3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Successes! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/47241-successes.html)

nelie 09-28-2004 12:41 AM

Successes!

Ok I know I could post this elsewhere, but I've had such a great day, I had to share.

Today, I went to Costco and I saw Champion exercise pants there from sizes S to XL. Of course I thought I was dreaming, but I looked at the
size XL pants (approximately 16-18 size) and I thought "hmm these look like they will fit". Of course I like fitted pants for exercising but I don't try to go with "If I bend over, I'm going to split these in half" or even "these pants create a huge bulge at the waist". So I decided to buy them and when I got home, I tried them on and they fit perfectly and I wore them to the gym. I can't believe I am wearing a quasi normal size.

Then I went to the gym and weighed myself and the scale lingered at 300 lbs for a few moments and I almost got super happy but then it settled on 303. I know not many people who would ever say this but I can't wait until I weigh 300 lbs and in 4 lbs, I will never ever say that again because I will never be over 300 lbs again.

Ok next thing that happened is I did my normal weight training routine which was good and made me tired but then I talked myself into getting on the elliptical for 25 minutes. I got on the Elliptical and 6 minutes into it, I was ready to quit, but then I told myself that I needed to go to 10 minutes and if at 10 minutes I wanted to get off I could. At 10 minutes, I talked myself into 15 and at 15 I talked myself into 20 and at 20 I talked myself into doing the 25. I was amazed, tired and drenched in sweat but I did 25 minutes which is something I haven't been able to do on the elliptical in 5 years. Since I live in the Mile High City, I was curious if I could do even better at sea level, who knows ;)

Anyway, I thought I would share because I am so damn happy right now :)

mezmerize 09-28-2004 12:52 AM

That is wonderful Nelie!! :bravo: Sometimes clothes can really lift us up.

Way to talk yourself into working out. Very clever. So many times we think we can't go on because we are to tried for working out and you just proved that go a few minutes at a time and before you know it your 25 minutes into it. AWESOME!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy For You!!!!
:cp: :cp:
Mez

TXMomof3 09-28-2004 01:17 AM

:cheer:

Way to go, Nelie! That is totally awesome and by the way you posted, I can almost see your beaming smile in person! Keep up the great work!!!

~P

jkfla 09-28-2004 08:41 AM

wow! that is awesome! i'm glad i'm not the only one who talks myself into a few more minutes of something. LOL it works really well though. keep up the good work!

djs06 09-28-2004 10:14 PM

This is great news, Nelie! Thanks for sharing. I'm really happy for you.

LakeGirl 09-28-2004 10:20 PM

YAY for you, Nelie! Wonderful news the whole way around!!

Clothes do so much for our moods in one way or another. I got out of class early last night and for some reason decided to walk around the mall (our community college has a branch office and classrooms in the back of the mall). Anyway, I wandered into Fashion Bug Plus and was looking at clothes and then I thought "I don't want to buy anything here. I don't want to buy clothes again until I can buy them smaller."

It felt good to feel that positive :)

heather_dw 09-29-2004 12:19 AM

Great job Nelie! I am so happy for you!!1 Keep up the great work! You should definitely get past your goal of 299 before christmas at this rate!

lessofsarahtolove 09-29-2004 12:07 PM

WOO HOO, NELIE! !! :cp: :cp: :cp:

Nelie, I'm so happy for you -- you are just the bomb diggity, girlfriend! I have to say that I find you totally inspirational and I respect the heck out of you. Go, you!

Annie-Rose 09-29-2004 12:52 PM

GREAT! That's amazing!

barbygirl43 09-29-2004 04:08 PM

That is great all around. I too talk myself into just a few more minutes or one more lap, stuff like that.

Br00klyn 09-29-2004 10:50 PM

NELLIE!!! CONGRATULATIONS! :bravo:

I'm so very happy for you... The talking yourself into works, especially on the Elliptical for some reason.. I find though if you can bring yourself to make it to 10 minutes.. It gets a little bit easier for the last 10. ;)

Again hun, You're doing amazing! :D Truly an inspiration...

Well DONE! :cp: