Going thru a really rough time...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well I got a call yesterday from my Dad, that my grandmother has had a mild stroke and is in hospital. Since I've lived away from home, this is the first call like this I've had (in 5 years), and my grandmother raised me so I'm obviously really upset. Its really hard being across the country and not knowing what's going on and knowing for sure that she will be okay. Test results should come back today and my dad said he would call and let me know. This woman is like a mother to me, and I won't be able to handle anything happening to her...

Sorry for the vent, I had to get that out and let you know why I haven't been posting and why I may be scarce for a bit. I've been reading the posts but its hard to reply when this is all I can think about. Yesterday, when I found out.. I totally went off the deep end with my plan, really really bad food and no exercise but I will do my best to get right back on plan today.

Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers!
  • Celina -

I am so sorry to hear that your grandma is in the hospital. I will say a prayer that you get good news. I can't imagine how hard it must be since you are far away.

Love Ya!!!
  • oh honey. i'm so sorry to read about this. many thoughts, prayers, warm hugs for you and your family.

and now, darlin. here it comes. going off plan will not help your grandmother. and overall, it won't help you with coping. <and believe me, i KNOW what i'm talking about here!!!!!>

soooool... deal with yourself kindly. and healthfully. sometimes being kind to ourselves means NOT having the caramel frappucino...

please keep us posted on your grandmother - and on YOU!!!!
  • Thoughts and prayers for your grandma, you and your family.
  • I am sorry to hear that, you and your family are in my thoughts & prayers. *hugs*
  • Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Best wishes and lots of positive thoughts coming your way!
  • Aw, Celina, sweetie -- I am SO sorry to hear this news....my heart just goes out to you being far from her during this time. The woman who raised me was older as well, and I know from experience that it's really hard to deal with this so early in your adult life. Your grandmother, you, and your family will be in my prayers. Like, Jiff, I encourage you to stay on plan; you need to take care of yourself during this time. I know you can rise to this challenge -- I'm here for you, Celinagirl, so let me know if there's anything at all I can do to help. We're all here for you.
  • Celina,
    Im so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. You, your family and your grandmother will indeed be in our prayers. Amy
  • I'm so sorry, honey....
  • So sorry to hear about your grandmother Celina - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Love Amanda x
  • Celina~

Believe me, I understand where you're coming from. When I was in 5th grade, my grandpa had a stroke. He has pretty much raised me up to that point. He was left immobile and speechless for 4 years, and my life changed drastically- and forever. I sincerely pray that things go better for you and your grandma. Please keep us updated, and don't forget to take care of yourself. I don't mean "4 point days" either. I mean sleep, take a bath, watch some T.V., do whatever you need to relax. You losing your mind won't help your grandma. *hugs*
  • Ditto what Jiffy and Apryl said.
  • Oh, Celina, I'm so sorry. How awful for you and your family. My thoughts are with you.
  • >>>hugs<<<<
  • Celina, you and your family are in my prayers. Hang in there girl. Your grandma needs you to be healthy, I am sure that would make her happy. Peace be with you.

We all care for you here at 3FC

Me and my family send days to you and your family