3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   OT: Your H.S. Team Name (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/47693-ot-your-h-s-team-name.html)

missaprylj 10-07-2004 11:30 PM

OT: Your H.S. Team Name

Hey everyone! HAPPY FRIDAY!

(Yes, Celina, I know that it's Thursday, but it is 10:25 and I imagine that when most people read this it will be Friday! :p :p :p )

It's our Home-Coming this weekend! Our H.S. team name is the "Oredockers" because there used to be a lot of ore docks in town; ore boats and railroads were our big thing back in the day.

What was your team's name in school? Was it something generic like The Wildcats or The Bears? Or was it something off-beat like The Flippers or The Midgets? (Both local team names!) :cool:

nelie 10-07-2004 11:37 PM

We were the Pirates, what is more interesting is my college which was the Anteaters.

SkinnyBoPeep 10-07-2004 11:41 PM

Hee Hee-- We were the Koalas. Can you think of anything more fierce and intimidating?! Grrrrr! Watch out, we'll "cute" you to death!

Fitbabe 10-07-2004 11:54 PM

We were the Dolphins -- imagine a cartoon dolphin with a mean looking face - that was our mascot

lessofsarahtolove 10-08-2004 12:04 AM

We were the "Green Wave" -- go, Greenies!!!

jkfla 10-08-2004 12:25 AM

the high school i went to was the panthers. but here in town we also have the cougars, cubs (the junior high i went to), pirates (the school down the road from me), wildcats (the elementary school i went to), wolves and our college is the tigers.

and yes koalas are soooo darn cute!

Goddess Jessica 10-08-2004 12:58 AM

Fitbabe - Dolphins with a mean face... I just can't picture it.

Well, our HS had two teams. The Lions. Which was every team but the team I was on. I was a swimmer and the swim team just couldn't picture a lion doing the backstroke so, we ended up being The River Rats (my town was on a river and if you've ever lived on a river, you know the river rat legends). We even had a team mascot - a cute little Rattie that hung out on our shoulders.

SwimGirl 10-08-2004 01:36 AM

I was also on the swim team and we were the Nelson Neptunes and my high school was the L.V. Rogers Bombers, and dispite the name they did REALLY well ;) MY college team were the Falcons, and my university swim team was the UBC dolphins, thats a lot of different schools/teams I was on from age 17-22!!

TXMomof3 10-08-2004 02:04 AM

My high school team was the Hawks (back in NY).
My daughter's high school team is the Lobo's.

glynne 10-08-2004 02:14 AM

My high school team was the Crestwood Red Devils
College was University of Cincinnati Bearcats

JennasMom 10-08-2004 07:21 AM

My high school team was the Muckers.

lil_cara_mia 10-08-2004 08:31 AM

My high school was the Panthers.

My son is in 7th grade (Jr/Sr. high) and they are the Indians.

Charbar 10-08-2004 09:22 AM

I was "sent" to Catholic (yes, I have issues :lol: ) we were the Saints.. what a joke that was! :rofl:
I never payed attn to sports in university ... Americans are much bigger in school sports then Canadians.

Dana

BA99TJ 10-08-2004 09:29 AM

we were the Chieftans :) Then in college I think we were the Falcons.

Sheila53 10-08-2004 11:33 AM

We were the Seahawks. Those dang pro football guys stole our name!

In college, I started out a Beaver, then graduated a Viking. Then further college education made me a Ram and finally a Bronco.

Love the Anteaters, Nelie. May I ask where that is? A Geoduck (it's a type of clam) is the team name for one of the liberal arts colleges in my state. I thought that was one of the strangest names I've heard, but I'm liking Anteater, too.