3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community
You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Newbie Newbie Read All About....Me! :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/46639-newbie-newbie-read-all-about-me.html)

missaprylj 09-14-2004 06:54 PM

:wave: Hi, Allison! This is a great place! You'll love it here. Congratulations on your victories thus forth and here's to many more! :cheers:

LakeGirl 09-14-2004 09:24 PM

Hi Allison!

The situation with your hubby sounds alot like mine, though my hubby has gained much more weight than I since we have been married. When he is around me he is eating better now and not drinking soda, at least at home. I never know what he might be up to when I'm at work or he is at work, but he has to answer to himself.

You have to keep in your mind that you are doing this for you! Most of the time, the women do the cooking in the household, so if you don't cook much, challenge yourself to start cooking more. It is much easier to find things you like that are good for you, and the other good part is that the hubby will need to eat what you are making!

I also belong to the YMCA and no one gives me any grief. Even if they did, I would blow it off. But where I live it at least seems to me that the Y has a more mature crowd than our town gym. Might be because the Y also gears towards families more. Anyway, everyone is there to work out, regardless of your fitness level, so just jump in there and get going!

Glad to have you with us! This is an amazing group of people!

Sheila53 09-14-2004 11:09 PM

Welcome!

I agree with LakeGirl about the Y. I weighed 261 when I joined and felt right at home. There are a lot of heavier people in my water aerobics class--it's so much easier on the joints.

MoveMoveMove 09-15-2004 03:35 PM

From one newbie to another....WELCOME!

Hello Allison. Welcome to the club. I just joined here myself and I love it - so much proof that we can do this. I know how you feel about not wanting people to see you. I almost didn't join a gym because I felt that way. As a matter of fact, I have to fight that feeling every time I'm driving there. I just have to remember that I'm doing this for ME. But you know what, on my first day there, I saw someone come in for a tour and they had the same look on their face that I probably had on mine the day I worked up the courage to take the tour - :yikes: . It was a guy who looked to be about my same weight and I thought - YEA I am so proud of him. And on the off chance that anyone else in there was paying attention to him, I'll bet they felt the same way. But if they didn't, so what. You just keep doing what you can when you can and know that we are all here rooting for you.

BOIBY - thank you so much for your tag line - it has helped me resist temptation several times, just this morning as a matter of fact.

boiaby 09-15-2004 05:00 PM

I love that line too, Marcia. It's gotten me through numerous difficult situations and still does to this day.

Beverly