too, though.

Congrats on the mile Heather...you'll get back into the swing of things!
Old 10-12-2004, 11:28 PM   #23  
Just Me

I played basketball during lunch time, it was kind of amazing because it is 3 on 3 basketball, 2 guys 1 girl and I was paired up against a runner (the girl runs something like 10 miles a day if not more) and I was able to keep up with her. She even got tired of me because I was able to block her so well when she had control of the ball.

I then went to the gym as well and did 45 minutes of shoulders work.

Last edited by nelie; 10-13-2004 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:38 AM   #24  

Nelie - that's fantastic, sounds like you are super-fit!
I walked for 15 mins on Monday, walked for 10 mins yesterday.....and am finally going to make it to the gym/pool tonight. Its been a busy couple of days....not a good excuse, but true!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:53 PM   #25  

Yesterday was a milestone for me. I ran a mile for the first time in my life, even when I was in school I could not run even a quarter of a mile! It was a major goal for me
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:10 PM   #26  
Abby's Mommy

Congratulations Julie on that MILE!!! What an accomplishment!!!
--Today I did 35 on the elliptical (using the "fatburning interval" setting! WHEW!!) 1 circut of the weight machines (and I upped the weight to 35lbs on arms!). Then I came home to do abs---I'm exhausted, but in that good way!! I cant velieve that I've actually exercised 3 days in a row! For me, that's a feat!
Old 10-13-2004, 02:36 PM   #27  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I got to the gym this morning, did 20 minutes on each the elliptical and treadmill and also did some weights.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 04:19 PM   #28  
beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie
Shelly, does your pedometer have a sensitivity setting? Most do. Mine actually doesn't (or I haven't figured out how to use it) but it is so damn accurate, I'm guessing it doesn't need one.

all mine has is mode (which is where you can view the miles or the steps its counting), set (where you set how far you step from 12 inches to 60 inches (i think you'd have to be pretty darn tall to have it on 60) and i reset it to 12 since i'm so short but its still not counting right), and reset. i'll take a pic later and post it. it was the cheapy one at wal mart. if i had the case it came in i'd take it back and get the better one that counts calories and has the date and all that.

yesterday i walked around wal mart for a while and then came home and did 3 miles. i planned on getting in 2 miles today but i have a splitting headache and nothing is working for it. i'm actually at 98, i was wanting to hit 100 today but i guess it will just have to wait til tomorrow.

so tomorrow i'll hit 100 and maybe do 3 more for a total of 5 and i plan on doing some heavy duty house cleaning because the kids have this place just totally wrecked! and dillon lost his new glasses so i think i'll tackle the bedroom again starting tonight to see if i can find them.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 04:42 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Well, i did my mile and when i wanted to stop, i made myself walk an extra minute. I dont know what I would do without me Leslie Dvd..lol

great job everyone on all the exercising!
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 04:50 PM   #30  
Just Me

Shelly, since I bought my new pedometer, I realized how much pedometers could vary. My first pedometer (I got it free so it was a cheap one) had a sensitivity setting but that is it. The only problem with it is that if you hit the reset button, which it was really easy to do, for a millisecond, then you were set back to zero. With my current pedometer, you have to push it in hard for a few seconds for it to reset. I measured my stride, which I have short legs as well, and it was 18 inches so my pedometer can count how many miles a day I walk just doing my ordinary tasks and so far my average is about 2 miles.