Old 09-25-2004, 01:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Angry Shopping, grr!

Wow! I've been in Seattle visiting my brother for a few days now, and I've been on a quest to find black low rise dress pants with a boot cut, do you have ANY idea how impossible that is? I've checked ANY store I can think of, or any store anyone can think of, nothing doing! However, I got a really cute pair of Steve Madden shoes, and a really really nice pair of Kenneth Cole shoes, and i've gotten some cosmetics from Sephora, but NO PANTS! So my question is this, am I hooped for finding this type of pants until I am back into a 16? And what do people do if they have a low rise?? I'm totally frustrated, I mean, in Vancouver I have my store where I can buy those pants, but I wanted something new and better quality. Okay, I am done with my venting, tomorrow is my last shopping day, we'll see if I have the energy to go though. heh. Take care everyone
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 01:23 PM   #2  
Getting back on track!

Hey there Swimgirl,
Hope you are having a great time!
I'm sorry I can't help you with your pants quest! But just wanted to say Hi.
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 06:29 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Low rise is hard to find in plus size.

Mostly, I've just found jeans in low rise. However, I'm really fond of Lane Bryant's new Lexington pant. The flared leg/ boot cut is nice, however, still not low rise.

I do have a couple of low rise blank pants with boot cut legs... I really don't know if I classify them as "dress pants." They're yoga pants.... I wear them with everything. They're also my travel pants because they don't wrinkle and a comfortable enought to trek all over paris in them and still look dressy enough I can throw a snazzy shirt on and where them out to dinner.

Hope that helps!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 07:42 PM   #4  

I have a shortish rise, too, and I know how frustrated you are. When I was at my higher weights, and wearing a 24 up to a 30, ALL pants came up to my armpits practically. I just never wore pants. While my stomach and butt were (are!) big, obviously I was carrying more side-to-side weight than the manufacturers assumed.

Once I got down to a 22 it seemed to get better, and MOST "regular" pants fit me OK at my current size 18. I definitely get low- to mid-rise jeans when I can, though.

One thing you might do is look at catalog companies like Land's End online. I know they will make custom jeans to your measurements, so perhaps they make some dress pants as well. And, they don't cost a LOT more than their regular stuff. You might also just visit a tailor and get some made!
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:18 AM   #5  
PamPSM644

Swimgirl, as your mother would say, you'll be pretty in whatever you choose.Reading your post made me smile. It's been a really long time sence I worried about being stylish. I've been happy to just find something that fit and wasn't hideous.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I found them! At Old NAvy, but I had to go up to a size 20 in their pants. But it was well worth it!! I was so happy to find that all their pants are "low rise" which is at my waist. When I wear "normal" pants they cut me right in my upper roll (tee-hee), which hurts and just isn't fun. Also, I always just get my pants from my work (Canadian plus size chain), and their younger line is ALL lower rise, I had just wanted something new, yah know? I am currently trying to stretch out my new Steve Madden shoes, which are so cute, heh.. I'm a brand name wh*re!
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Glad you found the pants! I haven't been shopping in recent days, but I'm sort of the opposite and I always seem to find low rise pants which just don't work for me - they always feel like they're falling off (though I've got a long torso)...
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote