3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Let's just say we start at #200 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/47187-lets-just-say-we-start-200-a.html)

Charbar 09-27-2004 09:14 AM

Let's just say we start at #200

Are we still doing the "just chat" threads - does anyone remember what # we are on? I remember being in the 150's a long time ago.

How is everyone? There are so many new people on here! I'm sorry that I can't keep up. I really feel like I've been here for years - hang on - I have :yikes:

Today I was motivated by someone's signature to get on my tread mill.. compared to the rest of you it seems like nothing.. but we all have to start somewhere, right? :smug:

I did 10 minutes and .27 miles. I want to take it slow. It will make a difference if I just do that everyday. Honestly I really haven't done anything since I found out I've found that I'm pregnant. Walking the dog has been really hard. (he is a 100 lb 1 year old black lab - if he wants to go into the ditch - you are going with him) I feel so guilty excercising with out him.

So will your expercise plan change withs the weather?

Have a wonderful fall day all!

Dana

djs06 09-27-2004 09:56 AM

Hi Dana! Congratulations on the treadmill. You're right,it will make a difference if you do it every day, and I'm glad you're taking it slow. How have you been feeling?

Not much going on here. This weekend was pretty uneventful, just some gym and work. Last weekend my aunt, uncle and 2 cousins were down and took me out to dinner because my cousin was in a nasty car accident and they came down to pick her up. Her car was totalled. It was like a 6-car accident that closed down a stretch of i-95, but she walked out fine. Some guy was trying to touch her because he thought she was "blessed"- haha!

Hope everyone had a great week!

bella23 09-27-2004 10:46 AM

I'm not sure I have met you yet Dana, I have been here as well of and on for years, lol. Anyway I have a 100lb Rotti but he is great to take for a walk. As far as my fall plans, I love fall with the cooler weather so I will hopefully be doing a lot ouside. I want to start to ride a bike, and told my hubby that we are going to start to Mt. Hike more often as well. We have some great trails in our area. BUT we will only be able to do that on a Sunday as hunting season has started.

Well glad to meet all those who I haven't already, lol

TTFN

Ivanna B. Skinny 09-27-2004 03:21 PM

Congrats Dana, for walking today! I remember when I was preggy- I didn't feel like doing JACK! So, even 10 mins is GREAT!! BTW, I voted for the name Elijah- I LOVE that name! My family is in a Bible name kick, and all the "good" boys names are taken ( Gabriel, Joshua, David, Caleb, Michael, Daniel, Noah, Elijah, Isiah, Thomas, and even Giddeon) But, our boys name we have picked out...(for if we ever have one) is Samuel. Its my DH's grandfathers name, my uncles name, and a great Bible name,too. My little angels name is Abbigail EmmaLee ( EmmaLee after my grandmother). I LOVE the names Sarah and Rebbikah (sp?),too. Well...anyhoo...sorry to go on and on! :dizzy:

I really need to get back into the groove with my exercise. My problem is our schedule, I never really know when I'll have some free time, when DH is home to watch Abby. I try to walk with her in the stroller, but shes getting to the age where she wants to walk herself (16 months) and that makes it harder to get out there.

About the weather changing...I'm not really sure how I'll deal with the cold. I guess I'll have to invest in some Leslie Sansone dvds. Everyone here seems to really like them.

Charbar 09-27-2004 03:34 PM

Bella.. you goof ball :dizzy: it's me.. I've known you for years. I changed my name a while back. I'm used to be SLIMDOWN.. but changed it about 6 months ago. :)

Sandi 09-27-2004 04:15 PM

Hi All!!

Thanks for starting this Slimdown!!! I think the fact that you got back on your treadmill is just awesome. From everything I hear, the more active you can stay during pregnancy, the better the delivery. So, keep it up!!!! :D

djs06...some guy thought she was blessed?? :?: Like as in Holy? Please explain further.

bella! Good to see you!!! I wish we had a dog!!! :( Hubby is allergic. But I tend to like smaller dogs.

Ivanna - I hear you about the exercise and schedule thing. Do you have a local YMCA? Mine has a daycare. That would solve that issue for you. Jacob loves to go!!!

As for me I am doing well. I just finished my first week back on plan. I am working out again and following my food plan. It feels good to be trying again!!

How is everyone else???

bella23 09-27-2004 05:01 PM

LOL ok, now I do feel like a goof ball. You can't change your name with out telling me, lol!!! And Sandy, we have two dogs that big, but I rairly take them for a walk, we have a huge fenced in yard that they get all their work out in. I would rather walk by myself anyway, lol. And with our many snakes, small dogs are not a good choice, lol.

Well I am off to school so I will be on again tomorrow to say hi.

TTFN

Sheila53 09-27-2004 09:59 PM

Good for you, Dana! When I was pregnant with my second child, I walked every day down at a track near the city university I was attending. It was easier to walk the track instead of trying to cope with the traffic on the streets. However, one time I had to deal with a football player who thought I should get out of his way as he was cutting corners after practice. Hah! You don't play chicken with a pregnant woman (I probably weighed more than he did) and win.

If he's Elijah, he'll be in good company. Isn't that what Angie (whom we haven't seen in ages) named her little boy? Rebekah is a great name. My son was going to be Rebecca if he hadn't been David. :)

My big weekend news was that I had my first hot flash at about 3:00 am on Sunday. My DH said the temperature in the bedroom we were in (we went to visit friends at the beach) went up perceptibly! I don't know about that, but I felt like a furnace had gone off inside me.

Sandi, I'll pay you $100 if you'll take my small dog. Yap, yap, yap. Why I adopted that dog, I do not know. A 100 lb. Rott is a bit much for me, but give me a sweet 40 lb. mutt any day.